1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
What are his legit chances? Not good?!

Granada

Liked Posts:
I could be wrong, but I feel like it's between Hughes and Kubalik. Hughes (and Makar) were in the top-five in ice time on their teams. I think Hughes is the front runner, but the fact that Kubalik led all rookies in goals, even-strength goals and even-strength points should definitely help his cause.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I could be wrong, but I feel like it's between Hughes and Kubalik. Hughes (and Makar) were in the top-five in ice time on their teams. I think Hughes is the front runner, but the fact that Kubalik led all rookies in goals, even-strength goals and even-strength points should definitely help his cause.
I agree with your assessment, and Kubalik should be up there with Hughes when it comes time to award the winner.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree, but the Calder is voted on by Sportswriters--a group who votes for popularity, not actual merit.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I agree, but the Calder is voted on by Sportswriters--a group who votes for popularity, not actual merit.
So Hughes in a landslide because the american's will vote for the american, and the Vancovuer guy for Hughes.