Kurt Warner on Justin Fields.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
yes because the defense always lets the opposing team know the defense they’re going to be in for every play.
Every coach can get caught in a bad play, and its only preseason, but if you look presnap at this play it is screaming a base zone defense. I mean you have two WRs to the right side of the formation and nobody is within a mile of them. This is a great time to change the play if you haven't dialed up something against zone coverage.

I did see Trubisky change the play several times, I think more from run to pass and vice versa, but I would have no doubt if Nagy's system has a less than sophisticated audible system.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Every coach can get caught in a bad play, and its only preseason, but if you look presnap at this play it is screaming a base zone defense. I mean you have two WRs to the right side of the formation and nobody is within a mile of them. This is a great time to change the play if you haven't dialed up something against zone coverage.

I did see Trubisky change the play several times, I think more from run to pass and vice versa, but I would have no doubt if Nagy's system has a less than sophisticated audible system.
I don’t think he likes QBs changing his totally awesome sophisticated and omnipotent play calls.

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don’t think he likes QBs changing his totally awesome sophisticated and omnipotent play calls.
This makes me picture Nagy jumping up and down stomping his feet screaming "NO!!! you're not doing it right!!!" when they change the play and score a TD

Stonewall

Liked Posts:
I think the scout team position would give fields to really hone in on that "open-throw-it" instinct that he needs to be able to consistently see the easy throws thus making his life and those of his teammates easier.

Its really almost an extension of training camp from a qb development stand point.

2-3 weeks to really hone in on the little stuff can go a long way in preparing to be a starter.

None of Kurt's critics were about anticipation/accuracy, it was about seeing it.

That just takes time and seasoning.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No one thinks Justin needs anything outside of playing to be successful. Look at Farve who never could read... but if he could, he'd be the GOAT.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The O play is called before the D reveals itself. While the Reid system doesn't call for audibles in the traditional sense of a QB changing the play to whatever he wants, there are generally 2 or more play calls in the huddle and the QB can change to the one he thinks will be most successful based on the D. So you are blaming Nagy for something that is the QB's responsibility.

The only OC that really tries to wait on the D to declare is McVeigh. He used to call a play with like 15-20 seconds on the clock and get the team to the line and then change it based on what he saw. However, that is rare and probably part of the reason Goff appears to be a mental midget. He had his hand held by McVeigh.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The O play is called before the D reveals itself. While the Reid system doesn't call for audibles in the traditional sense of a QB changing the play to whatever he wants, there are generally 2 or more play calls in the huddle and the QB can change to the one he thinks will be most successful based on the D. So you are blaming Nagy for something that is the QB's responsibility.

The only OC that really tries to wait on the D to declare is McVeigh. He used to call a play with like 15-20 seconds on the clock and get the team to the line and then change it based on what he saw. However, that is rare and probably part of the reason Goff appears to be a mental midget. He had his hand held by McVeigh.
He did because he needed it. Mcvay is a top 3-5 play caller in the game easy

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

This. Ds finally started making very late changes and forced a QB change while the rest of the team is still a contender.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Mcvay’s playcalling has been so good because of that waiting. But when defenses started to catch on, his playcalling looked a lot worse.

Of course, he blamed it on the QB, and then went out to get “his” guy that could run his offense the way it was intended. Wait…are we talking about Mcvay, or Nagy? Lol

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Mcvay’s playcalling has been so good because of that waiting. But when defenses started to catch on, his playcalling looked a lot worse.

Of course, he blamed it on the QB, and then went out to get “his” guy that could run his offense the way it was intended. Wait…are we talking about Mcvay, or Nagy? Lol
Mcvay is a real coach. Nagy is fodder

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Think it is a part if his system. Stafford might get more freedom but think McVay still likes to see the D if he can.

This. Ds finally started making very late changes and forced a QB change while the rest of the team is still a contender.

Yeah one of the places I thought Trubs could work as he wouldn't have to think.