Kurt Warner on Justin Fields.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I also think those are things that he can grow from by seeing them from the sideline and on tape for a bit before getting thrown in. Remember, these were preseason reads. It’s only going to get harder from here on out. I don’t think it’s a bad decision to let him learn from the sideline first…
You and I have always disagreed on this point, which is ok. Now Fields will be on the bench to start the season so that is a moot point not worth debating. If Dalton has his head handed to him against either one of these two damn good defenses the Rams and Browns at the start of the season then that becomes a different question altogether.

After watching Fields growth, first at Ohio State, then with the Bears from OTA's on I am more convinced now than ever before that mentally he is as ready as any rookie QB I have ever seen in a Bears uniform to start. I say this because he learns quickly from his mistakes on the field. The big hit he took against the Bills is a prime example. Fields makes the mistake takes a big hit from a free runner, later in the game Bills run the same blitz from a different formation, Fields sees it and makes the right call.

When Fields does start expect mistakes. The good ones learn quickly, the bad ones like Trubisky never learn.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You and I have always disagreed on this point, which is ok. Now Fields will be on the bench to start the season so that is a moot point not worth debating. If Dalton has his head handed to him against either one of these two damn good defenses the Rams and Browns at the start of the season then that becomes a different question altogether.

After watching Fields growth, first at Ohio State, then with the Bears from OTA's on I am more convinced now than ever before that mentally he is as ready as any rookie QB I have ever seen in a Bears uniform to start. I say this because he learns quickly from his mistakes on the field. The big hit he took against the Bills is a prime example. Fields makes the mistake takes a big hit from a free runner, later in the game Bills run the same blitz from a different formation, Fields sees it and makes the right call.

When Fields does start expect mistakes. The good ones learn quickly, the bad ones like Trubisky never learn.
I don't disagree with that. I honestly am not convinced there is a right way and a wrong way to do this. Just different ways.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yes because the defense always lets the opposing team know the defense they’re going to be in for every play. It’s a very gentlemanly sport.
You missing your eyeballs bud? This might make some level of sense if you were talking about a different head coach. We have years of film on this cocksucker not having a fucking clue how to call plays.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He didn't cite any PFF stats.....He doesn't know shit
And it’s obvious he didn’t put hours upon hours into studying the film either. Looks like he’s just seeing it for the first time. Seems like he knows what he’s talking about, but I don’t trust a guy unless he’s put in the REAL work!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
And it’s obvious he didn’t put hours upon hours into studying the film either. Looks like he’s just seeing it for the first time. Seems like he knows what he’s talking about, but I don’t trust a guy unless he’s put in the REAL work!
he was also cherry picking.....

I think I'll go watch some dudes that rent out their parents basements for some real knowledge

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty much consistent with what I saw on tape and what the PFF time to throw stats indicate.
We all saw this on tape…it’s called video

Bust

Liked Posts:
Besides Gruden when he use to evaluate QB’s, this is the only person I trust with evaluating QBs. From a sports media. Good video to see and hear what he thinks.

Have you guys noticed how the Bills were all in scheming to win the bears game? Look at all those sets on D shifting trying to confuse Justin. Their Offense was throwing bombs with Fromm when the game was well out of hand, lol.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We all saw this on tape…it’s called video

We did?

If you watched the games you'd realize Fields was making his own time. Many times the pocket collapsed almost instantly and Fields shifted. Its the only reason Fields was able to do anything. I honestly don't know how they measure ttt but Fields scrambling away from pressure and making a throw is not ttt....
I don't buy into the whole timing thing. The sample size is way too small. And couple that with a lack of an actual in game strategy renders some of this stuff moot.
Your characterization and Warner's are not the same. He is offering sober analysis while you are trying to explain it all away.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
We did?

Your characterization and Warner's are not the same. He is offering sober analysis while you are trying to explain it all away.
I was talking about the pff stats ….the whole time…..I agree with Warner’s analysis. One of the reasons I don’t think Fields should start. Warner’s analysis doesn’t support the ttt stat. That’s just a number in a vacuum.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was talking about the pff stats ….the whole time…..I agree with Warner’s analysis. One of the reasons I don’t think Fields should start. Warner’s analysis doesn’t support the ttt stat. That’s just a number in a vacuum.

LMFAO. Warner's analysis highlights he is taking to long to go through progressions and PFF stats say he had the longest time to throw in the preseason.

Modo illogical conclusion - Warner's analysis doesn't support the TTT state. It is just a number in a vacuum despite the fact the vacuum has now been explained by Warner.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LMFAO. Warner's analysis highlights he is taking to long to go through progressions and PFF stats say he had the longest time to throw in the preseason.

Modo illogical conclusion - Warner's analysis doesn't support the TTT state. It is just a number in a vacuum despite the fact the vacuum has now been explained by Warner.
He has the longest time due to his ability to extend plays even though he did go for the big play instead of an easy throw.Does PFF have a play extended stat?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He has the longest time due to his ability to extend plays even though he did go for the big play instead of an easy throw.Does PFF have a play extended stat?

The post you responded to was discussing whether what Warner was saying was consistent with what the PFF data showed. The answer is yes it was contrary to Modo's make believe.

As to your question, is he the only QB in the NFL that can extend plays? If not then how does his TTT compare to those other QBs?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm not entering the Remy toilet bowl..

[/shun]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not entering the Remy toilet bowl..

[/shun]

I wouldn't if I were you either as your argument is so full of shit, you would just clog the bowl.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he'll get past these things faster from practice reps with coaches in his ear. It's a balancing act but as soon as he starts, he'll actually be getting fewer education reps due to game prep.

I think a lot of people here forget that he only started 22 college games. That's less than 2 normal regular seasons. Ohio State usually plays 12 a year without playoffs.

Last edited:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I enjoyed listening to a real good QB, break down QB play. Second, the BAD from Kurt wasn't as "bad" as the Good from Kurt in his take away. Looks like, even with the "bad" Kurt is finding good. Bad read but here he shows his athleticism.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't if I were you either as your argument is so full of shit, you would just clog the bowl.
Need to work on those comebacks