Kyle Fuller...HE GONE(UPDATE:Now a Bronco)

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
To be fair Eddie just restructured his contract to help the Bears free up Cap space. I'd be mad as he'll too if I did that, only for management to sign Andy Dalton with the Cap space and then proceed to cut one of my buddies.

It's not like he gave any money back. He still got and gets all of his money and some sooner than he would of got it now. He still underperformed and has underperformed since getting paid.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I thought we all already knew that we were gonna have to do something with at least one of our highly paid defensive players and maybe two especially if we wanna add pieces to this offense. We talked about it for the last few months on here and talked about which players to trade or cut to add QB help and o-line help. It sucks to lose Fuller cause he's been pretty good for us but when you're against the cap this is what teams have to do. Do you think Rams fans are happy that they traded M.Brockers for a fucking 7th round pick the other day? They had to do it to get him off the books. Balt does this almost every year.
Baltimore let's players walk and gets comp picks. They don't release good players and get nothing for them because they don't know how to manage their cap

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL, Pace will trade next years #1 in a classic Pace move up to select a bust draft day trade.
And I will will punch someone

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
They thought this was a possibility. If your metaphor is better, than im in my shelter eating canned beans, not driving to work.

Regardless of which one of us is worse at metaphors, Ryan Pace could have avoided this by not setting this team up for disaster by giving up shitty contracts and drafting horribly.

Imagine dating two smoking hot women. And in the middle of an epic all-nighter menage-a-touix, kick them out of the bed only to bring in Ellen Degeneres, eating a can of beans while teleworking.

It's like that. Not sure what the two of you were metaphoring up there.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Your metaphor is bad. Instead of a traffic jam, imagine a meteor hit the earth and forced you to live off of what was in your car for two weeks. Still prepared?

Again, it sucks, but the cap decreasing from $198 to $182 was not something anyone could have planned for. Yes, Pace has made plenty of mistakes but this was bad timing exasperating what would have otherwise been a manageable situation.

Fuller will just get replaced by the #20 pick thats all. There will be a few good ones there to choose from.
Its just a reallocation of resources from the defense to the offense.

Rise

Liked Posts:
So dalton now cost a 5th round pick and fuller. I can’t it just gets worse by the minute.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Interesting that ESPN is reporting the Bears will save 14 mil and only have 6 mil in dead cap. It was originally thought we would only save 11 mil and take a 9 mil dead cap hit.

If this is the case it makes more sense why it was difficult to find a trade partner. Paying Fuller 14 mil and giving up draft capital for a one year rental makes for a different situation.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
imo vildor is not ready to be a CB and should be a safety....so they're either going to have to draft someone?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

They cut Earl Thomas.

They cut Tony Jefferson.

They cut B.Carr

I'm not gonna keep going but i promise you they've cut multiple good players over the years to save cap space. Many teams do.
Earl Thomas got cut during the season and nobody signed him. Tony Jefferson also did not get signed by anybody. This isn't exactly a sterling example. How come nobody wanted these guys?

Also thanks for the link from 2003...

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting that ESPN is reporting the Bears will save 14 mil and only have 6 mil in dead cap. It was originally thought we would only save 11 mil and take a 9 mil dead cap hit.

If this is the case it makes more sense why it was difficult to find a trade partner. Paying Fuller 14 mil and giving up draft capital for a one year rental makes for a different situation.

I'm trusting Sporttrac and OTC more than a reporter trying to get unresearched material out as fast as possible