Kyle Long contract extension

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
What a complete piece of shit. Fucking locker room cancer. How dare he ask for this. Time to trade his dissident non-conformist ass for a 5th or 6th rounder.

Somebody needs a hug, or to find Jesus, or something.

DWBear

Liked Posts:
Extending guys with 2 years left on his deal is a dangerous precedent to start. You see what happened in Seattle, they did it for Marshawn and then Chancellor and Bennett were knocking at their doors.

After the 2016 season, the Bears will extend Long and fold his 5th year option into the new deal.

2017; 5th year option 8 million

4 year 44 million extension [11 million/season]

5 years 52 million/35 guartanteed

I hope that's enough for Kyle. When he heard about the Osweiler contract he was saying that he "wants to remain a Bear, but they better come hard." It was on his Twicth Stream so I can't actually pull up reference.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope that's enough for Kyle. When he heard about the Osweiler contract he was saying that he "wants to remain a Bear, but they better come hard." It was on his Twicth Stream so I can't actually pull up reference.

Based on that comment alone, he is a big time malcontent and will be ridden out of town on a rail:(

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could see it now. Long comes in and Pace is sitting at the table with his six shooter with three notches on the gun and a file in his right hand. Long looks up from the table and sees three pictures of guys with Xs covering their faces. Pace looks up and says....Are you ready? Are you ready, punk? Go ahead. Make my day:)

Hold on...

Wait for it...

There it is!

:hawked:

broughtupbears

Liked Posts:
For all those who meaningfully contributed to this conversation; thank you. I didn't know there was an option in the final year so that makes sense that they wouldn't extend now. That said, I don't know that it would be a terrible short term move but the long game that has players pushing for extensions is a relevant point.

Either way Kyle Long is a great Bear and I will look forward to watching him for years to come.

Go Bears!

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So is hawk mongo's new partner?

Reactions: WCL

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For all those who meaningfully contributed to this conversation; thank you. I didn't know there was an option in the final year so that makes sense that they wouldn't extend now. That said, I don't know that it would be a terrible short term move but the long game that has players pushing for extensions is a relevant point.

Either way Kyle Long is a great Bear and I will look forward to watching him for years to come.

Go Bears!

Yeah, so do I. But then again, there is the Bear's way of fucking things up.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are many options afforded to teams. Right now there may not be any real advantage to extending him. Cap space is a consideration and the Bears have tons of it next season. Also, what if he gets seriously injured this year? More options for Bears next year.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you extend Long he'll be here Longer.

monkeyrimshot.gif

Reactions: WCL

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
His much is he making this year?

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

mecha

Liked Posts:
Mongo, RacerX, Broc, and Hawk. if we trade them in a colossal package deal what can we get?