Kyle Long going to probowl?

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
I saw that Kyle Long is a probowl alternate, does that mean he is the 1st choice to go if somebody else can't? If that's the case, he's going to the probowl, since one of Vasquez(Broncos) or Mankins(Patriots) is going to the Superbowl and missing the probowl. Iupati would also miss the game if the 49ers make it. I can't find a list of the alternate order, so sorry if there is one out there and I missed it.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw that Kyle Long is a probowl alternate, does that mean he is the 1st choice to go if somebody else can't? If that's the case, he's going to the probowl, since one of Vasquez(Broncos) or Mankins(Patriots) is going to the Superbowl and missing the probowl. Iupati would also miss the game if the 49ers make it. I can't find a list of the alternate order, so sorry if there is one out there and I missed it.

if that's the case, either Mankins of Vasquez definitely aren't going

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I really like Kyle Long, especially considering he's a Chicago Bear.....But,

Sometimes I feel that he gets extra media attention & accolades because he's Howie Long's son.

Boochee Man

Liked Posts:

Sometimes I feel that he gets extra media attention & accolades because he's Howie Long's son.

He's been receiving hype since the PreSeason since he's the first Bears first rounder to pan out since Greg Olsen. It has more to do with the fact that he's a first round pick on an o-line that doesn't lead in sacks given up anymore.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's been receiving hype since the PreSeason since he's the first Bears first rounder to pan out since Greg Olsen. It has more to do with the fact that he's a first round pick on an o-line that doesn't lead in sacks given up anymore.

This... lol its exciting when a 1st rounder isn't on IR by the 2nd minute of fucking TC... (yes I know I am over exaggerating)

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
He was hyped the moment he was drafted......Because his father was Howie Long.

Considering that Mills was a 5th round pick, I would think his success was the bigger story.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This... lol its exciting when a 1st rounder isn't on IR by the 2nd minute of fucking TC... (yes I know I am over exaggerating)

In the case of Chris Williams, you wouldn't be exaggerating much.

optimus prime

Liked Posts:

greg olson panned out?

Saluki

Liked Posts:
He was hyped the moment he was drafted......Because his father was Howie Long.

Considering that Mills was a 5th round pick, I would think his success was the bigger story.

They both are good stories, considering how little experince Long had and how much of a long shot Mills was. Mills was not that great this season (think he ranked near the bottom of starting tackles) but being a rookie 5th round pick he still outperformed expectations.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The power of Jon Gruden and a recognizable name got the nod.

I don't know if for guard there's just 1 alternate and it's him, or if there's 2 and he is the 2nd. Don't care to look that up myself though.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Warford an alternate? He's light years better than Kyle.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Is Warford an alternate? He's light years better than Kyle.

Dude, this was really Kyle Long's first year of action. Played sparingly in college for one season. Long's ceiling is greater than Warford's. Warford is a great guard though.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Rich Campbell ‏@Rich_Campbell 4m
Bears RG Kyle Long, a 2nd alternate to Pro Bowl, is expected to be nominated to the game if the 49ers win Sunday & Mike Iupati is ineligible

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Probably but he should continue to get a lot better since he's kinda new to it all still. I would think based on performances this year there would be a lot of guards who should go before him. Is Slauson even going? He was far and away the highest rated lineman for the Bears.