Kyle Long signed to 4 year extension

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Long-inks-new-deal-through-2021/ec37fe2b-d570-458e-a39a-e62d957b88f8

The Bears locked up one of their most important players Wednesday, signing offensive lineman Kyle Long to a four-year contract extension through 2021.

Kyle Long
Offensive lineman Kyle Long signing a four-year contract extension through 2021.
Selected by the Bears with the 20th pick in the 2013 draft out of Oregon, Long has become the first offensive lineman in franchise history to be voted to the Pro Bowl in each of his first three seasons. The team's last player to accomplish that feat was middle linebacker Brian Urlacher.

"Kyle is extremely talented, a great teammate and more than deserving of this contract," said general manager Ryan Pace. "He is a big piece of the foundation we are building and we only expect him to continue to get better. We are excited to announce this long-term commitment to Kyle."

Long is back at right guard this season, the position he played his first two years with the Bears, after being moved to right tackle in 2015. He has started 47 of 48 games in three seasons, missing only one contest in 2014 due to a hip injury.

Long entered the NFL after making just five starts at the Division I college level. He spent two seasons at Saddleback College in California before transferring to Oregon.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Live interview with him right now on chicagobears.com

Hot damn I love me some Kyle Long.

They've got several videos of him up there right now. If you need a lil pick me up, watch his mic'd up vid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Second contracts are a good sign and make me warm and fuzzy on the inside...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Some had questioned whether it was a true 4 year extension or reworking of the last two years with an additional two. So it seems that it is a true extension expiring in 2021, when Long will be 34.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait, so he just now signed it? Or they just now released details? I know I'm an idiot, but still. I'm confused.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait, so he just now signed it? Or they just now released details? I know I'm an idiot, but still. I'm confused.

details leaked before...just announced now....