Kyle Long thinks the Bears are done with Mitch!!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Long is on Twitter right now giving the guy who wrote that shit for twisting his words and mis quoting him
That guy better not be wearing a helmet next time Kyle sees him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Meh. Kyle knows as much about this as we do. That said, I think Foles starts.

Kyle knows a hell of a lot more about this then we do.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
After that first GB game Nagy had to be pondering wtf he was working with. Inaugural game in front of the world vs a division rival, papa bears 100th anniversary to starting this thing called NFL, after a whole offseason of prepping and game planning, after losing a playoff game on a FG in the previous season, Chicago’s 2nd overall pick in his 3rd season had one scoring drive of 16 yards for 3 points.....

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's probably not wrong, but by the same token, Foles sucked in the regular season the season after he won the Super Bowl. He was money in the playoffs though.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
If the Bears weren't able to restructure Nick Foles' contracts to 8 mil a year and had to pay him 15 mil+ I could see the argument. But people fail to see that Foles is only getting paid 2 mil more than what we paid Chase Daniels last year. We aren't paying him starter money or anything near it at the moment..more like rookie money.

Instead Pace restructured Foles' contract in a way that makes it entirely possible he is the backup the next 3 years. Heck its possible Trubs plays decent, but not good enough for a long term deal. Trubs is then franchised tagged and Foles still the backup.

Either way, management isn't invested enough in Foles' to force him out on the field unless Trubisky's play gives them no other option. Foles is good insurance and could spark up trade value if we don't use him and ship him out (though I'm not sure if there is a no-trade clause in his restructured contract). Ultimately, I see the Bear's giving Mitch the preference as the starter even if they are saying its' an open competition. Its' good for management to see how Mitch responds to the situation and if the presence of true competition lights a fire under him. If he can't respond, it is probably a clear sign he never had it in him to be the guy.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it’s safe to say neither of these QB’s are the future of the Bears franchise.

Other than McMahon who was constantly injured.....has there been one in the last 50 years? It's the Bears....it's what they do.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LITERALLY the only thing Long has done that has been worth a shit in 5 years is create this tweet.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Other than McMahon who was constantly injured.....has there been one in the last 50 years? It's the Bears....it's what they do.

Yep, Pace has continued to keep this failure alive.

A bears QB hasn’t played all 16 games in the past decade. Ouch!

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Kyle Long must be wrong because we all know by now that there are real no QB competitions in training camp.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kyle knows a hell of a lot more about this then we do.
1st off, he's already said he's had words put in his mouth and secondly, why? He's not even on the team and if he were, players are not getting info about the QB situation beyond what we hear. They know precisely what we do. One can say they brought in a SB winner to start. One could also say they got a guy worth a 4th to back up on an appropriately adjusted salary. Like i said, I think and hope Foles starts the season but doubt Mitch is going anywhere this year.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
1st off, he's already said he's had words put in his mouth and secondly, why? He's not even on the team and if he were, players are not getting info about the QB situation beyond what we hear. They know precisely what we do. One can say they brought in a SB winner to start. One could also say they got a guy worth a 4th to back up on an appropriately adjusted salary. Like i said, I think and hope Foles starts the season but doubt Mitch is going anywhere this year.

He is trying to backtrack now because of the blowback. He said exactly what the OP reported. I listened to the entire interview. Mitch is out! ... according to Long.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Long is on Twitter right now giving the guy who wrote that shit for twisting his words and mis quoting him
tenor.gif
@ everybody here dumping on Mitchell.
Just watch us go dumb,while watching Mitch start this season and than gets this team into the playoffs.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Am sure Long still hangs out with the boys and talk...Team has to be amped up to get a former Superbowl MVP with very low miles on the roster.

8 million cap hit is a bargain in todays QB economy.

Timing is everything. Had Foles won the MVP during his contract year he would have had multiple suitors ponying up 100+ million for his services.

Last edited: