Kyle Shannahan for....

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I know someone else put up Shannahan for Head Coach, and like a lot of you, I was NOT impressed.

BUT.

Since it stands to reason Shannahan might be fired at the end of the season, what would you think if the Bears hired a head coach, and the OC he brought in.... was Kyle Shannahan?

As bad as his head coaching career has been, his time as an OC has been that good, supposedly.

What would you guys think if Shannahan was our OC for Fields?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why would Kyle take that job?

You really think he's going to get another HC job right away?

And of the places that supposedly will have head coaching openings, who has the best prospective QB for him to pad his resume further as a QB developer and OC? Only place I can think of is if Jacksonville fires Meyer (or he leaves), and he has a shot to work with Trevor Lawrence. If that doesn't come open, why wouldn't he take the Bears as an OC?

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Back in the Lovie era, Shannahan would have been the ideal candidate to get for OC because Lovie had the head coach and defense covered and we just needed a competent OC. The situation the Bears are in now, they need a coach who can actually run an offense that is competitive for being in the top 10, someone who can teach and develop a QB like Fields, someone who can help identify and bring in some defensive talent for development as the defense is aging out as well as manage the game day decisions of personnel matchups, game flow and make adjustments on the fly. I don't think Shannahan has all these abilities which is why he will be looking for a job shortly and while he may have to relegate himself to OC, I suspect our new head coach will be an offensive minded candidate again and so I don't see a Shannahan grab happening for OC. He'd be a good pairing with someone like a Vic Fangio in Denver I bet.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I like Shanahan with Fields. If Gase got back to back opportunities, Shanahan definitely will. But he’s not getting fired this year.

Liked Posts:
SF isn't going to fire Shannahan, so this is all a moot point. Idk what it is about the 9ers but they must have the worst luck of all time when it comes to injuries.

Can't imagine any coach doing anything with a team that is constantly losing key players every week for the past couple years.

But at full strength, this is a guy that took his team to the SB with Jimmy G as their starting QB. He's still a phenomenal OC OC, that hasn't changed, even with the recent bad run of games.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
SF isn't going to fire Shannahan, so this is all a moot point. Idk what it is about the 9ers but they must have the worst luck of all time when it comes to injuries.

Can't imagine any coach doing anything with a team that is constantly losing key players every week for the past couple years.

But at full strength, this is a guy that took his team to the SB with Jimmy G as their starting QB. He's still a phenomenal OC OC, that hasn't changed, even with the recent bad run of games.
I agree. However the SB point is invalid. Nagy/Trubisky could’ve made the super bowl if Robbie Gould was still wearing blue and orange.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Kyle just signed an extension thru 2025....

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I know someone else put up Shannahan for Head Coach, and like a lot of you, I was NOT impressed.

BUT.

Since it stands to reason Shannahan might be fired at the end of the season, what would you think if the Bears hired a head coach, and the OC he brought in.... was Kyle Shannahan?

As bad as his head coaching career has been, his time as an OC has been that good, supposedly.

I'm all for having Kyle as our OC and really don't think i'd be mad with him as our HC. He's had a horrible last two years with injuries and other issues especially last year but this year as well. Losing G.Kittle, R.Mostert, J.Wilson, J.Verrett, R.Gould, J.Tartt, Dee Ford, M.Hurst, T.Lance has been in and out are just part of the players they've lost this year and now it looks like they lost J.Kinlaw for the year.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
I don't see him getting fired. They're gonna tie him to Lance

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't see him getting fired. They're gonna tie him to Lance
Nagy is technically tied to Fields. 49ers have gone downhill for a few years now

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
Nagy is technically tied to Fields. 49ers have gone downhill for a few years now

I don't think that's a fair comparison. Nagy got his guy in Mitch, then Foles, now Fields. Dalton is a footnote. Shanahan got his guy in Garappolo, and had a Super Bowl year in 2019, but Jimmy missed most of the games in his other seasons with the 9ers. With all of the injuries he's damaged goods now. I'm betting the 9ers will give Shanahan the opportunity to do with Lance what he did with Garappolo when healthy.

Nagy has proven he's a clueless twat.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't think that's a fair comparison. Nagy got his guy in Mitch, then Foles, now Fields. Dalton is a footnote. Shanahan got his guy in Garappolo, and had a Super Bowl year in 2019, but Jimmy missed most of the games in his other seasons with the 9ers. With all of the injuries he's damaged goods now. I'm betting the 9ers will give Shanahan the opportunity to do with Lance what he did with Garappolo when healthy.

Nagy has proven he's a clueless twat.

Woah, don't say good things about Shanny. CCS might come hunting you down.

The guy is one of the brightest minds in football. If he's fired from San Fran(He won't), he could get another head coaching gig easily.

The rest of the NFL knows how bad jimmy G is, even if CCS doesn't.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

BUT.

he's under contract through 2025, do you really see the 49ers eating 4yrs of money while paying a new HC? assume he's making 10 mill a season, 40 mill is a lot to pay...plus paying a new HC