Kyler Murray vs. Jalen Hurts

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
He can get better. I watched him quite a bit this last year. Beat up on inferior competition. He was really below average against good teams though. It is literally one read and go. I just can’t see how he is anything more than a backup,

greg23

Liked Posts:
He can get better. I watched him quite a bit this last year. Beat up on inferior competition. He was really below average against good teams though. It is literally one read and go. I just can’t see how he is anything more than a backup,

This

This is my point about him.....he was well below average vs NFL caliber talent every year he played.

He's a one read qb.

But hey, he's a winner!!!!

So was the midget flutie.....and a million other college QBs who didnt amount to shit in the NFL.....meaning, winning games in college is irrelevant to a NFL career

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
This

This is my point about him.....he was well below average vs NFL caliber talent every year he played.

He's a one read qb.

So was the midget flutie.....and a million other college QBs who didnt amount to shit in the NFL.....meaning, winning games in college is irrelevant to a NFL career
If winning games in college irrelevant, then losing them is also irrelevant.

I just have feeling he could be the next Lamar Jackson....

I would get behind them trying to get him involved in the game plan in his rookie year (Gadget stuff) and then giving him full reign the following year assuming he develops. And if not....you draft ANOTHER guy in 21....

I just think with 2 second round picks, we do not need to consider ourselves out of the QB race completely.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If winning games in college irrelevant, then losing them is also irrelevant.

I just have feeling he could be the next Lamar Jackson....

I would get behind them trying to get him involved in the game plan in his rookie year (Gadget stuff) and then giving him full reign the following year assuming he develops. And if not....you draft ANOTHER guy in 21....

I just think with 2 second round picks, we do not need to consider ourselves out of the QB race completely.
There is ZERO need to draft a QB early this year. Want a guy like Hurts? Draft Huntley in the mid/late rounds. Or just sign the XFL MVP PJ Walker after.

Why waste our already limited picks on a guy to develop when we can get the same player (and maybe better) for far, far less...

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
There is ZERO need to draft a QB early this year. Want a guy like Hurts? Draft Huntley in the mid/late rounds. Or just sign the XFL MVP PJ Walker after.

Why waste our already limited picks on a guy to develop when we can get the same player (and maybe better) for far, far less...
This is the mentality that has had us without a great QB since Sid Luckman...

I respect your opinion on Hurt, you just don't think he is worth the higher pick, and you could be 100% right.

But I want them to be aggressive again at getting a QB.

I see that the Ravens jump up into the bottom of the first round to get Lamar Jackson(League MVP) AND Joe Flacco (he WON a ring), I tend to believe that you have a much better chance at being successful finding your QB that way than to just sit back and take what scraps are left.....

The position is just too important, and if that is Hurt or Huntley OR a jump into the 1st at the end of the day and get Eason or Love if they drop....

Other than giving away the entire draft, I think 1st round option should not be ruled out.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
This is the mentality that has had us without a great QB since Sid Luckman...

I respect your opinion on Hurt, you just don't think he is worth the higher pick, and you could be 100% right.

But I want them to be aggressive again at getting a QB.

I see that the Ravens jump up into the bottom of the first round to get Lamar Jackson(League MVP) AND Joe Flacco (he WON a ring), I tend to believe that you have a much better chance at being successful finding your QB that way than to just sit back and take what scraps are left.....

The position is just too important, and if that is Hurt or Huntley OR a jump into the 1st at the end of the day and get Eason or Love if they drop....

Other than giving away the entire draft, I think 1st round option should not be ruled out.
We aren't going all-in on a draft QB this year. We will probably sign a decent veteran in case Trubisky continues to struggle, but they aren't completely giving up on him yet.

So if you can find that gem with a mid/late pick or an UDFA this year, then you dont have to use a legit 1st rd pick to get one next year. And if they dont develop, you draft that qb next year.

But to mortgage even more draft picks to trade up for an at best mediocre prospect this year? Just no...

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
We aren't going all-in on a draft QB this year. We will probably sign a decent veteran in case Trubisky continues to struggle, but they aren't completely giving up on him yet.

So if you can find that gem with a mid/late pick or an UDFA this year, then you dont have to use a legit 1st rd pick to get one next year. And if they dont develop, you draft that qb next year.

But to mortgage even more draft picks to trade up for an at best mediocre prospect this year? Just no...
They traded up for Trubisky, who they thought was going to be good. No one knows. You have to select one every year until you get it right. The Bears have not got it right one time and they have not used many selections on QBs. The Bears need to add a free agent QB and draft one.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

It would not surprise me if they do just that...Because to draft a first round QB means you clearly are moving on from Trubisky. And while I think that is a waste of a season, Pace, Nagy and Ownership are ultimately the one that make that call, and ego's might get exposed.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Unless one of the top 3 QBs has an Aaron Rodgers like fall it would be stupid to trade to reach for one of the others. We have too many needs. The Bears must grab a vet to supplant Trubisky when he fails and a rookie QB next year is the future. Pace really put us in a bad spot with missing on Trubisky.

Trubisky is a backup QB, he will be in the league for a while but he won't be starting.

greg23

Liked Posts:
You dont compromise current and future drafts by trading picks to move up and draft a POSITION.

I dont think Hurts will do anything in the nfl so I think any pick on him is a waste let alone trading up to take him or using one of our 2nd rounders.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This

He's a one read qb.

Ok....I'm gonna cape for Flutie. :)

Yeah he was short, but his heart was huge. He was a mobile Qb who made things happen. He had GOT the Bills to the playoffs... 1999 Wild Card game.The word came from "upstairs" to play a stiff named Rob Johnson ( cuz he was a high draft choice, had one good game).....AND the Bills blew chunks in that playoff game and lost. Johnson was awful

BTW...... Flutie left the NFL with a 38-28 record ( I'll leave out the CFL record and Grey Cup wins.)
--------------------------------

What are your thoughts on YoungPA's post >>>> #32 <<<click the link ......about your Hurts numbers?

Last edited:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears should wait for 2021 to draft a QB.