Kyler Murray vs. Jalen Hurts

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Murray has better accuracy, touch and goes through his progressions. Hurts is more of a one read then run type of guy.

For the stats Oklahoma's offence is very good, but not all production is the same.

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
......Maybe a team sees Hurts as Lamar Jackson lite...but slightly better passer? IDK.....I have heard the Chargers are interested in Hurtz, and are targeting him as a 2nd rounder/trade back into round 1 late kind of guy. Look for them to be his destination.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
......Maybe a team sees Hurts as Lamar Jackson lite...but slightly better passer? IDK.....I have heard the Chargers are interested in Hurtz, and are targeting him as a 2nd rounder/trade back into round 1 late kind of guy. Look for them to be his destination.

IMO if Chargers want Hurts, pick him then. If they trade back, they could be signaling what they are thinking.

For the record, I never have/ still not blaming Pace for trading up to pick the guy he wants; I do question his evaluation process. Get who you want and damn the grades especially from 1st-2nd round grades. Never really saw a metric on why any Player X would be 39 not 22 that I would think is reliable.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Personally, I think Jackson not only is a better runner than Hurts, but also a better passer. JMO, though.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Watson was better regarded than Hurts. Hurts is considered by some even a day 3 pick. There was some knock on Watson for accuracy but not to the extent of Hurts.
Hurts will probably go in the 2nd rd (would not be surprised if he goes late in the first rd). His stock has been rising and if I am the Bears, I am not passing up on him. He throws a really good ball, despite what some on here say. His issue is going through his progressions but he was only in Riley's system one year so he can still improve in that regard. He can do other things really well and even in his rookie year, he would be able to come in to the game in certain situations, especially on goal line (Nagy would love to use this toy). Do not pass on him Bears.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Honest question. Can someone please explain to me what the hell is the difference between these to players?

Kyler Murray
Passing Stats:
TEAM GP COMP - ATT - PCT - YDS - TDINT
OU '18
- 14 - 260 - 377 - 69% - 4,361 - 42 - 7
Rushing Stats:
TEAM - GP - ATT - YDS - TD
OU '18 - 14 - 140 - 1001 - 12

Jalen Hurts
Passing Stats:
TEAM GP COMP - ATT - PCT - YDS - TDINT
OU '19
- 14 - 237 - 340 - 70% - 3,851 - 32 - 8
Rushing Stats:
TEAM - GP - ATT - YDS - TD
OU '19 - 14 - 233 - 1,298 - 20

Both transferred to Oklahoma
Both won Big 12 Player of the year
Both are Non-Traditional pocket passers
Kyler won Heisman, Jalen was Heisman runner-up
Kyler had 10 more TD Passes, Jalen had 8 more Rush TD
Both excel at throwing the deep ball with accuracy
Both struggle with up-the-middle pressure do to size

Scouts get it wrong EVERY year. What the hell are they seeing that made Kyler Murray the No.1 pick in the draft, but are ranking Jalen Hurts as a late 2nd or 3rd round pick. I see the same player operating the same offense. Pace needs to use 43 or 50 on him, someone with some upside. Instead of trotting out Andy Dalton after the Trubisky experiment fails.

Baker Mayfield, 6′ 1″ was also a 1st round pick. Associated Press Player of the Year (2017), won a Heisman. A lot depends on where a Qb ends up, what team, what type of coaching. In the end, it comes down to whats in that Qb's heart.....will he do what it takes to improve and be a winner.

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
Im taking Chase Claypool at 43 & Jalen Hurts at 50. Then using the rest of draft picks and available cap space to bring in as many pass rushers & o-linemen as I can get my hands on. And Im perfectly fine with Deon Bush at SS.

greg23

Liked Posts:
15-31 217 1 int
16-24 120 2 td
3-8 21 benched
12-22 112 1 td
10-18 96 1 td
7-14 57
13-31 131 1 td
11-20 138 1 td
6-11 118 2 td 1 int

These are his numbers in cfp playoff games, sec title games and early season top matchups

He isnt asked to do much because he CANT do much (when it comes to passing vs elite defenses)

His ceiling is a poor man's colt mccoy.....career backup....please pass on him with both 2nd round picks otherwise we'd have not one but TWO mobile qbs who cant read the field or consistently hit wr on the move.

greg23

Liked Posts:
BPA

But if Mims is available Pace needs to grab him then the best avail cb, ot, edge

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not a big fan of Murray. Not a fan of Hurts in the 2nd, either. If we had a 3rd rd pick, then we could talk. But I'd take Huntley over Hurts if that's the route we go.

For ppl. that don't know....that's Utah QB Tyler Huntley ....the 73% passer :)

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
15-31 217 1 int
16-24 120 2 td
3-8 21 benched
12-22 112 1 td
10-18 96 1 td
7-14 57
13-31 131 1 td
11-20 138 1 td
6-11 118 2 td 1 int

These are his numbers in cfp playoff games, sec title games and early season top matchups

He isnt asked to do much because he CANT do much (when it comes to passing vs elite defenses)

His ceiling is a poor man's colt mccoy.....career backup....please pass on him with both 2nd round picks otherwise we'd have not one but TWO mobile qbs who cant read the field or consistently hit wr on the move.

In those games mentioned above....I wonder what was the final score? How many points did the "D" give up from quarter to quarter? Was Hurts under constant pressure?

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
15-31 217 1 int
16-24 120 2 td
3-8 21 benched
12-22 112 1 td
10-18 96 1 td
7-14 57
13-31 131 1 td
11-20 138 1 td
6-11 118 2 td 1 int

I find it funny that you had to pull stats from his freshman year to discredit Jalen. And mention the fact that he was benched for Tua. But fail to mention how Kyler Murray was benched for Kyle Allen.

Then, harp on Jalen being inaccurate despite being a 65% career passer over 3 college seasons. And he doesnt turn the ball over. With 80 Td passes to only 20 Int's. 4-to-1 ratio career. While leading TWO different programs to college playoffs & multiple title games.

This is starting to sound like the Deshaun Watson argument all over again. Overlook Jalen's individual stats, overlook his teams winning, overlook him being the best passer at the combine. All because he doesnt look like the Prototypical NFL QB. Thats how we ended up the Mitch. Evaluators outthink themselves.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I find it funny that you had to pull stats from his freshman year to discredit Jalen. And mention the fact that he was benched for Tua. But fail to mention how Kyler Murray was benched for Kyle Allen.

Then, harp on Jalen being inaccurate despite being a 65% career passer over 3 college seasons. And he doesnt turn the ball over. With 80 Td passes to only 20 Int's. 4-to-1 ratio career. While leading TWO different programs to college playoffs & multiple title games.

This is starting to sound like the Deshaun Watson argument all over again. Overlook Jalen's individual stats, overlook his teams winning, overlook him being the best passer at the combine. All because he doesnt look like the Prototypical NFL QB. Thats how we ended up the Mitch. Evaluators outthink themselves.
Exactly and either way, it is not like the Bears are drafting at the top of the first rd (take that chance). Don't pass on a player who can be great. No one knows but Hurts has proven he is a winner in college and can help in many different ways.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
15-31 217 1 int
16-24 120 2 td
3-8 21 benched
12-22 112 1 td
10-18 96 1 td
7-14 57
13-31 131 1 td
11-20 138 1 td
6-11 118 2 td 1 int

Thanks for putting the proper "lens" on all this! I didn't know those stats were from Hurts freshman yr.

That's why I asked greg23 those questions earlier, in order to get a better context.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Stats are one thing - but I tend to follow the opinion of those that watched more than the highlights and actually follow the player.

I have no opinion of the kid because I have not followed anything related to QBs because I honestly don't think we will take one in the draft, BUT, if we do take a QB, I hope it is a departure from the norm, and this QB sounds like he has BOOM or BUST written all over him, so shake up the QB room a little, maybe we need the change....

I'm clueless but I think I would pump my fist at a pick like this......

mbison

Liked Posts:
I feel like that was the same thing they said about Watson coming out. His accuracy will hold him back. But dude just kept winning. And we took Trubisky. While Jalen just keeps on winning, with 2 different programs. While matching the statistical output of the #1 overall pick in the 2019 draft. In a direct apples to apples comparison.

Im not at all saying Jalen should go #1. Im just saying the Bears need to take another swing and whiffing on Tru.

Im hoping and praying that the Bears take this kid and let him sit and learn for a year. After Mitch fails in the 2020 season let him take over as our starting QB in 2021. Mahomes has a bunch of raw talent but learned under Andy Reid. If Nagy is a QB guru like he claims he needs to mold this kid

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I feel like that was the same thing they said about Watson coming out. His accuracy will hold him back. But dude just kept winning. And we took Trubisky. While Jalen just keeps on winning, with 2 different programs. While matching the statistical output of the #1 overall pick in the 2019 draft. In a direct apples to apples comparison.

Im not at all saying Jalen should go #1. Im just saying the Bears need to take another swing and whiffing on Tru.
I don't remember any accuracy concerns regarding Watson coming out at all.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Stats are one thing - but I tend to follow the opinion of those that watched more than the highlights and actually follow the player.

I have no opinion of the kid because I have not followed anything related to QBs because I honestly don't think we will take one in the draft, BUT, if we do take a QB, I hope it is a departure from the norm, and this QB sounds like he has BOOM or BUST written all over him, so shake up the QB room a little, maybe we need the change....

I'm clueless but I think I would pump my fist at a pick like this......

They said BOOM or BUST about Mahomes too. Ya just never know.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
For ppl. that don't know....that's Utah QB Tyler Huntley ....the 73% passer :)

Severely underrated on this board, isn't he?

Yep That's right V-MAN. But all the credit has to go too you my friend ( you had the vision;)). You found a gem IMO. The pundits were focused on Jordan Love ( Utah St.)....but overlooked Huntley at Utah.
When u first mentioned him, I was like, never heard of him, but when I saw the 73% completion rate, I said damn that's impressive on any level. Plus he's got mobility.

And ya know, even if he goes UDFA. I'd take a flier on him and worse case develop him for a couple yrs., maybe he'd ready sooner.