Kyrie Irving stirring the pot!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Kyrie stirring the pot on restarting the league. Stating, it smells fishy like the NBA is out to get the players. Remember, this guy believes the Earth is flat.

Some others agree, but they believe it would take away from the movement going on.

Seems Lebron does not agree and wants to restart the league.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I thought it was pretty clear that players at high risk or immediate family members being at high risk do not have to play. I though we can add pussies to that list.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Lebron needs a ring to try and catch MJ. He would play if you told him every other player on the floor had Covid.

Kyrie? He is all talk all the time. Never backs up what he says.

He claims now he would "give it all up". OK. Do it. Who is going to stop you?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kyrie is rich and injured. He has nothing to lose by canceling the NBA this year. Other players live paycheck to paycheck and they have incentive to keep playing. Also you can be about the cause and play. Just because you're playing doesn't mean it will take away from the movement.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know the NBA minimum salary, but I believe "paycheck to paycheck" is a stretch, unless they're really blowing a lot of dough, in which case it is not the income that is the issue.

I did read (maybe here) that over 200 of the NBA's 450 players make $5 million per year or more.

Last I heard the NBA minumum is over half a million dollars......

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know the NBA minimum salary, but I believe "paycheck to paycheck" is a stretch, unless they're really blowing a lot of dough, in which case it is not the income that is the issue.

I did read (maybe here) that over 200 of the NBA's 450 players make $5 million per year or more.
People live a lifestyle. Paycheck to paycheck is very real in an athletes life. ESPN did a great doc on it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also consider that it's likely a large number of NBA players are probably supporting more than just themselves and their immediate families.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Lebron needs a ring to try and catch MJ. He would play if you told him every other player on the floor had Covid.

Kyrie? He is all talk all the time. Never backs up what he says.

He claims now he would "give it all up". OK. Do it. Who is going to stop you?
yeah Lebron, Davis and the lakers needs to win but Davis needs to get ready to come home soon.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
So what are the chances they dont go through with this?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So far, I have yet to see the big stars say they're not playing. As long as LeBron, Kawhi, Greek Freak don't say they don't want to play, there will be an NBA season

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I agree that Kyrie has the right push for racial inequality.

My personal thoughts on his plan is that it doesn't make sense. He wants to build a stage where players have the power to control the narrative on social issues like racial inequality.

IMHO the stage is already built and when you look at players power vs. owners AND that Adam Silver is forward thinking on these issues everything is already in place.

If anything we are at an infraction point where having a unified players association withing the NBA protest while they attract viewers will be powerful. The time is now and they already have the stage built. Just show up and be loyal to your cause.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Kyrie is overrated.
I wouldn't call him overrated. I'd say he plays a very entertaining brand of basketball that ultimately doesn't help a team win that much.

It really comes down to what you are trying to do. If you want to sell jerseys and cut up highlight vids he's your guy. He's 5X as exciting as Leonard on an off night. If you are trying to win a title Leonard is 5X better on one of his off nights.