L. Floyd? Logical explanations only

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why the fuck is he killing it on the Rams but was never able to play anywhere near this level when he was with the Bears?

Logical explanations only please.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I thought he was good without Mack, raw but good. I remember a Vikings game in ‘17 he was beating the OL every single snap.
Ever since Nagy/Mack came in he regressed for whatever reason. Fangio turned him from pass rusher to doing all kinds of shit.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rams know how to use their players, plain and simple. How many times did Floyd guard the TE in coverage today? Exactly.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Incentive driven contract?
I dont know his contract situation tho...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

How many times we going to do this?

Aaron Donald and coverage sacks. That is the easiest and most accurate answer.

Floyd has 7 sacks against Wilson who has the 3rd slowest time to throw in NFL. He has 5 in the other 14 games. He got a lot of coverage sacks from Russ.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
He's finishing this year.

He's always gotten a mediocre amount of pass rush pressures for his position. He wasn't totally inept like some dlinemen we had. He just didn't finish. He's still getting that mediocre pressure, he's just getting more sacks based upon it.

You'd see him get ole'd all the time by QB's in Chicago. He doesn't do it as much this year. Keeps contain. Guess its easier to keep contain when the QB is running to your side because aaron donald is a monster running in his face on every play.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Incentive driven contract?
I dont know his contract situation tho...
Floyd was pick that Fangio was pounding the table for, and in his first 2 years in the league he was on pace to put up numbers similar to what he put up this year on a per game basis. Personally, I thought he had a really good year in 2018 and his versatility really helped Fangio create opportunities for Mack and freed up Smith and Trevathan to blitz more. Yes, he didn't put up a lot of individual sacks, but the bears finished 3rd in sacks that year with 50. Pagano plays defense very differently. He wants 4 guys to line up and pressure the quarterback and he doesn't do much to manufacture pressure. Floyd had a terrible year under Pagano 2019 as did Mack. I think it says a lot that when Staley took over as defensive coordinator he pushed very hard to get Floyd on the team. I think Floyd will be signing a very lucrative contract before the start of next year.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
If nothing this shows Pace is a better drafter than we think and the coaching staff he hired is garbage.

I tend to agree. I think Nagy is Pace’s second biggest mistake behind Trub’s.

Shoulda hired the other KC Coordinator that had a proven winning pedigree: Dave Toub

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
"Fangio turned him from pass rusher to doing all kinds of shit. "
For the Rams he plays only one position, never see him drop in to coverage anymore.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Floyd found his vibe.
That's it. Why make it so complicated?

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aron Donald smoking out QBs is the reason why & Floyd is probably playing with a little extra motivation after being let go.

Last year Dante Flower had big success with the Rams & then signed a big deal with the Falcons.

Dante Fowler went from 11.5 sacks with Rams to 3.0 sacks with ATL(same amount as Floyd last year with Mack on the opposite side). Sounds like Floyd in reverse

Aron Donald is an edger rushers best friend. Floyd wouldn’t have played the same in Chicago.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Floyed was pretty good with flashing just not worth the money to keep. Good for him and stay away next year he'll get a monster contract from some team...

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Floyed was pretty good with flashing just not worth the money to keep. Good for him and stay away next year he'll get a monster contract from some team...
Rams got him for 10 million. Quinn has a 30 million over two years guaranteed. We easily could have kept him. Horrible move

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
"Fangio turned him from pass rusher to doing all kinds of shit. "
For the Rams he plays only one position, never see him drop in to coverage anymore.

Incorrect. He was in coverage 103 times for Rams. 126 last year for Bears.