La Canfora's claiming that the Bears are in talks with Jacksonville Jaguars about trade for Nick Foles.

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
Foles + a pick is as good as it gets for the bears, especially if Jax eats some cap hit. That would likely impact the pick. I much prefer this to Dalton

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes. The best thing for this OLine is a statue behind it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yes. The best thing for this OLine is a statue behind it.

^^^^^^
THIS

Foles .....40 Yard Dash: 5.03-5.14 seconds

Weaknesses

Mobility has been the Achilles heel for Foles and will likely continue to be exposed even more at the next level. He is solely a pocket passer and hardly ever moves the chains with his feet. He has the ability to extend, but he is not going to out-run any defenders at the next level. This can sometimes effect his set-up, as it can be uncoordinated at times, although rarely affects his actual pass. There are times when the ball can get away from him when throwing deep, and he has struggled with accuracy there. His release is sufficient but not fast by any means. His judgment with the ball is somewhat questioned, as he can be slow to get rid of the ball and scramble into trouble.

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
jason-la-canfora.jpg

jive

Liked Posts:
The Jaguars would save little from this move, and still have huge dead cap space for 2020. Foles would take up most of the cap the Bears have remaining, which means we won't have an ILB or SS to start, no upgrades at RG, TE or CB2 and no depth at OL, DL, and WR unless they are drafted or dumpster dives in free agency.

Not gonna happen as it's not worth it for either team.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2019 NFL free agency: Here's an early look at six who'll provide the most bang for the buck

By Jason LaCanfora

1. Kevin White - He needs to get out of Chicago, badly, after barely seeing the field since being drafted seventh overall in 2015. He can't stay healthy, but has world-class speed and I will always take a flier on that. The metrics that made him so attractive coming out of West Virginia should still be there. He remains raw, but should come cheap and this just smells like the kind of guy Bill Belichick would be all over.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
As someone who doesn't want them to trade for Nick Foles, this makes me feel a lot better.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is one of the few teams I hope JLC isnt bullshitting as this trade might get a mid round pick. And then hopefully they cut Foles too.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not this LaCanfora shit again. He's reaching in an attempt to remain relevant. I guess it's working if people keep following him on twitter.
You think he is trying to stay relevant by talking about a back up QB to the Bears? lol

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
too damn funny....

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Brace yourselves, this is going to happen. I honestly think this makes too much sense.

The Jags save almost 4 mil if they trade him. If they keep him, they pay him 22Mil to backup and 15Mil next year after even after they cut him. The team taking on Foles takes on 15Mil, but it would be NON guaranteed, meaning a negotiation would certainly be in order. His 2020 money is very similar to what Ryan Tannehill had before he renegotiated and bet on himself after being traded to the Titans.

The Jags also have a bunch of picks in the first 4 rounds. I think they'd be willing to give up one to get rid of Foles.

Foles has been with Nagy (KC), Lazor (PHI) and Flip (PHI and JAX). Think he'd jump at a chance to play in Chicago. The Bears get a QB familiar with their system (which seems to be big for Nagy, being that Daniel and Bray have hung around for a couple years), and can sell the fanbase on the fact they're getting a SB winning QB.

Liked for your reasoning. I would be sad though and I cannot see much celebration around Bears fandom if it happens but what the hell do I know?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I think the Bears may be feeling around the league to see if anyone really wants to strike a deal. There have been quite a few verified inquiries.

I do not believe the Bears are desperate, or will act accordingly.

There are several teams with overpaid QBs and it doesn't hurt to inquire around the league.

Probably not but Pace should be, and Nagy should also be. If he phones in another year* trying to prove he needs more from management, he is risking his career.

* - assuming he phoned in 2019 week-by-week to prove to upper management he needs a QB ... or else he sucked that bad as a game planner and a playcaller that there would be no reason to hope at all.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Just a thought guys, what if you get a pick in return? Remember the Brock Osweiller trade? If memory serves me correctly the Texans gave up Brock, a 6th that year and a 2nd the following year for a 4th from the Browns.

Would you guys do that deal if you were compensated in draft picks?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Just a thought guys, what if you get a pick in return? Remember the Brock Osweiller trade? If memory serves me correctly the Texans gave up Brock, a 6th that year and a 2nd the following year for a 4th from the Browns.

Would you guys do that deal if you were compensated in draft picks?

The Tannehill trade was: Tannehill + 2019 6th for a 2019 7th and a 2020 4th. Foles and Tannehill have/had somewhat similar contracts. Dolphins and Jags are in similar positions where all their best players want out and they have a bunch of cap nobody wants, so they can afford to eat money.

Foles has a harder contract to renegotiate/get out of, but he also has that playoff run lifting him up. And potentially has a larger trade market. So, I could see something like:

Foles + a 2020 4th from Jags for a 2020 5th (maybe a swap of 4ths) and a conditional 2021 4th from Bears

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
La Canfora is a twat of epic proportions.

A boob of monumental status

A pinnacle of pinheads

All I've been able to find on this La Canfora "Foles to the Bears" rumor is this:

“He has strong ties to the coach and he’s cheaper than Rivers. He was with (GM Chris) Ballard in KC. The Bears have some interest too, and (coach Matt Nagy) likes him, too. I think he gets traded.” - Jason La Canfora

He seems to be suggesting that Foles will be traded and throws out a few options with little conviction. I think he was implying Indy might have some interest and just kinda threw out there that Nagy likes Foles.

It's a lock. Big Dick Nick, Bears Super Bowl 2021.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If they are not sending a pick back Pace is a fucking idiot [TM Omelet].

Christ his contract is a turd and he would have to agree to some serious work on it.