Lack of deep speed makes WR 'high' need

JIMMY MAC FAN

Liked Posts:
If they do not draft Cooper or White in round #1, I hope Perriman is sitting there in second.

AussieBear

where were these ppl saying this when i was last offseason?? they added some speed with royal.. owell.....anyway

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everywhere but less important in that O.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Meh. Alshon is more of a deep threat that Marshall was and Marquess Wilson is a long body that ran a 4.51 at the combine. Add in that both Bennett and Forte can stretch the field when split out and I don't think it's a need.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lockett in the SECOND is the way I went in my mock.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
where were these ppl saying this when i was last offseason?? they added some speed with royal.. owell.....anyway

Ummm...pretty much everyone has been wanting a burner since Knox died. Where the fuck have you been?

AussieBear

Ummm...pretty much everyone has been wanting a burner since Knox died. Where the fuck have you been?

actually they would talk.... we gotz marshall, jeffery and the second coming in marcheesey in the wings.. so the bears dont need another wr.. then they gotz bennett and forte... blah blah blah.. where were you

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's not my fault your memory is deficient. If you don't believe me make a poll thread; this board -- and the old CBMB -- have been clamoring for a burner since Johnny was crippled.

buckaroo2311

Liked Posts:
How about we draft some impact players on defense so I can stop vomiting in my beer when we give up 30 points to nearly everyone. Cutler has plenty of weapons on offense.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Lack of deep speed makes WR 'high' need

Lack of a QB who can throw more than 6 yards accurately contradicts this...

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Lack of a QB who can throw more than 6 yards accurately contradicts this...

While this may sound snarky it has some truth to it. Ranking 30th on passes over 5 yards last season and always seemingly having a penchant for turnovers on the deep ball kind of hurts any deep threat opportunities.

Alshon has more than enough deep ball potential and while more speed in the group would be nice I wouldn't call it a must. The Bears can acquire a speed WR in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th to add to what is already more than enough weapons on that side of the ball.

What we need is impact defenders to help keep teams off the board so we don't have to try and win shootouts as we clearly haven't done much of that.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
While this may sound snarky it has some truth to it. Ranking 30th on passes over 5 yards last season and always seemingly having a penchant for turnovers on the deep ball kind of hurts any deep threat opportunities.

Alshon has more than enough deep ball potential and while more speed in the group would be nice I wouldn't call it a must. The Bears can acquire a speed WR in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th to add to what is already more than enough weapons on that side of the ball.

What we need is impact defenders to help keep teams off the board so we don't have to try and win shootouts as we clearly haven't done much of that.

I agree we need impact defensive players, but we can't take the Love Smith approach of ignoring the offense. Jeffery regressed a bit last year with all the drops, hoping that was due to nagging injuries. It's also hard to tell how good he'll really be without Marshall on the other side. I'd like to grab a WR at some point in the first 3 rounds with how deep this class is.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Lockett in the SECOND is the way I went in my mock.

Yeah i saw that but Perriman was still on the board so you either love Lockett or you're not to high on Perriman?