Lagunitas to open brewery in Chicago

Ymono37

Liked Posts:
Read about this yesterday - great news... especially after my last trip to Binny's had signs stating that production of Lil' Sumpin' Sumpin' would be slowed because of the problems with them keeping up demand.

While I know that doesn't mean they'll get fixed this summer - very good to know that we'll have a more direct pipeline.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
SWEEET not too far from my place either. Can't wait to take the tour.. if i'm still around in 2 years.

Ymono37

Liked Posts:
SWEEET not too far from my place either. Can't wait to take the tour.. if i'm still around in 2 years.

I don't know anything about the area - but wouldn't it be cool if they put in a brew pub, too?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I don't know anything about the area - but wouldn't it be cool if they put in a brew pub, too?
That was the first thing I scoured the article for, it doesn't look like it will happen. Very unfortunate. I don't know the douglas park area very well but I gotta imagine it's not that prime of location. They could blow it out of the park here in south loop though

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There will be a tasting room with growlers available.

"Magee said he plans to open a tasting room in the center of the new brewery that will be surrounded by tall equipment. They'll likely offer tours and sell typical brewery swag — T-shirts, keychains and the like — but, more importantly, sell the freshest Lagunitas beer Chicago has tasted, most likely in growlers."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/featu...w-brewery-in-chicago-20120410,0,4644630.story

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yeah I read that part, but that's not a brew pub, that's just basically a gift shop for after the tour.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some tasting rooms I've been to are no different than being in a bar.