Lamar "Soup" Campbell... HE GONE

napo55

Liked Posts:
And what kinda guy fires a man over the phone on vacation? The only way that's acceptable is if the guy committed a crime. Like embezzling from the company or sexual harassment or some shit.
This is true. If this is how Poles operates, time to start speculating who the next GM will be.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The owner didn’t even let the gm hire the hc he wanted. Coincidently the same thing happened when the same moron hired pace. There is nothing normal about this franchise. George has been just as bad as his brother.
What? Who did Poles want?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
What? Who did Poles want?
Hard to say he wasn’t allowed to interview anyone. George did all the interviews before even hiring poles. And on the offic bears site George in an interview said he hired the hc. But people on here act like the offic site is fake news ?‍♂️

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hard to say he wasn’t allowed to interview anyone. George did all the interviews before even hiring poles. And on the offic bears site George in an interview said he hired the hc. But people on here act like the offic site is fake news ?‍♂️
In effect, George pays everybody so...

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
How else do you fire them on vacation? Mail? Singing telegram?
Jerry reinsdorf the other garbage Chicago sports owner had a habit of firing coaches on Christmas. At least they had guarantee contracts

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uhhh

Ok

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jerry reinsdorf the other garbage Chicago sports owner had a habit of firing coaches on Christmas. At least they had guarantee contracts
Reinsdorf is the WORST. I haven't rooted for the Bulls since he tore Jordan's team apart. Fuck him.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Does this help our cap situation in 2023?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I aspire to, one day, be Director of Player Engagement. I'll put that on my CV right next to, Beverage Dissemination Officer, Patron Saint of Academic Studying, and Under Secretary to the Sub-Committee.

Was dude's job to hang out with players, and he failed?

BBBF

Liked Posts:
I aspire to, one day, be Director of Player Engagement. I'll put that on my CV right next to, Beverage Dissemination Officer, Patron Saint of Academic Studying, and Under Secretary to the Sub-Committee.

Was dude's job to hang out with players, and he failed?

He went on vacation, instead of engaging with players. He was fired immediately. This all tracks.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They did all the hc interviews before hiring the yes man poles. Spin it all you want
Those 3 were top candidates by any measure. Poles already knew Eberflus, may have already been leaning that way and got reinforcement of that decision in the interview. It was reported that the George and Polian were not allowed into the final interviews and Polian being unhappy over it. If Eberflus, Quinn or Caldwell didn't ring that bell, Poles could have insisted to reach out to others.

Is there room for doubt? Sure but I'm not calling them liars when their actions coordinate with what's reported and said. The other side of that argument is far more speculative.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And what kinda guy fires a man over the phone on vacation? The only way that's acceptable is if the guy committed a crime. Like embezzling from the company or sexual harassment or some shit.
Although soup was on the panel that hired poles, what if Poles was not soups guy, and being the person in charge of player engagement, what if soup was poisoning the waters with the player so to speak just as this new front office was trying to get things off the ground?

That's one situation where I could see this firing being completely justified.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Although soup was on the panel that hired poles, what if Poles was not soups guy, and being the person in charge of player engagement, what if soup was poisoning the waters with the player so to speak just as this new front office was trying to get things off the ground?

That's one situation where I could see this firing being completely justified.
Sounds like a conspiracy theory, fatback.

Btw, how'd you see this thread when you have OP on ignore?

Last edited: