Larry Borom will compete with Germain Ifedi at RT

jts1207

Liked Posts:
How awesome would it be to have QB, LT, and RT locked down for 4 years on rookie deals? That’s a huge opportunity.

We must sit Fields for years while OL gels though

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
@doctorbear this dude a fellow brother rice warrior. Last time Chicago had a warrior was bj Armstrong……I’m smelling championships!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
We'll see what happens. Right now we have Ifedi (who we all wanted to upgrade from) and Borom, a 5th round rookie who many thought is more of a RG than RT, competing for the starting RT spot. It would be great if Borom steps up and is actually an upgrade off the bat at RT. Right now though, we're all going into this hoping for the best moreso than expecting the best. At least that's how I see it.

napo55

Liked Posts:
It will be key to emphasize the run game to protect Dalton/Fields given the unsettled condition of the OL. Glad they brought in some new RBs.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not to worry Noogy will pick the worst player - He kept his best lineman on the bench, practice squad or out of position half the season last year...

Good thing Fields has 4.4 speed - he will need it

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't think he takes Ifedi's job this year but you never know. May sound odd but Ifedi was much better at T than G last year.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The issue with this is that Ifedi is not a starting caliber player at tackle. The seahawks drafted him with hopes he would one day develop into a tackle, and he never did. They let him go and he signed with the bears on a vet minimum deal. Borom will beat out Ifedi at some point this year. Unforuntately that means absolutely nothing as Ifedi is a trash can player.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
We'll see what happens. Right now we have Ifedi (who we all wanted to upgrade from) and Borom, a 5th round rookie who many thought is more of a RG than RT, competing for the starting RT spot. It would be great if Borom steps up and is actually an upgrade off the bat at RT. Right now though, we're all going into this hoping for the best moreso than expecting the best. At least that's how I see it.
Who thought of Borom as a guard? Posters on this board?