Last 2 Meaningless Games

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Do you want Nagy to play no starters in preseason again next year?
While I don't like the injury risk, I think whether you play starters in preseason is more about what you know about the players in their roles. This year, the general thought was the defense was almost completely the same from last year and the offense was ready to keep improving with some new players involved. We pretty much had 90% of players in the same roles as the previous year so playing in preseason probably wasn't deemed as necessary (no one predicted that our Oline performance would drop off a cliff and our TE position would be the most talent devoid of all positions). Next year, I expect we'll see more like 70% of players returning to similar roles and so that may justify starters playing in preseason to make sure the new players are what we need to turn the corner.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I think Hicks should sit, as well as any other vet with injury concerns. Toliver should play over Prince as well.
The biggest one should be Bars at RG.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Does Belichick sit his starters most of the preseason? Or is he old and out of touch with the new trendy trends?

Pretty sure he’s one of those dudes that’s got Brady out there week 17 with the 1 seed already wrapped up.

WWBD?

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the most important game of the year Imo. Lose and we get 6 months of moronic posting from the fab 5 of the board. Mitch outplays Patty and we get piece and quite. This off-season can be hell or decent and this game will determine much of that.
Win or lose the posting will be the same. Kick back and enjoy the show.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
2011 - Lovie plays Urlacher the whole game vs Vikings in week 17. Urlacher suffers a major injury, basically expediting the end of his career. Also dropped the Bears several spots in the 1st round. Bears front office proceeds to celebrate in the booth as they win a meaningless game and lose their star player to an injury. Fucking idiots.

Immediately thought of this. Wasn't it some idiot like Chris Conte or Hardin?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does Belichick sit his starters most of the preseason? Or is he old and out of touch with the new trendy trends?

Pretty sure he’s one of those dudes that’s got Brady out there week 17 with the 1 seed already wrapped up.

WWBD?

Brady played the 1st half of the third preseason game.

mecha

Liked Posts:

WWBD?

Belichick isn't a pussy and Brady is a warrior. contrary to whatever "omg flag football" narrative anyone wants to push.

I agree with the starters staying in. if you want to make comparisons to preseason it's as follows: it's a talent evaluation, if anything.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Immediately thought of this. Wasn't it some idiot like Chris Conte or Hardin?

Major Wright I believe.

Reactions: DC

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2011 - Lovie plays Urlacher the whole game vs Vikings in week 17. Urlacher suffers a major injury, basically expediting the end of his career. Also dropped the Bears several spots in the 1st round. Bears front office proceeds to celebrate in the booth as they win a meaningless game and lose their star player to an injury. Fucking idiots.
Complement of Major Wright.

Reactions: DC

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
This is the most important game of the year Imo. Lose and we get 6 months of moronic posting from the fab 5 of the board. Mitch outplays Patty and we get piece and quite. This off-season can be hell or decent and this game will determine much of that.
It doesn’t matter how the quarterbacks compare in a head-to-head game. It’s how they did against the exact same defense. We already have footage of Mitch and Mahomes vs. the Broncos and the rest of the NFC North.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
It doesn’t matter how the quarterbacks compare in a head-to-head game. It’s how they did against the exact same defense. We already have footage of Mitch and Mahomes vs. the Broncos and the rest of the NFC North.
You and I may know that but I'm talking about dealing with the fab 5 moron haters of the board. If Trubs pulls off a win or has a good game it will help in the after season board postings. A little not a lot.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You and I may know that but I'm talking about dealing with the fab 5 moron haters of the board. If Trubs pulls off a win or has a good game it will help in the after season board postings. A little not a lot.

Am I on this list? I never make CCS lists. ?

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, I have no problem with it. The goal is to keep the players healthy and it works. And as I said before it had zero effect on the season. Defense came out and allowed 10 points week one. They were ready. The offense has been bad all season. 40-70 snaps more in the preseason ain't gonna fix that.
It was important for o-line cohesion, especially when you’re switching a new player into C.

o-line biggest issue in terms of playing staff. Were underprepared & got too deep into the season to ever get going.

Perhaps in preseason you discover that switching Whitehair & Daniels isn’t a good idea, or that Long can’t do shit anymore.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It was important for o-line cohesion, especially when you’re switching a new player into C.

o-line biggest issue in terms of playing staff. Were underprepared & got too deep into the season to ever get going.

Perhaps in preseason you discover that switching Whitehair & Daniels isn’t a good idea, or that Long can’t do shit anymore.

Yeah, not buying it.

Southside

Liked Posts:
People are too damn blind to see that Mitch is actually starting to play well. I don't care if his rating was only 60 something against the Packers. He had 2 interceptions that were not his fault that without them would put it in the 80s. He has no damn run game either.

We have a big decision to make after next year on what to do with a huge investment. We need as much information going forward as possible. Not starting fucking Bray just because people hate Mitch.

Mitch Trubisky is about to appear in his 40th game today, we've seen enough. Mitch was taken as the number 1 QB and is too inaccurate, has bad footwork, and struggles reading defenses to warrant his draft position. On The book is out, what is your threshold for evaluating him? Do we have to hit the 50 games mark? We will be there soon.

Trubisky is an underdeveloped overdrafted mediocre QB who didn't show up for 3/4 the season, and has good games against subpar competition. Now that theres nothing to play for, he very well may finish with a goo stretch but that's typical of him since he doesn't show up when it matters like say....the games that matered for 3/4 the season. The next 8 quarters are garbage time, which is what he excels at so how does it "help" us evaluate him? The games wwe played prior to elimination when we couldn't score 20 are the real evaluation.

And when you say "We", who do you mean? Because the only person who needs more info is the fool who took him (Ryan Pace) the majority of "US" the fans, know Mitch's limitation. Bears fans should be rooting AGAINST Trubisky for the greater interest of the TEAM. The defense will get older every year and players will leave, if Trubisky couldn't take this year's defense to the playoffs then how will he carry us in the future as we regress even further? Have any Trubisky fans ever considered this key point?

Your priority seems to be more about Mitch's prefermance then it is on the success of the overall team. We still cant average 20 ppg. He's looked better recently because he was a NON-FACTOR for 3/4 the season. ANYTHING he does here on out is an improvement because he was a NON-FACTOR. His improvement is exagerated due to how low the standardds are that he created.

Let me ask this question again for all Trubiskites who care more about him than they do the future of the Bears:

The defense is going to regress overtime due to player movement, age, and injuries. If Trubisky cant take the CURRENT Bears to the playoffs with a defense that gives up under 20 PPG, why would you trust Trubisky to carry us in the future?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Word.

There are no meaningless games.

Players are playing for incentives/contracts. Coaches are playing for evaluation/contracts. Fans are still paying full price to see the game. NBC kept this on prime time. I still had to create an IGT.
Until recently we paid full price for preseason games

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What is the difference between these last 2 meaningless games and pre-season? It burned my ass that Nagy did not play our starters in the pre-season, and we were not ready to play to start the season off.

Well these next 2 games are as meaningless as pre-seaon, so what are the words that we will hear? Will the starters play? If they do, then what's the difference?

I think Trubisky should air it out against a pretty good team. Horrible start to the season on offense ended their season. Bears coaches and front office are going to have that on their mind.