Last Game Thread 2022

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
McCabe strikes again. Completely useless and caught flat-footed after the Hawks won the face-off on Seattle's first goal. Then De Haan gives Eberle all the time in the world to get his shot off when he was in position to contest it for the second goal. I feel sorry for you if you subjected yourself to this entire game (as I did). The Hawks had a 5-on-3 for almost a full two minutes, with an extra two minutes after that (since the second penalty was a double-minor for high sticking), and they didn't get one shot off on the 5-on-3, and obviously didn't score on the 5-on-4 afterward. They essentially lost the game right there.

Fantastic game by Lankinen, pretty much the only bright spot. Jones and Kane rang it off the post in the same shift late in the game. At this point, Jones can't buy a goal to save his life. Not only did the Hawks lose to one of the worst teams in the league last night; they lost to one of the worst teams in the league that played the night before, while they were off the last three nights. Just when you think it can't get any worse, it does.
And Murphy's new 4MX4 deal kicks in next year too. This 'rebuilding' team will again see a logjam of Jones,his brother,Murphy and McCabe taking up four spots and a SHIT TON of cap space next year.....WTF? Do they bring dis-GUS-ting back too? They play him over a rugged,younger Stillman and just about every other young D-man.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And Murphy's new 4MX4 deal kicks in next year too. This 'rebuilding' team will again see a logjam of Jones,his brother,Murphy and McCabe taking up four spots and a SHIT TON of cap space next year.....WTF? Do they bring dis-GUS-ting back too? They play him over a rugged,younger Stillman and just about every other young D-man.
Contracts are going to make this rebuild take a long time...no way you trade that Murphy contract anytime until the last year, and will probably get bent over even then trying to move it at the TDL.

Granada

Liked Posts:
And let's not forget Tyler Johnson's contract, gents. Him, Murph, and especially McCabe will be all but impossible to move without a substantial sweetner. Maybe with the exception of Murphy (again, maybe; the guy at least has some leadership skills and will drop the gloves for team mates) these guys are completely useless on a rebuilding team. As far as Guss goes, I can't believe Davidson and the org would be that stupid to bring him back.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bowman was such a fucking tool. The best thing about him is that he was so bad that no one in the NHL with half a brain will ever hire him again. I was just looking over the numbers at Cap Friendly.....thanks to dipshit's brilliant moves the Hawks have $13.4 mill tied up in three bad to mediocre players for the next two years and $8.4 mill for the next three. Now Murphy is way overpaid for what he provides but with a stronger group, he could work as a 5 or 6 dman. But McCabe....I mean this is Seabrook all over again. At least Seabs was a player before he got paid. McCabe is as useless as DeHaan and they are paying him $4 mill for the next 3 seasons and he's never added anything to the mix. DeHaan thankfully should be gone along with Gus, Caleb and at least one of the goalies. A new coach is probably in store as well. I'm guessing they resign Strome since he's probably the best center they have now. Where do they go with Kuby....is he the 30 goal guy or the guy we saw this year? It's going to be a rough one next year no doubt but hopefully there will be more younger faces at the UC which makes the losing a bit easier to digest.

Granada

Liked Posts:
After last night, I'm pretty sold on the fact that Lankinen is not a legitimate starting goalie in this league. He's inconsistent on a game-by-game basis, will be 27 in a couple weeks and is still a rebound machine -- really nice kid, but it's time to cut losses and move on. This really blows because it's just another position Davidson will somehow have to fill, considering there is really nobody in our system at all with maybe the exception of Soderblom, and I wouldn't call him "special." We are pretty much bone-thin at the goalie position now.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And let's not forget Tyler Johnson's contract, gents. Him, Murph, and especially McCabe will be all but impossible to move without a substantial sweetner. Maybe with the exception of Murphy (again, maybe; the guy at least has some leadership skills and will drop the gloves for team mates) these guys are completely useless on a rebuilding team. As far as Guss goes, I can't believe Davidson and the org would be that stupid to bring him back.
Don't forget the richest man in Rockford, Brent 'Buyout' Connolly!LOL! DUMBASS thought he'd be the smartest dumb guy in the room one last time when he got the guys Q stopped using,he said failed Borgstrom was a NCAA phenom. Q smelled a rat with this kid and Q's got a good nose but DUMBASS ate all of Connolly's 3.5MX2 deal to get him instead of a good pick or two. Q also knew how little Connolly helping the Caps win a cup mattered if he no longer has NHL speed,which he doesn't if he can't play for this 'open sewer' of a team.

Murph's okay but NOT @4.4MX4 which starts next year @29 and surer than shit.......DUMBASS had to include a M-NTC!

Is McCabe worth half that 4M.....seriously?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bowman was such a fucking tool. The best thing about him is that he was so bad that no one in the NHL with half a brain will ever hire him again. I was just looking over the numbers at Cap Friendly.....thanks to dipshit's brilliant moves the Hawks have $13.4 mill tied up in three bad to mediocre players for the next two years and $8.4 mill for the next three. Now Murphy is way overpaid for what he provides but with a stronger group, he could work as a 5 or 6 dman. But McCabe....I mean this is Seabrook all over again. At least Seabs was a player before he got paid. McCabe is as useless as DeHaan and they are paying him $4 mill for the next 3 seasons and he's never added anything to the mix. DeHaan thankfully should be gone along with Gus, Caleb and at least one of the goalies. A new coach is probably in store as well. I'm guessing they resign Strome since he's probably the best center they have now. Where do they go with Kuby....is he the 30 goal guy or the guy we saw this year? It's going to be a rough one next year no doubt but hopefully there will be more younger faces at the UC which makes the losing a bit easier to digest.
DUMBASS is DUMBASS because he NEVER learned from his countless mistakes!

Seth Jones is a very good D-man who eats big minutes and will post 50pts plus on a real bad team BUT DUMBASS still found a way to make his deal an absolute stinker. He'll turn 28 just as his eight year,9.5M,full NMC deal kicks in and wait for it.........just like Seabs' deal,it pays Jones 5M a year in BONUSES, making a buyout in it's later years all but worthless. FIVE NILLION of his $$$ will come in bonus form.....WHY?

Seth Jones also broke into the league full time @19,so he'll have around 1.000 games on the odometer @32 with four years left of this stinker with full NMC and a bonus structure that'll possibly make it worse than Seabs' deal and this team can no longer afford sweetener to move guys.....not a drop!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Call me a bloody ray of fucking sunshine here, but all of those deals were done on the Beancounter's watch, not Davidson's.

The test for Davidson/McI will be to ensure that they aren't signing pointless waste to long-term deals. So the onus is really on them to see if they are adsorbing LSD rectally enough to resign Gus or DeHaan, since they're both as worthless as a cock-flavored lollipop.

Unfortunately he also inherited a shit-tonne of contracts which will handcuff the 'hawks for a long time.

To be honest, since the 'hawks aren't really going anywhere fast I would not be surprised if there are buyouts in the offseason to rid us of some boatachnor deals. The only player who is *really* looking at a veritable payday is Debrincat (aside from Jones' preexisting payday). Without any up-and-coming assets who will need a big payment I could see buyouts happening to try and undo Bowman the Lesser's damage. Most of the guys like Johnson, Connely, and McCabe would have cap disadvantages after their contracts are up at less than 2m/yr. Since the 'hawks are not going anywhere anytime soon I could see that as a possibility.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
DUMBASS is DUMBASS because he NEVER learned from his countless mistakes!

Seth Jones is a very good D-man who eats big minutes and will post 50pts plus on a real bad team BUT DUMBASS still found a way to make his deal an absolute stinker. He'll turn 28 just as his eight year,9.5M,full NMC deal kicks in and wait for it.........just like Seabs' deal,it pays Jones 5M a year in BONUSES, making a buyout in it's later years all but worthless. FIVE NILLION of his $$$ will come in bonus form.....WHY?

Seth Jones also broke into the league full time @19,so he'll have around 1.000 games on the odometer @32 with four years left of this stinker with full NMC and a bonus structure that'll possibly make it worse than Seabs' deal and this team can no longer afford sweetener to move guys.....not a drop!
Well, I do think Seth’s game translates better then Seabrooks did in the long run.

Seth is an elite talent. And his skating in 10 times better then Seabrooks while Seabs had 10 times the heart Seth has.

The contract is awful for this team. But I see Seth being serviceable thru most of it before falling off a cliff. I think he’s great then boom one year he’s garbage. Unlike Seabs who had a slow decline into landfill territory. The second Seth’s skating goes down the tubes he becomes a liability where as Seabrook was still willing to battle in corners and around the net.