Last Game Thread 2022

Bust

Liked Posts:
Lankinin allowed four 3rd period goals, with a Dach assist on #4, screening his netminder and deflecting in the VGK shot from the blue line. Every one of Dach's 3rd period shifts seemed to be played in the Hawks' end and he barely touched the puck. For the game: zero points and minus 2.

Dach scored his last goal on 2/25, lol

Since that goal his recent 30 day total is zero goals and 2 assists. He's a 3rd overall bust.

Look at his game logs, he's been a no show for pretty much the whole season, lol way to go Mark Kelley!

Last edited:

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Dach scored his last goal on 2/25, lol

Since that goal his recent 30 day total is zero goals and 2 assists. He's a 3rd overall bust.

Look at his game logs, he's been a no show for pretty much the whole season, lol way to go Mark Kelley!
While Seider looks like a future Norris trophy winner.

Kelly has done more to ruin this team then Blowman. There’s no defending the Dach pick any more the kid is a complete bust.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At least Kane.D-Cat,Strome and JT still make the games worth watching,the rest is either a question mark or an answer we don't want to hear.

The next game Dach plays will equal his rookie total of games played with the same 8 goals and 23 points he mustered as a rook with more pims and an even worse FO% than his rookie season. I know the kid had injuries but this has been a healthy campaign.......his lack of development and improvement is startling compared to the other big-framed players taken after him.

I still see giving him another full season before a full assessment can be made but what should his expectations be in a season that sees him turn 22?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At least Kane.D-Cat,Strome and JT still make the games worth watching,the rest is either a question mark or an answer we don't want to hear.

The next game Dach plays will equal his rookie total of games played with the same 8 goals and 23 points he mustered as a rook with more pims and an even worse FO% than his rookie season. I know the kid had injuries but this has been a healthy campaign.......his lack of development and improvement is startling compared to the other big-framed players taken after him.

I still see giving him another full season before a full assessment can be made but what should his expectations be in a season that sees him turn 22?
Yeah, I agree. Not all players mature at the same pace....some jump up right from the gitgo, others are late bloomers. We've seen Strome make some significant improvement at the dot....who's to say Dach won't do the same? The one thing that bothers me most about Dach is the fact that he works hard to get in position but fails time and time again to finish. He's had enough chances to have had a decent season.

Orestes

Liked Posts:

To start with, a modest increase in scoring. Strome averaged about .75 points per game for two straight seasons at age 21-22. Dach is at half that rate this season, .37 ppg, so he must improve to at least .50 ppg next season.

Aside from scoring, Dach should at least start to pass the eye test, that a casual fan can see him having an impact. He should use his physique more, to battle for and win pucks, or shadow and help neutralize opponents' top lines, thereby creating more opportunities for Hawks top lines.

He'll have to have the legs to keep up with star players. I don't know what the skating measures are or if they drafted him for speed. He's at about minus 11 since Jan. 21st, so he's not in top shape or he's having a crisis of confidence or the coach is matching him up differently as they play out the string.

Bust

Liked Posts:
While Seider looks like a future Norris trophy winner.

Kelly has done more to ruin this team then Blowman. There’s no defending the Dach pick any more the kid is a complete bust.

Dach is going on 22 so he has that going for him. That being said Kelley and Bowman went with Dach cause he was deemed most nhl ready with big body. He may find that one year when he puts up 15 goals but it's all about timing. Got to have multiple guys clicking at the same time <preferably when kane is still producing at a high level> is when the hawks will be good again.

Best example is the Cubs with Craig Kimbrel. He had a great year this past season but they needed the 2021 Kimbrel 2 years prior . . .

. . . stead they got this during the stretch run, lol

Last edited:

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The thing that troubles me is Dach looks the same as he did in high school? Hit the fucking weights

KBIB

Liked Posts:

If he can put up 20 goals consistently while providing a solid two way game I don’t think that’s too much to ask for a top three pick.

Can he do it? Who knows. The NHL draft has become nothing but a hype farm in this age of social media that most scouts do nothing but stat watch and watch YouTube clips. No sport has fallen off in player evaluating as much as hockey.

Take Dachs draft. Hughes is finally starting to look like a first overall but the stat guys have been preaching his underlying numbers since day one. I’m not drafting that high for corsi, I want results on the score sheet.

And if the rumors are true that the choose was Dach or Zegras, who gave them his hero worship of Kane during his interview and they still took Dach. Kelly should have been fired on the spot passing up that much skill for the “nhl ready “ sized guy.

I want to see just how much of Kelly’s draftee’s stay with this team now that Davidson is running it. I’m betting not a lot.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
The thing that troubles me is Dach looks the same as he did in high school? Hit the fucking weights
Dach was on another level right before he broke his wrist. I will give him credit that during that juniors tournament he was head and shoulders the best player on the ice.

Part of me thinks it’s a confidence thing and that he’s intimidated. This is the only guy I know of who fucked up playing on a line with Kane. Even Zeus was working his ass off to stay on that line back in the day.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Lankinin allowed four 3rd period goals, with a Dach assist on #4, screening his netminder and deflecting in the VGK shot from the blue line. Every one of Dach's 3rd period shifts seemed to be played in the Hawks' end and he barely touched the puck. For the game: zero points and minus 2.
I've been a big supporter of Dach, but it's hard to argue your point now. I will say this: moving him to wing was the worst thing they could have done to him, I said it then and I'm saying it now. Completely shattered his confidence. The idea was to take pressure off him, and it did the exact opposite. At least he was getting Grade A chances at center.

That said, I'm fine with qualifying him for one more year, although I don't know what he'll command salary-wise; he's RFA this off-season. It'll be really interesting to see what Davidson does. Does he move him this off-season when there's at least some value for him left, or does he potentially risk his value going down for a year?

Granada

Liked Posts:

Him breaking at wrist at Juniors certainly didn't and won't help in the future with regard to faceoffs. Should have never been allowed to play in that, not only from his own camp but Bowman as well.

I agree, I'd give him one more year.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Stupid question but does NHL have a big combine pre draft? Or pro days like other sports? I don't remember hearing about them?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think they qualify him on a "Show Me" deal. That should give him enough rope to either pull himself out of the quagmire he's in, or hang himself if he can't.

Going into this summer if he's re-signed, He needs to spend time in the weight room and time surgically grafted to Yannik Perrault.
Dach is going on 22 so he has that going for him. That being said Kelley and Bowman went with Dach cause he was deemed most nhl ready with big body. He may find that one year when he puts up 15 goals but it's all about timing. Got to have multiple guys clicking at the same time <preferably when kane is still producing at a high level> is when the hawks will be good again.

Best example is the Cubs with Craig Kimbrel. He had a great year this past season but they needed the 2021 Kimbrel 2 years prior . . .

. . . stead they got this during the stretch run, lol
That is where Bowman the Beancounter and Kelly failed massively.

Bowman the Lesser and Kelley seemed to want a guy *now* (rather back then), and were banking on Dach becoming the next Toews--to come in and just be that good; they failed to realize Toews had a year in college before hitting NHL ice. Breaking into the pros at such a young age is kinda rare. They rushed his development completely and we're seeing the effects of that.

Had we had someone at the helm who was actually knowledgeable about hockey, maybe Dach would be more like Toews and would have been developed properly and less like Cam Barker.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Last night had to be one of the most pathetic displays by an NHL team I've ever seen. I honestly can't remember ever seeing a team this fragile in my life. They fold like a cheap suit at even the slightest hint of adversity in a game, it'd be impressive if it wasn't so pathetic.

Lankinen was an utter rebound machine last night. Nice kid, really like his attitude, but I think he's done with this team at least. He just doesn't have it mentally. A completely frantic performance by him last night. I can't blame him entirely -- it's pretty hard to not be a basket case in net when your defense is completely useless -- but at the end of the day, the guy simply doesn't have the stomach. He had a chance to cover the puck before Buffalo scored the GTG (5th goal) and he was swimming on the GWG, among other errors. He'll be 27 this April, at this point, he is what he is. I've said it plenty times already: he's no starting goalie.

Speaking of frantic, you can say that about the whole team. Watching this team in their own zone is like watching a bunch of kids trying to catch a rabbit in your backyard, it's a fucking disgrace. They can't exit the zone; they can't clog up lanes with their sticks; they can't block shots; they can't stick to their assignments. They looked as bad as they ever did under Colliton last night.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I think they qualify him on a "Show Me" deal. That should give him enough rope to either pull himself out of the quagmire he's in, or hang himself if he can't.

Going into this summer if he's re-signed, He needs to spend time in the weight room and time surgically grafted to Yannik Perrault.

That is where Bowman the Beancounter and Kelly failed massively.

Bowman the Lesser and Kelley seemed to want a guy *now* (rather back then), and were banking on Dach becoming the next Toews--to come in and just be that good; they failed to realize Toews had a year in college before hitting NHL ice. Breaking into the pros at such a young age is kinda rare. They rushed his development completely and we're seeing the effects of that.

Had we had someone at the helm who was actually knowledgeable about hockey, maybe Dach would be more like Toews and would have been developed properly and less like Cam Barker.
I agree with this.

I seem to recall the red wings keeping kids in juniors and the minors until they were a finished product and wish the Hawks would do that instead of rushing kids into the bigs.

I never understood the logic of it. Develop these kids. Dach could have used another year in juniors along with a year in the A., then have them earn a spot on the Hawks. Who gives a flying fuck if the kid isn’t ready until he’s 22/23? At that age he will have filled out and hopefully have some good habits so he never goes back.

Hell, let these kids stay a month in Rockford. I swear one month is all it will take for them to comprehend they sure as shit don’t want to be there and will be doing everything possible to stay in Chicago.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
No doubt BH need a different goalie, and imo Dahlia isn't the answer either.........I need some feed back on this pIease .........is McCabe (sp) as terrible as I think? Or is it me? Because I flat out hate him!

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
I think Dach has a confidence issue. He actually looked great the first few weeks of the season skating around guys, showing great hands, but just couldnt score. The last few months he has been barely noticeable.

Granada

Liked Posts:
No doubt BH need a different goalie, and imo Dahlia isn't the answer either.........I need some feed back on this pIease .........is McCabe (sp) as terrible as I think? Or is it me? Because I flat out hate him!
You are 100% correct. McCabe is and has been atrocious from the minute he put on a Hawks uniform. I never in a million years thought he'd be this bad.