Latest rumor from DaBearsBlog

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
I would trade up for lance, he has special skills. I wouldnt trade up for fields, though if they did, i would find a way to get behind it. For Wilson, also a no brainer, no way for mac jones. Would rather take Davis Mills in the second than mac jones at 20 even.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
My thoughts on the Bears QB rumors:

giphy.gif

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I think there is very little chance the staff is changed. They will draft a QB and the Bears will finish close to 8-9 or 9-8. Expect 1-2 year extensions for both Pace and Nagy to see how the new QB works out. Rooting for a losing season to try and get the staff changed is not a good plan. You think ownership will pick someone better than Pace? Look at the last 3 choices before him. Until the team is sold this staff is fine.

I would never root for this team to lose. I didn't last year, was happy when we made the playoffs, and will always root for wins, but after too many decades of watching it, and seeing Nagy do what he does, I'm just expecting it for this year.

I expect them to draft a Qb. I just don't want them to use more resources on it.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
I ask myself, "What is the best way to screw the Bears for the next decade?" The answer is giving Pace another top 5 pick while giving away future 1st round draft choices. Obviously, they're going to do it.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I know I'm in the minority, but I think you take maybe 2 later QB* picks and see how things shake out. Maybe someone else you like will get cut or stashed on a practice squad.

The high picks have too much boom or bust potential for all the draft capital. Every dude is different I get it, but tell me an OSU QB worth a damn since the spread offense infected the NCAA? Mac Jones is already unathletic and strikes me as having high bust potential. Lance is sure intriguing, but the capital it would take to get there is better spent elsewhere.

These draft picks are just like house-shopping, you shouldn't fall in love with your dream house when you can't afford it and have *no* chance at getting it. Think about it this way, we all knew studs like Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck would be talented NFL players, but that's roll of the draft each year - unless you're at 1 you'd be hard pressed to afford that much mortgaging to get the house's keys.

The problem with free agency is equally troublesome, see Teddy Bridgewater. How many folks were willing to mortgage the future to grab him last year? Yes, we overpaid for Dalton, but he's just a bridge anyways. Let us all hope we never see Tyler Bray again.

Rebuild the OTs, get WRs, CBs or some pass-rushers. Pick the QBs as per the best scout internals. Why else do you have scouts rankings if you're going to ignore them?

*I'm still a fan of Ian Book, since I've seen him in-person a plenty. The guy will surprise some folks.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
All the media's sources seem about certain that Mac Jones in the 49ers pick at #3.

But if that weren't the case I'd be content with moving up for him. He is the #2 QB in this draft to me.

I like Lance and I think his ceiling is really high...high enough to warrant a #4 pick. But he is certainly more of a risk in that he doesn't have a ton of tape and not a large enough resume.

No thank you to Fields. He is athletic, but seems robotic as a QB. Good for Ryan Day and Ohio State who out athletes everyone they play against, but not sure he has the instincts to make it in the NFL. He has the physical tools, just a big risk to me. Sure I'd take him at #20. But not betting the farm. Heck I personally like the prospects of Kyle Trask more than him to be honest.

It might sound crazy to some, but I would be fine with trading up for Jamar Chase. He is a legit wide receiver and will be on a rookie salary. Partner him up with ARob and our offense is formidable despite the QB.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Per NFL.com

• The Chicago Bears re-signed defensive back Michael Joseph to a one-year contract. The former undrafted free agent missed all of last season while on injured reserve and the reserve/COVID-19 list.
SB BABY! No, but in all seriousness more depth/ competition needed for the secondary

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trading up to #4 means you are using three 1st round picks on the fourth QB off the board. Are Lance and Jones worth that price tag? Fields probably is imo.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Trading up to #4 means you are using three 1st round picks on the fourth QB off the board. Are Lance and Jones worth that price tag? Fields probably is imo.

I don't think any of them are. Only way I make that move is if somehow miraculously Wilson slides to four

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
Do not trade up. Pick OT in first, QB in the 2nd. Evaluate him this year. Chances are Bears will be in better position in draft next year, so draft a QB in 1st round next year. You would then have decent depth at QB next year and may have trade capital in 2023.

Heck, Pace said to draft a QB each year anyway!

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
If either Fields or Lance was miraculously there when the Chargers pick then I think you move, otherwise stand pat.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Says Bears really want the 4th pick....weeks ago, McCaskey did not want them to mortgage future 1sts for flip coin qb but would for a elite vet qb ( RWilson)...but this may have changed in recent days.

Also says Falcons GM Fontenot & Pace are best friends, not that a trade is going to happen but Bears are very interested.
Oops my bad...didn't see this

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Says Bears really want the 4th pick....weeks ago, McCaskey did not want them to mortgage future 1sts for flip coin qb but would for a elite vet qb ( RWilson)...but this may have changed in recent days.

Also says Falcons GM Fontenot & Pace are best friends, not that a trade is going to happen but Bears are very interested.

Pace is going to draft another bust after trading another 3 years of picks away. Why TF was he not canned?

He's already set us back one decade, why not make it two?

OrnerySlightBull-small.gif

Visionman

Liked Posts:
There's not a chance in hell that Fields is going to be better than his Netflix Co-star and next Lincoln Riley masterpiece Spencer Rattler.

With the way we are going to be this year with Nagy calling plays and the 3rd hardest schedule, we have a real chance at Rattler. Fuck this staff. I don't want them trading up for shit.
You must be hoping for a ton of key players to have season ending injuries then. It’s the only way we get the top pick...

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You can’t let Pace trade future firsts. What gives anyone the slightest bit of confidence Pace would make the right pick?
Really hope George has the nuts to tell Pace he can't move up. I would hope they discussed this shit in the year end interview aka wtf is your plan Ryan? I'm sure that was all skipped over though because the McCaskey's are absolutely worthless.