Latest rumor from DaBearsBlog

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Says Bears really want the 4th pick....weeks ago, McCaskey did not want them to mortgage future 1sts for flip coin qb but would for a elite vet qb ( RWilson)...but this may have changed in recent days.

Also says Falcons GM Fontenot & Pace are best friends, not that a trade is going to happen but Bears are very interested.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If it’s for Justin Fields and they come out of it with their 3rd round pick on this year, I could live with it.

I realize future 1st rounders will be involved but Fields is worth it. Grab Walker Little or the best WR in the third and take an opt out corner or the best WR in the 5th.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For Fields imo it’s worth it. For Jones no thanks.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Falcons will want Mack in that trade. They want one last run to the SB with Ryan & Jones

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Falcons will want Mack in that traded. They want one last run to the SB with Ryan & Jones
I can’t believe they’re still trying to keep the band together.. Jones still has trade value. Ryan is the 5th highest paid QB this year, and has a 48m cap hit next year.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If it’s for Justin Fields and they come out of it with their 3rd round pick on this year, I could live with it.

I realize future 1st rounders will be involved but Fields is worth it. Grab Walker Little or the best WR in the third and take an opt out corner or the best WR in the 5th.

There's not a chance in hell that Fields is going to be better than his Netflix Co-star and next Lincoln Riley masterpiece Spencer Rattler.

With the way we are going to be this year with Nagy calling plays and the 3rd hardest schedule, we have a real chance at Rattler. Fuck this staff. I don't want them trading up for shit.

(edit: Talk about posts that didn't age well!)

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Like was said, it makes sense. They aren't going to go into the season with Dalton and a midround pick in the QB room. I still think they go for a young veteran to pair with Dalton (though I thought they would be interested in Darnold too).

The interesting thing here is I don't even really think they need to trade to 4. If the 49ers take Fields, then I'd probably take my chances that Lance or Jones fall past the Lions at 7, and I'd target the 8th pick in front of the Broncos. If the 49ers don't take Fields at 3, then Fields may free fall a bit and still be there at 8.

I also think it's VERY important for the Bears to try to keep at least 1 of their day 2 picks, preferably both. QB obviously is the most important position in the world, but the Bears really need help at CB, WR (if miller is gone), and OT (though this is the position that probably gets tossed aside for the other 3). Also, the Falcons need just about everything on defense. I could see them being interested in Roquan or Nichols (don't have the cap space for a bigger salary).

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Honestly not a fan of the talent at #20. The depth in this draft class doesn't impress me. The lack oof games due to Covid probably had alot to do with it.

I'm all for moving up. This staff did go to NDSU pro day they may be eyeing Lance

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Honestly not a fan of the talent at #20. The depth in this draft class doesn't impress me. The lack oof games due to Covid probably had alot to do with it.

I'm all for moving up. This staff did go to NDSU pro day they may be eyeing Lance

I'm only against moving up if it costs us anything from next year's draft. I want as clean a break from this failure as possible, with as many resources as possible available for the next regime.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

You are right. Unless a talent like Darrisaw or Smith magically falls to 20. I agree to move up. To move to 4, only Fields, Wilson, and Lawrence are worth it. I would trade up for Jones if he falls to 10. I wouldn’t choose Lance, too much of a project. Bears staff can’t wait 3 years like Buffalo if QB pans out.

I would rather trade down from 20 and collect picks. Lots of talent can be had with similar grades on 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th round.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
I'm only against moving up if it costs us anything from next year's draft. I want as clean a break from this failure as possible, with as many resources as possible available for the next regime.
I think there is very little chance the staff is changed. They will draft a QB and the Bears will finish close to 8-9 or 9-8. Expect 1-2 year extensions for both Pace and Nagy to see how the new QB works out. Rooting for a losing season to try and get the staff changed is not a good plan. You think ownership will pick someone better than Pace? Look at the last 3 choices before him. Until the team is sold this staff is fine.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i really hope the bears dont trade up to 4...i'm not a fan of fields or lance...jones i think is going to the 49ers at 3...
from what i've seen of fields he has crazy physical attributes but his pocket awareness is pretty bad and also seems like he's half step/one step slow in processing the coverage to make the right throw, there have been times where he still gets the completion but those same throws would be int's or pbu's at the nfl level.