Latest rumor from DaBearsBlog

Perspective

Liked Posts:
No one thinks Pace may trade up for Lance ? Dalton is starting this year anyways .... he will get to sit 10 games and once (with this brutal schedule and no other draft talent possible with trade up) Bears are 2-8 or so they will start Lance

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
No one thinks Pace may trade up for Lance ? Dalton is starting this year anyways .... he will get to sit 10 games and once (with this brutal schedule and no other draft talent possible with trade up) Bears are 2-8 or so they will start Lance
Nagy and Pace would be fired if they were under .500 this year. Lance won't help this year. Fields possibly can.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Really hope George has the nuts to tell Pace he can't move up. I would hope they discussed this shit in the year end interview aka wtf is your plan Ryan? I'm sure that was all skipped over though because the McCaskey's are absolutely worthless.
Why keep Pace only to hamstring him? Makes no sense. If you don’t trust him, you fire him. If you trust him (they said they do) you allow him to do his job as he sees fit.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why keep Pace only to hamstring him? Makes no sense. If you don’t trust him, you fire him. If you trust him (they said they do) you allow him to do his job as he sees fit.
I totally agree, but based on the 'rumor' George doesn't want to trade future 1st's for a 'flip coin' QB. What does that say?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I totally agree, but based on the 'rumor' George doesn't want to trade future 1st's for a 'flip coin' QB. What does that say?
I see your point, but really all draft picks are projections and carry risk. I’m not saying Pace should be allowed to trade the future to move up for a TE, but if say Jones, Fields or Lance fall, what’s the point in keeping him if he can’t do what it takes to fix the position?

Say they pick mid round next year, they’d have to trade up for a QB anyway. If Pace is really that boxed in as to what he can or cannot do to try to improve the team, he should have been fired the day after last season ended.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I see your point, but really all draft picks are projections and carry risk. I’m not saying Pace should be allowed to trade the future to move up for a TE, but if say Jones, Fields or Lance fall, what’s the point in keeping him if he can’t do what it takes to fix the position?

Say they pick mid round next year, they’d have to trade up for a QB anyway. If Pace is really that boxed in as to what he can or cannot do to try to improve the team, he should have been fired the day after last season ended.
Pretty much everyone thought Pace/Nagy should have been fired except the people in power to actually do it. Then there is all this speculation and secrecy surrounding Pace's contract. Idk what to think anymore. I agree though, if McCaskey's were committed to Pace, they shouldn't hamstring him, but I get the hesitation from ownership to give up future firsts. Pace signed Glennon, didnt' work. Drafted Trubisky, didn't work. Traded for Foles, didn't work. And has now asked ownership to sign Dalton well above market value. Why should they allow him to give up a bunch of picks for the 4th best QB?

I would hope they discussed this and Pace had a plan going into the offseason that didn't include trading up into the top 5. That's why the McCaskey's could say fuck off, figure it out. That's not the strategy you presented.

Personally, if Fields is there at 4 on draft day, I wouldn't be upset if they made the move. If it's for Mac Jones, then meh.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
You must be hoping for a ton of key players to have season ending injuries then. It’s the only way we get the top pick...

Uh, no.

I don’t get where you’re getting that I am hoping the bears lose games, have players injured, and for the staff to get fired.

I am hoping we win, just like I hope the best for all things. Now, having said that, the reality is that we have too cute hello kitty psych ‘em out 9th dimensional chess playing Nagy whose go-to move was Cohen up the middle on 3rd and short because the other team’s never gonna see it coming. Also, did you see him try to implement stone hands from KC into the offense. That knucklehead’s helping Mr. got fleeced for Trubs pick the Qb! No really, the dude didn’t even bother after he got all spangle-eyes over a Camry. I fucking can’t.

The third hardest schedule and Nagy calling plays. The only way we get to .500 is if we get some playmakers this year. I mean, you do know that Nagy’s calling plays again, and we all know how well he did that *cough* Cohen up the middle!

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Pretty much everyone thought Pace/Nagy should have been fired except the people in power to actually do it. Then there is all this speculation and secrecy surrounding Pace's contract. Idk what to think anymore. I agree though, if McCaskey's were committed to Pace, they shouldn't hamstring him, but I get the hesitation from ownership to give up future firsts. Pace signed Glennon, didnt' work. Drafted Trubisky, didn't work. Traded for Foles, didn't work. And has now asked ownership to sign Dalton well above market value. Why should they allow him to give up a bunch of picks for the 4th best QB?

I would hope they discussed this and Pace had a plan going into the offseason that didn't include trading up into the top 5. That's why the McCaskey's could say fuck off, figure it out. That's not the strategy you presented.

Personally, if Fields is there at 4 on draft day, I wouldn't be upset if they made the move. If it's for Mac Jones, then meh.
I get it. It is hard to trust Pace with the QB position. He guesses wrong and overpays to top it off. Personally, I have a feeling Dalton will perform better than many expect, similar to Graham. I hope they go OT in the first, CB in the second, and do the trade up to get Davis Mills in the 2nd or 3rd.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I get it. It is hard to trust Pace with the QB position. He guesses wrong and overpays to top it off. Personally, I have a feeling Dalton will perform better than many expect, similar to Graham. I hope they go OT in the first, CB in the second, and do the trade up to get Davis Mills in the 2nd or 3rd.
I'm with you there. Long term, I think that's the best move for the Bears. FIll some holes in this draft, ride it out with Dalton and use ammo next year for a QB

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Uh, no.

I don’t get where you’re getting that I am hoping the bears lose games, have players injured, and for the staff to get fired.

I am hoping we win, just like I hope the best for all things. Now, having said that, the reality is that we have too cute hello kitty psych ‘em out 9th dimensional chess playing Nagy whose go-to move was Cohen up the middle on 3rd and short because the other team’s never gonna see it coming. Also, did you see him try to implement stone hands from KC into the offense. That knucklehead’s helping Mr. got fleeced for Trubs pick the Qb! No really, the dude didn’t even bother after he got all spangle-eyes over a Camry. I fucking can’t.

The third hardest schedule and Nagy calling plays. The only way we get to .500 is if we get some playmakers this year. I mean, you do know that Nagy’s calling plays again, and we all know how well he did that *cough* Cohen up the middle!
Uh, no.

I have no Love for Pace and Nagy, but I don’t agree with the whole ‘Pace got fleeced by Lynch’ narrative. At least Pace took a swing at QB. He missed. Happens all of the time. More so than usual on the Bears. What did Lynch do? Solomon Thomas-bust. Reuben Foster-headcase. QB?? Massive overpay for always hurt Jimmy G. He did hit on Kittle tho.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no Love for Pace and Nagy, but I don’t agree with the whole ‘Pace got fleeced by Lynch’ narrative. At least Pace took a swing at QB. He missed. Happens all of the time. More so than usual on the Bears. What did Lynch do? Solomon Thomas-bust. Reuben Foster-headcase. QB?? Massive overpay for always hurt Jimmy G. He did hit on Kittle tho.

Basically, Pace Fleeced Himself

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would offer

1(2022)
2(2022)
DT Bilal Nichols

for

4(2022)

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can’t let Pace trade future firsts. What gives anyone the slightest bit of confidence Pace would make the right pick?

I have none. The only hope is Nagy and Flip are making the pick.

But no QB is treading water.

I would let him trade next years picks, but not 2023.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don’t think so. It is better than what the 49ers gave up.

The 49ers traded 1 2021 pick.

They dont want Nichols and don't want to give up a 4th. Their pick is in high demand and they know they can make a fool out of Pace

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
They dont want Nichols and don't want to give up a 4th. Their pick is in high demand and they know they can make a fool out of Pace
They won't get a better offer in terms of compensation. If they do trade out it will look similar to Windy's proposal. I do agree about Nicols. This might be the spot where they can unload Miller. I think he fits well in that offense.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Pace is going to draft another bust after trading another 3 years of picks away. Why TF was he not canned?

He's already set us back one decade, why not make it two?

OrnerySlightBull-small.gif

Pace and his trade up to get your guy philosophy has sucked.

I'm more interested in the Bears using the picks on players that fall to them.

If they want to trade down and gather another 2nd rounder, I'm okay with that,but no more trade ups. take that power away from him.