Lauri Markkanen is Not With the Spurs Because He Reportedly “Wanted So Much Money”

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL @ thinking the rest of the NBA plays physical enough for your theory to play out .

The chuck and duck league aint putting up any physical battles for 82 games
We have big guards.
You ever seen what real post players do to guards?

3 guards, a 19 year old, and Vucevic.

if Zach Lavine suddenly played MJ level defense I still don’t think it would be enough(and I like Pop but don’t think inspiration can do that).

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
We have big guards.
You ever seen what real post players do to guards?

3 guards, a 19 year old, and Vucevic.

if Zach Lavine suddenly played MJ level defense I still don’t think it would be enough(and I like Pop but don’t think inspiration can do that).
I'm going to assume you are as wrong with your take on this team as you were with your vehement disdain for the Williams draft pick

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going to assume you are as wrong with your take on this team as you were with your vehement disdain for the Williams draft pick
Nobody else is worried about the front court?
You play to win chips and we can’t matchup to a lot of good teams like that, IMO.
If spending big and hemorrhaging assets to squeeze into the playoffs and get abused by a well built team is your jam….hurrah hurrah?

still have a trade deadline to get PF depth.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Nobody else is worried about the front court?
You play to win chips and we can’t matchup to a lot of good teams like that, IMO.
If spending big and hemorrhaging assets to squeeze into the playoffs and get abused by a well built team is your jam….hurrah hurrah?

still have a trade deadline to get PF depth.
It just proves putting together a team destined for nba hell is a good business move.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Destined for NBA hell? Please elaborate
Nba hell is in reference to teams destined to be no better than 4th place. It might sound good but those teams don’t compete for championships. It does however put people in the seats. Nba is top two-three teams competing for championships. The others are stuck in nba hell.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nba hell is in reference to teams destined to be no better than 4th place. It might sound good but those teams don’t compete for championships. It does however put people in the seats. Nba is top two-three teams competing for championships. The others are stuck in nba hell.
You are correct in the sense that usually no more than 2 or 3 teams actually will be competing for the championship, but I also think its important for a team that's already been bad for several years to be competitive. The Bulls need some playoff experience. This team as constructed will not win a championship now, but that could change down the road via a trade or even free agency.

The Bulls aren't stuck in the conventional ways they were in the past, especially when you knew GarPax wasn't going to do anything.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You are correct in the sense that usually no more than 2 or 3 teams actually will be competing for the championship, but I also think its important for a team that's already been bad for several years to be competitive. The Bulls need some playoff experience. This team as constructed will not win a championship now, but that could change down the road via a trade or even free agency.

The Bulls aren't stuck in the conventional ways they were in the past, especially when you knew GarPax wasn't going to do anything.
I feel more comfortable with moves made now that garpax are gone. But nothing wrong calling what is. As of right now team will ? be or should be watchable. What transforms this team will be if they can ever shake that stigma of the big stars not wanting to come here. Maybe going down the path of nba hell changes that. If it doesn’t sure we can sit around and enjoy a regular season. Just don’t expect a championship

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So the bulls should have continued to suck until they lucked into a talent like LeBron in the draft?
Enjoy the regular season. Don’t expect a championship. Front office did its job it will keep as many fans as possible interested for a team that’s going to be stuck in quick sand

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Enjoy the regular season. Don’t expect a championship. Front office did its job it will keep as many fans as possible interested for a team that’s going to be stuck in quick sand
I dont expect a championship. But I also realize nba is different than other sports and the hope of a championship isn't realistic for more than a couple obvious teams. Milwaukee and Phoenix were the first teams to break that trend in like 20 years and it was likely only because of injuries.

I'd rather my team was good in regular season and competitive in the playoffs than battling for good lottery picks until LeBron retires

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I dont expect a championship. But I also realize nba is different than other sports and the hope of a championship isn't realistic for more than a couple obvious teams. Milwaukee and Phoenix were the first teams to break that trend in like 20 years and it was likely only because of injuries.

I'd rather my team was good in regular season and competitive in the playoffs than battling for good lottery picks until LeBron retires
Milwaukee has been a legit contender for the last 3 years. The expectations were the Nets would win this year though, and almost did. Probably do if not for injuries. Still though Milwaukee was always considered up there and they will as long as Greek is around.

Phoenix basically came out of no where last season, and in the past, when you had a team suddenly rise like this.... we generally see them lose to very experienced teams / or teams with very established superstars...but Phoenix also got lucky in the sense that injury bugs hit the other teams along their way.

If you're looking at next season, your contenders at the moment are basically Nets, Bucks, and Lakers. I am interested to see if Jamal Murray grows a bit more to make the Nuggets more of something, but that hasn't been determined yet. The Warriors could also come back if Klay Thompson returns to form.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Milwaukee has been a legit contender for the last 3 years. The expectations were the Nets would win this year though, and almost did. Probably do if not for injuries. Still though Milwaukee was always considered up there and they will as long as Greek is around.

Phoenix basically came out of no where last season, and in the past, when you had a team suddenly rise like this.... we generally see them lose to very experienced teams / or teams with very established superstars...but Phoenix also got lucky in the sense that injury bugs hit the other teams along their way.

If you're looking at next season, your contenders at the moment are basically Nets, Bucks, and Lakers. I am interested to see if Jamal Murray grows a bit more to make the Nuggets more of something, but that hasn't been determined yet. The Warriors could also come back if Klay Thompson returns to form.
Bucks to me are a contender, but one who has very little shot at the title without hurdles being moved for them. Just like last year, I can't see them winning it without injuries to Brooklyn and probably LA. Giannis is incredible but with those other teams at full strength odds are stacked against him. Luckily there is a real chance those teams have injuries as they are on the geriatric tour now.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I know what “nba hell” is. I just wanted you to elaborate on the bulls situation.

I just think it’s an overused phrase people use. It’s like people saying, “if you ain’t first you’re last!” Like no, there’s second, third…hell, you can even come in 4th!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah, maybe the missing link, missing piece isn’t here yet, or the idea is to let P Williams develop into it. Not block him. Accelerate to his growth curve and go as far as our best player can take us.

Seems smart, the Bulls wasted some of Jordan's elite years, and even Phoenix in recent past had their rebuild take a year or two longer than Booker was ready to go places.

I'm unfamiliar with the depth additions, probably they view the tall European rookie and guy from trades as adequate power forward and center depth to Wiliams.

I dont think that's enough but they have 10 months to gel.

Last edited: