I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well, I will say I have no idea why he is not starting for yall. Satoransky may be a better passer but is not near the playmaker or scoring ability. Seems stupid to have him come off the bench when the Bulls are heading nowhere.

Let’s see....coby whites stats this year are...

24 MPG
11.2 PPG on 37% shooting and 34% from 3
Getting 3.4 RPG and 2.3 assists per game
And has a negative VORP(value over replacement player), so literally you could replace him with an average nba guard, and the bulls would be better

Does the kid have talent and potential? Absolutely. But, to act like he is somehow a top 2 player on this roster as @Crystallas has done, is just crazy talk

Meanwhile, since you bring up Sato and act like they should start Coby instead of him...

28 MPG
10.1 PPG on 44% shooting and 34% from 3
Getting 5.3 assists per game and 3.7 RPG
Has a positive VORP, so he’s slightly better than the average guard replacement. So no, lets keep Coby coming off the bench for now against lesser quality players until he shows he belongs in a starting lineup

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I DEMAND YOU ANSWER ME! I AM ENTITLED! lol

Sure, if that’s how you view it. I thought this was a message board where people discuss things. Guess not

I JUST SAY THINGS WITH NO FACTS TO BACK IT UP

I can type in all caps and be a lil bitch about things, too. Heaven forbid someone asks you why you think coby is one of the best players on the team as you contend

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Sure, if that’s how you view it. I thought this was a message board where people discuss things. Guess not

I JUST SAY THINGS WITH NO FACTS TO BACK IT UP

I can type in all caps and be a lil bitch about things, too. Heaven forbid someone asks you why you think coby is one of the best players on the team as you contend

Because I don't talk to people who start conflating comments. Waste of time.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Because I don't talk to people who start conflating comments. Waste of time.

What was conflating about asking you why you think coby white is a top 2 player on this roster?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
What was conflating about asking you why you think coby white is a top 2 player on this roster?

Okay, show me where I said exactly shat you claim I said. That I said I think Coby is a top 2 player on this roster. Please, don't be lazy and make me do all the work for you. Go ahead and look for yourself, as the information was there all along.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Okay, show me where I said exactly shat you claim I said. That I said I think Coby is a top 2 player on this roster. Please, don't be lazy and make me do all the work for you. Go ahead and look for yourself, as the information was there all along.

Okay, so first you obviously don’t know what the word conflate means. Second, post 10 you said this...

“Coby and WCJ are the only guys that I can see on a regular playoff team. And neither as a #1 or #2 option.”

So clearly, you find coby and wcj to be the best two assets/players the bulls currently have. And thus, I asked you why you think this is the case with Coby? Instead, you take us down some dumb rabbit hole of bullshit, instead of just giving me your opinion as to why you think so highly of coby.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Okay, so first you obviously don’t know what the word conflate means. Second, post 10 you said this...

“Coby and WCJ are the only guys that I can see on a regular playoff team. And neither as a #1 or #2 option.”

So clearly, you find coby and wcj to be the best two assets/players the bulls currently have. And thus, I asked you why you think this is the case with Coby? Instead, you take us down some dumb rabbit hole of bullshit, instead of just giving me your opinion as to why you think so highly of coby.

Just so we are clear. Two players that are on a regular playoff roster =/= the two best players. To state that those two things are the same are.... you guessed it, conflation.

I choose my words carefully, no need to translate or twist. If you want to make a habit of putting words in my mouth, two can play that game.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Just so we are clear. Two players that are on a regular playoff roster =/= the two best players. To state that those two things are the same are.... you guessed it, conflation.

I choose my words carefully, no need to translate or twist. If you want to make a habit of putting words in my mouth, two can play that game.

It equals the two best players/assets on the current roster, yes. We can agree to disagree on that. Yet, you still have not answered my initial question of why you are so high on coby? What has he shown you to make you think what you do about him? My initial question of why you think he’s so good, had no conflation to it. So choose a little more carefully

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
What has Coby shown you to make you think he’s 1 of the top 2 best pieces on this crap roster??

As you can see @Crystallas , my initial question never claimed you thought he was 1 of the two best players. I asked why you think he’s 1 of the top 2 PIECES on this current roster

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I read on the Ringer that the league is laughing at the Bulls for not trading their "star" player LaVine.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I read on the Ringer that the league is laughing at the Bulls for not trading their "star" player LaVine.

I kind of wish they had done that trade with the Nuggets. It would have been nice to see him on a good team with a coach that knows what he's doing.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
The answer is simple, Coby is on a rookie deal and has potential.

I'd trade him no question but if you asked me to pick 2 players to keep i'd also say Coby and WCJ.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I kind of wish they had done that trade with the Nuggets. It would have been nice to see him on a good team with a coach that knows what he's doing.

The one for Gary Harris? No thanks. Guy is a decent defensive player, but he can’t shoot at all. And he’s making 40 mil over the next two years. It would put the “rebuild” even further behind. Trading the one good player the bulls have that is on a pretty good contract, makes no sense to me.

I do agree that from Zach’s perspective, he’s probably kinda wishing it had happened for the reasons you said.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The answer is simple, Coby is on a rookie deal and has potential.

I'd trade him no question but if you asked me to pick 2 players to keep i'd also say Coby and WCJ.

And that’s fine if someone has that perspective. I was simply asking him why he had that perspective. Just because I may disagree with it, doesn’t mean I’m not genuinely curious as to why someone else differs...that’s how you gain another persons perspective. He decided to just be childish about it when asked. You’ve at least given an answer as to why you think that way.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The one for Gary Harris? No thanks. Guy is a decent defensive player, but he can’t shoot at all. And he’s making 40 mil over the next two years. It would put the “rebuild” even further behind. Trading the one good player the bulls have that is on a pretty good contract, makes no sense to me.

I do agree that from Zach’s perspective, he’s probably kinda wishing it had happened for the reasons you said.
Eh...Gary Harris up through 2 years ago was a pretty good shooter. Though you have more of a point the last 2 years, his percentages have been way down from his career averages. A more universal complaint for him is that he's never healthy

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

You have to consider the managements perspective though, they cannot get free agents to sign here, so these are the moves they have to make. Zach had no choice, all the bulls did was match the offer sheet. Otto Porter, stuck here for 2 years, they treat him like he was a free agent signed. Player that made a difference last year, allow your guards to penetrate and kick and he hits shots. This year, they have him attacking and he was not the same player, while Laurie stands at the three point line.

This summer camp mentality with Boylen will not attract anyone, seems like alot of them want to leave. Wonder when they buy out Felicio.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You have to consider the managements perspective though, they cannot get free agents to sign here, so these are the moves they have to make. Zach had no choice, all the bulls did was match the offer sheet. Otto Porter, stuck here for 2 years, they treat him like he was a free agent signed. Player that made a difference last year, allow your guards to penetrate and kick and he hits shots. This year, they have him attacking and he was not the same player, while Laurie stands at the three point line.

This summer camp mentality with Boylen will not attract anyone, seems like alot of them want to leave. Wonder when they buy out Felicio.

Okay, so what is managements perspective on the trade? I don’t get what you’re saying here really. I agree the bulls can’t get big time free agents. Not sure what that has to do with not doing that trade for Harris.