Lauri wants to GTFO of Chicago

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
That reads more like Cowley's opinion than something he knows. But not really a stretch, im sure everyone wants off this team. If we got new management i wouldn't care if we did trade them away and rebuilt the rebuild.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even if I were to doubt the source, that sentiment is nothing surprising

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I can believe it. However, it does sound more like an opinion. I do think almost every player is frustrated with Boylen, management, etc.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Here is what is going on, not MY opinion, but the realist recognizes the pattern with ownership, and how things will be handled. You know the old saying, 'I rarely trust words, sometimes actions speak louder, but I rarely doubt patterns."

Waiting until off-season to make changes would save a ton of money. All of the other points that lean on why to make changes now do not matter to the owners. It's that simple. Your opinion, all these beat writers, twitiots, and the feelings of players, none of that matters. Making the staff changes now would be about $35m more lost than if Michael did that shake-up that he hinted at earlier in the season, this June.

Thus, I am apathetic over all these (giving benefit of the doubt) leaks that may arise. Because none of it matters. Lauri wants to go, bye. I don't blame you for leaving. If Michael actually makes the changes, then we will do better without him anyways.

Other sad truth, the odds that Michael brings in someone that will actually fix this team are not in our favor.

#LateralMoves

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
There is no money to be saved here. Look, we had Lauri, instead of building around him as a 4, we went the Knicks approach and signed and drafted big men. This is a team of ones and fours.

Why Kornet? Because he was cheap and was actually someone willing to sign with the bulls. 7 foot "tall" forward. New term, not power, these guys are twigs, tall forward with Lauri a "centerpiece"? Then what else, sign Young, another 4. Draft Gafford, draft Carter Williams, play 3 points at a time every night.

Then we end up with extending this teacher instead of signing a coach.

And now, Lauri wants to play, but the bulls wont let him.

bulls could be very active today, Lauri, Young, Porter, but why free up money when nobody will sign here?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Coby and WCJ are the only guys that I can see on a regular playoff team. And neither as a #1 or #2 option.

Lauri commands more than he's worth, can't stay healthy, and he's too soft to make an impact in a meaningful series. Sorry, but microwave big men are getting cheaper each season.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Coby and WCJ are the only guys that I can see on a regular playoff team. And neither as a #1 or #2 option.

Lauri commands more than he's worth, can't stay healthy, and he's too soft to make an impact in a meaningful series. Sorry, but microwave big men are getting cheaper each season.

What has Coby shown you to make you think he’s 1 of the top 2 best pieces on this crap roster??

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Lauri does not get to dictate shit. I, personally, love Cowley, but to get worked up over Lauri leaving is a laughable thought to me.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
What has Coby shown you to make you think he’s 1 of the top 2 best pieces on this crap roster??

I dont know how much we have seen with him in the position of ball owning, offense running, point guard.
Even when we got D Rose, everyone wanted him to be a scorer. Makes no sense when he can set up scoring and get guys easy shots.
Look at Ball. Guy might be the best passer, best assist man in the game, but they are turning him into a 3 point shooter.

Now the lakers have Rondo, but need to get Colliton to run the floor when LeBron is off the court.
Its the same mentality. Everyone knows Rondo is not beating anyone with an outside shot.

I dont get the mentality with basketball anymore. Got an assist guy, make him shoot. Have a 3 and D guy like Porter Jr,, have him driving to the hoop and shooting off the dribble, big men, ibaka and lopez lining up threes, not just threes, 27 28 foot threes.

If Coby is allowed to run the set, tell these guys where to go and what to do, then I will be able to give a better assessment of how good he is.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Wow...such insight. Based on what makes you believe he is actually good? Better than Zach lavine as you claim him to be ?

Meh, the conflation begins. You can define 'better' how you like. I am a Zach fan, supported him for some time now and love his work ethic.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Meh, the conflation begins. You can define 'better' how you like. I am a Zach fan, supported him for some time now and love his work ethic.

So, again I ask...what has coby shown you to think he’s one of the top two pieces on this roster?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
....because he does what well?
Well, I will say I have no idea why he is not starting for yall. Satoransky may be a better passer but is not near the playmaker or scoring ability. Seems stupid to have him come off the bench when the Bulls are heading nowhere.