Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Im on two years with the makita 36v and have no issues with battery life. I do have 4 5.0 batteries and use the pairs in rotation. The batteries get used in a driver drill/impact driver/multi from time to time too. Maybe its the battery brand IDK. Im not a makita fanboi, just happened to buy into the platform and kept adding to it.

Also bought the 24" hedge trimmer skin, damn thing is good too.

These cordless electric garden tools are just so damn convenient. Put batteries in, press button. IDK how many times I had to fight with a gas trimmer just to start the fucker.

If anyone is thinking electric weed wacker, get the makita 36v the guy below demos it on various brush. IDK anything about the 18v one

I have an electric push mower...forget the brand. We live in a condo but fenced in part of our yard. As a result we have to mow the interior of the fence. It is a small yard for small dogs..... It takes me ~12 minutes from the moment I get the mower out of garage to the moment I put the mower back. And that includes trimming.

Why not scissors?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The tree on its side in the background worries me.

I call that the goat oak.
Leaving it there for the goats we are getting next year. Little playground for em.

.... besides- that one is nothing.
I have a hickory out back that split down the middle about 25' up. One half fell one week, the other a couple weeks later.
I will grab a pic of it later- it is a fatality waiting to happen.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This one is concerning.
Both sides are on the ground and I am not certain how one side will react when I drop the other side... I dont want to be up there when they go.

I am thinking of throwing a chain around the smaller, lower side and just dragging it out, then pop up and chop the big end down from my bucket.

20210625_165234.jpg20210625_165101.jpg

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
This one is concerning.
Both sides are on the ground and I am not certain how one side will react when I drop the other side... I dont want to be up there when they go.

I am thinking of throwing a chain around the smaller, lower side and just dragging it out, then pop up and chop the big end down from my bucket.

View attachment 12408View attachment 12409
Damn, what the hell happened to it?

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Damn, what the hell happened to it?
Unknown- i don't think it was a lightning strike and it honestly wasn't that windy when it went. No rot to speak of.

It was exceptionally hot...maybe it was waterlogged from rain a few days prior and the heat caused it to droop to far to hold.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I call that the goat oak.
Leaving it there for the goats we are getting next year. Little playground for em.

.... besides- that one is nothing.
I have a hickory out back that split down the middle about 25' up. One half fell one week, the other a couple weeks later.
I will grab a pic of it later- it is a fatality waiting to happen.
I was thinking it was down from storm damage, and it made me worry for the rest of your property.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Call a pro and spend 1000. Be worth it.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Call a pro and spend 1000. Be worth it.

It will be so much more fun to do it myself though.

I have an 18" saw and a come along that can probably do the job.

But- even if they aren't up to snuff i can take that grand i would pay someone and get a winch and a larger saw to play with!
Then the job is done AND I have new toys.

That is how I have always justified getting new tools- can I buy the needed items for roughly the amount I would pay a pro for?
If so, get the goodies and add it to the collection.

Last edited:

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My wife just shakes her head when I try to tell her the job paid for the tool and now I have it when I need it. Usual response now is that I have tools that I forget about and end up with 2.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This one is concerning.

View attachment 12408View attachment 12409
Do you have enough tractor to hook up to it with a cable?

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Do you have enough tractor to hook up to it with a cable?
now, no.
couple weeks from now, yes.
I am going on vacation this week and when I get back the lady is gonna go pick up the new deer... which I incorrectly labelled a 2019- it is a 2020.

I will feel comfortable cutting if I can pull out one side of the fall. The remaining trunk seems rock solid, I just dont want to get up there and drop one only to have the other swat me.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Has anyone ever used these style heads on their weed whacker, and if so are they worthwhile?
I hate dealing with the string.

Screenshot_20210626-151334_Chrome.jpg

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I use the dull tip kind for increased safety. Not exactly efficient, but it gets the job done.

1624739651681.png

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That is what I was afraid of... If they were functional I would see a lot more of them.

Stuck with string I suppose.

They are okay for one use, one time tasks, like clearing a neglected yard. Crap for general use.

A universal speed feed head is a much better investment. And use square line for the tougher tasks.

Dogstar

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
  2. Wisconsin Badgers
My dad gave me back a gas powered weed eater that I had given him forever ago and I hate it. It smells like gas and exhaust and you constantly have to mess with it to keep it happy, I am thinking about setting it out on the curb for free.

TFuel.jpg

Best shit ever. Premixed, so no messing around with measuring and mixing. My trimmer has started on the 2nd pull since day one and it's about six years old now. The stuff smells like paint thinner, but it burns clean and virtually smell free.
(At least on my Toro)

Only drawback is the price. It's $6.00 a quart, but if your yard is small it will last you two years.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The new girl is finally here- 2020 deere 2025r. My lawn care game has leveled up.

Photos of her with car and the old busted mower for scale.

2 or 4 wheel drive, 60" cutting deck with quick connect, Aftermarket 4 function quick connect hydraulics.
I have a land plane and backhoe on the way.

I wasnt going to go this nuts with a tractor, but it wound up being the smart choice.
My driveway is almost a quarter mile long and gravel. it would have been over 20k to get the whole thing paved.

The tractor with land plane to level and plow the drive at will was roughly the same price, and it gives me a mower, bucket, and backhoe as a bonus.
At the end of the day it was a no-brainer purchase.

t4.jpgt3.jpgt2.jpgti.jpg