LEAST regrettable purchase you have ever made.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
In contrast to the most regrettable thread what is a purchase that you've made that has either turned out better than expected or has really helped you out over the long term.

I will start.

Any house I have ever bought has been worth it.

Quality tools. I have had cheap shit and I have paid for decent tools and I always appreciate when I use a good tool and it saves me from headaches.

Quality food. I stopped buying off brand food a long time ago, but in the last few years I spend more time reading labels and understanding what I am buying and I think it shows in taste, and nutritional value.

What ya got?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
In contrast to the most regrettable thread what is a purchase that you've made that has either turned out better than expected or has really helped you out over the long term.

I will start.

Quality tools. I have had cheap shit and I have paid for decent tools and I always appreciate when I use a good tool and it saves me from headaches.

Quality food. I stopped buying off brand food a long time ago, but in the last few years I spend more time reading labels and understanding what I am buying and I think it shows in taste, and nutritional value.

What ya got?
If you can fuck it,fly it, or float it, you are better off renting it.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I bought a pair of used EPI 100 speakers in 1987 for $50. Best speaker buy I ever made. Still sound very natural and easy.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Many years ago before Amazon purchased and then ruined Woot.com which at the time was a great daily deal site. They would have a woot-off every month or so, and at some point during that 24 hour period they would offer a Bag Of Crap for $5, only a few were available and 99% of the people trying to get one would fail. The Bag Of Crap would have random items, ranging from great, high end laptops and HD TV's, to worthless broken stuff, most items fell somewhere in between the extremes. Most BOC's at the time had a screaming monkey toy, my dogs at the time loved it, but those dogs are gone now and we have a new set of dogs and they also love the stupid toy. For two generations of dogs this is their favorite toy, $5 well spent, plus I got some other crap.

This is not me.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A few guitars. Years ago, a BMW 5 series that I tricked out pretty well. A lot of wine.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t regert any purchases that are higher quality than average. Food, clothing, tools, cars, I appreciate all that shit

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hot Dog Machine, Popcorn Machine, Fishing tackle, Wine, that handie off Federal BLVD when I was ready to explode, you know, the usual...

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I will start.

What ya got?
wife's boobs.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bavarian Edge Knife Sharpener; You know the one that cuts through a tomato with a credit card after you sharpen it with the Bavarian Edge. I thought it was going to be a piece of cheap shit, but it has held up well and still sharpens knifes great.
I sharpen a couple knifes quite often as i usually have to cut up cow's chamber ( reticulum ) and you want a very sharp knife when cutting up a stomach.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I bought a Push Mower when I was 10 to mow some neighbors yards. Did that all through HS, then went to college. My dad kept it in the shed, used it every once in awhile and kept it tuned up. When I bought my house, I started using it again. Going on 18 years strong.

Also, my Weber grill.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I spent 24 bucks on a starbucks coffee mug... I thought the price was insane, but I was working in an area that did not have quick access to good coffee.

Turns out, it was worth every penny. takes a beating, I can drop it while full and not spill a drop, and if I run hot water in to it before filling it, it keeps the coffee warm from 7 till around 130.

As a result, I bought another. I used to stop for a dark roast with a couple shots of espresso every day, and the quality was inconsistent as well as run me 5 bucks or so.
Now, I fill both mugs and stay out of the coffee shops entirely. Perfect quality and no cost, the mugs have paid for themselves multiple times over.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is easy. The engagement ring for my wife.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I will start.

What ya got?

I am with you on the tools.
I didn't have shit when I bought my first house. Over the years when I had a project that needed doing I would do it myself and buy what I needed to get the job done.
Cars, house, whatever.

It took a decade or so but now I have a massive set of great tools that save me money.

The only things I went cheap on were pneumatic roofing nailers and trim nailer.
I've done 4 roofs and I hope never to do one again.
I dont need a durable production nailer for trim pieces...just something that will get the occasinal job done without the hammer marks.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Laotian child bride.

Every morning when I open my garage door she runs down the street and fisch chases her, so I can get out without him sneaking into my garage.

He leaves her on the doorstep every evening... it's like she is being regurgitated from the busches.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I spent 24 bucks on a starbucks coffee mug... I thought the price was insane, but I was working in an area that did not have quick access to good coffee.

Turns out, it was worth every penny. takes a beating, I can drop it while full and not spill a drop, and if I run hot water in to it before filling it, it keeps the coffee warm from 7 till around 130.

As a result, I bought another. I used to stop for a dark roast with a couple shots of espresso every day, and the quality was inconsistent as well as run me 5 bucks or so.
Now, I fill both mugs and stay out of the coffee shops entirely. Perfect quality and no cost, the mugs have paid for themselves multiple times over.
How much do you waste each year on your coffee habit?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I bought a Push Mower when I was 10 to mow some neighbors yards. Did that all through HS, then went to college. My dad kept it in the shed, used it every once in awhile and kept it tuned up. When I bought my house, I started using it again. Going on 18 years strong.

Also, my Weber grill.
You are 28? LOLOLOLO. My underwear is older than you