LeBron to Chicago -- is it a possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Chicago will push hard for him if he opts out. I don't think he opts out at all...but...the collective 180 this board would take (myself included) would be friggin' hysterical.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/bask...-improve-at-almost-any-cost.html#.U57lt_ldVPQ

foreboding-gandalf.jpg

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
dontcount.jpg

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Chicago will push hard for him if he opts out. I don't think he opts out at all...but...the collective 180 this board would take (myself included) would be friggin' hysterical.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/bask...-improve-at-almost-any-cost.html#.U57lt_ldVPQ

foreboding-gandalf.jpg

The question is what Wade does. Wade has 2 years left on a 40M deal. If Wade opts in, that pretty much destroys any plans LBJ had to add more talent. And Wade realizes he's got very little left in the tank so why would he opt out when there isn't much more money to be had.

Even if all 3 opt out and opt in at a slight discount, can they add enough talent to beat the Spurs next year? Doubt it. At this point, LBJ is chasing rings, nothing else matters. Not sure if Miami is the best spot for him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's even less of a chance of him coming here than Melo or Love.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Chicago hates him more than any other city and he knows that, I think that alone will stop him from coming here.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Fuck LeBron. I don't want him.

And that makes you such a great Bulls fan right? Posting some dumb shit like this...makes you feel all "bully" inside? Stevie Wonder does a better job of analyzing NBA basketball than you do.

Chicago hates him more than any other city and he knows that, I think that alone will stop him from coming here.

...and if he came here...they would love him. They cheered John Starks for crying out loud! Give me a break...

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
:popcorn: I want this to happen so badly...just for the pure entertainment

but it won't

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ill always be anti-lebron, no matter where he plays. not a fan.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
...and if he came here...they would love him. They cheered John Starks for crying out loud! Give me a break...

You know as well as I do that would never happen. LeBron's to sensitive.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
no.

Liked Posts:
My problem was always the tampering/collusion behind them going to Miami. I don't think we should really focus on the idea of him playing for Chicago. But if that did happen, you're high if you think you wouldn't be thrilled.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
There's even less of a chance of him coming here than Melo or Love.

That's for certain. They can trade for Love, they might be able to do a sign and trade for Anthony. I don't see any way Miami wants what the Bulls have to deal. That said, I believe James would be the most likely of the 3 to be willing to take less than the max in order to be on a championship caliber team. He'd get paid plenty and playing in Chicago wouldn't do any harm to his endorsements where he makes even more money. He would be the one of the 3 with something to prove, he is the one not satisfied to be in 4 straight finals and only win 2. If they amnestied Boozer and he just straight signed with the Bulls so they wouldn't have to gut the roster he'd be in good shape. Rose, Noah, Gibson, Butler, Dunleavy, maybe Hinrich, he's on a very strong defensive team, veterans, he doesn't have to play heavy minutes or carry all the scoring load. Believe me if Reinsdorf has to go over the cap and into the luxury tax, James would be about the only player worth the gamble and money.

If he goes somewhere else where he can get the max money, they have to clear cap space, maybe keep one star and he's surrounded by the same type roster of minimum players like in Miami.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
If he came to Chicago, the stupidity would be amazing. Oh my, just imagine the possibilities...

"Fuck LeBron"

"I'm not watching the Bulls anymore"

"I'll root for the Bulls but not LeBron"

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I respect LeBron's game, he is a helluva player. That said, LeBron the man is flawed. He's too superficial, overly sensitive and narcissistic for my tastes. These attributes make him perfectly suited for Miami, and that's where he should stay until he decides to hang it up. He already gave up on Cleveland, giving up on Miami will damage his reputation even further.

In regards to people who fail to understand why the average sports fan hates LeBron, the problem is YOU, not them. Talent will never trump character, but people like you think talent gives athletes entitlement to behave however they want to. This lack of integrity and accountability sends a poor message to our youth, which one of the reasons why our society is so screwed up right now; it's values have been thoroughly compromised.

Status
Not open for further replies.