My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Wow...

As the Cubs start a busy offseason, one of the biggest departures is coming from the broadcast booth. After 16 years as the team’s TV play-by-play man, Len Kasper has decided to leave for the vacant White Sox radio job, according to multiple sources.

The move will be officially announced Friday morning on ESPN 1000, the new radio home of the White Sox. Kasper will team with color analyst Darrin Jackson, who returns for his 13th season in the radio booth and his 22nd overall with the team.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Four years ago they said wait till we get our own network and implied they would be printing money and they would be the new Yankees.

Now in one off-season, after the first year of the new network, we’ve lost Jon Lester Kyle Schwarber, Theo Epstein Len Kasper.

Yeah things are looking great, rickets.

Fucking money grab. Fuck right off, Tommy Boy.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Len was always run of the mill nothing good or bad. Time for a new face anyway.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Good for him.

Marquee must be a miserable place to work.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Four years ago they said wait till we get our own network and implied they would be printing money and they would be the new Yankees.

Now in one off-season, after the first year of the new network, we’ve lost Jon Lester Kyle Schwarber, Theo Epstein Len Kasper.

Yeah things are looking great, rickets.

Fucking money grab. Fuck right off, Tommy Boy.
Thats a lot of whining. You ever think about the fact there is a pandemic affecting money decisions currently and half the guys you mentioned were probably leaving anyway?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Ricketts should probably just sell the Cubs. I don't think he's cut out for this.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
You mean the guy that brought a world series in less than 10 years? Yeah, maybe we can get the tribune to buy them back. That went well before

Ricketts actually did nothing except hire Theo who righted the ship. But the arrow is pointed down and Ricketts appears to be going broke and is one of the most unlikeable owners in professional sports.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Ricketts actually did nothing except hire Theo who righted the ship. But the arrow is pointed down and Ricketts appears to be going broke and is one of the most unlikeable owners in professional sports.
I dont really like Ricketts as a person, but hiring Theo was a big move. The arrow is pointing down, but can pretty quickly be turned around if management makes good decisions. Idk that his decisions with the roster say he is going broke. Hes spent a ton of money on this roster over the years. He is trying to reset the tax during what is clearly a transition period. His decision making has showed that he clearly does want this team to be successful though.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I dont really like Ricketts as a person, but hiring Theo was a big move. The arrow is pointing down, but can pretty quickly be turned around if management makes good decisions. Idk that his decisions with the roster say he is going broke. Hes spent a ton of money on this roster over the years. He is trying to reset the tax during what is clearly a transition period. His decision making has showed that he clearly does want this team to be successful though.

There is more to the Len Kasper story. Len said it was his "dream" to be on radio. GMAB!! I don't buy that for a fucking second. Going from Cubs TV to White Sox radio is nobody's god damn dream.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Best answer right here.

He has done a lot. I've been to the spring training site and it is way ahead of any other team's site. Wrigley is a work of art now vs a piss hole.

People will always shit on some one. That is plain reality. This one is undeserved. They have to reset tax and they are in the hole for paying players to play in front of no fans.

If anything Baseball took it in the ass last year to keep the fans around. Right now all teams are recoiling from that decision. This is the right time to reset tax and transition. This year is going to be jacked up and expect plenty of players going over to Japan and Korea to get paid. The fact that MLB is cutting minor league affiliations again shows how they are cutting costs.

To be honest I'm glad on this. A- is about stupid.

If they were smart.

Azl for instructional rehab stints and new signings.

Full leagues:

A then AA then AAA. A+ is a waste. Players do not need 4 years plus to put a jock strap on in front of 30K. It is simple. Needs more time then keep in Azl. Full leagues are for competing to winning games and titles and competing for a MLB gig.

Having 3 A ball's just causes back logged players and a never ending chain of pointless roster cuts. For that matter 50 rounds of picks... another waste of time. That is just a feeding tube that floods the roster cut line.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I believe that Len jumped at the opportunity to call games for a team that is primed to win. The Cubs are in transition right now and not really going to be a good gig for at least a year.

He is going to go out and say dream job but lets be real. Do you want to talk about who is going to get traded or do you want to talk about how many games up are you on Minn? The answer is easy when you look at it.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I believe that Len jumped at the opportunity to call games for a team that is primed to win. The Cubs are in transition right now and not really going to be a good gig for at least a year.

He is going to go out and say dream job but lets be real. Do you want to talk about who is going to get traded or do you want to talk about how many games up are you on Minn? The answer is easy when you look at it.

If it was White Sox TV, I could maybe see that argument. But Cubs TV to White Sox radio is a MASSIVE downgrade, I don't care if the White Sox go 162-0 and win the WS next season.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If it was White Sox TV, I could maybe see that argument. But Cubs TV to White Sox radio is a MASSIVE downgrade, I don't care if the White Sox go 162-0 and win the WS next season.

I'm not sure about that. As far as the job goes it is more challenging. TV is more about entertainment and behind the scenes stuff. The viewer is already watching the game and the announcer is just background noise.

Radio is another animal. The announcer is everything. That person is 100% responsible of giving a vision of a game and keeping the listener glued to the game. So I can get it how he would want to do this. It goes into to the roots of the game pre-TV. There are plenty of listeners stuck in rush hour that have nothing better to do that turn on a game.

Each their own.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, he is adamant that this was his choice cause he loves radio. I mean Cubs had him on contract and he wanted this. He asked permission and they granted it. I think people are over thinking it. I think he really jst wants to do radio. I dont know his finances but I assume he is A ok.