Liked Posts:
Who will play RT?

Need an upgrade there also.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He'll go somewhere and not make it through training camp. He was a made man in Chicago for reasons that were never apparent when you watched him play, absent that exalted status he won't be rosterable unless a team is truly truly truly desperate.
bookmarking this post, as someone who actually watches other teams play.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He'll go somewhere and not make it through training camp. He was a made man in Chicago for reasons that were never apparent when you watched him play, absent that exalted status he won't be rosterable unless a team is truly truly truly desperate.
He's a fairly stable just sub average LT......I will guarantee you he is on a roster shortly

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
This will be an unpopular opinion, but I don't like the move.

His cap hit this was supposed to be $11,294,000 and cutting him will result in $5,082,000 dead cap space. The net savings is $6,212,000.

That's decent savings, but it also forces a rookie into action early while limiting the depth.

To be clear, I'm not saying Leno is better, but for what they got being ~$6.2M in cap space they are now rushing the development of Jenkins and making the team more vulnerable to injury.

I'm always against rushing a rookie into playing. I think for their own confidence it's best for them to start once they have won the job. As bad as Leno has been, without training camp it seems way too early to say a 2nd rounder is a starter.
Possibly $9mill savings. We don't know the designation.

Nobody knows if they will bring in another LT option. Likely they will

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He's a fairly stable just sub average LT......I will guarantee you he is on a roster shortly
He really wasn't. And if the NFL starts flagging holding again he's even worse than he was last year.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I don't understand this move over the more obvious one of cutting JG
Hoping Graham goes too. Get a cheaper TE option to replace him and then upgrade LT with Fischer or Okung on a cheap 1 year deal

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thinking about it, I highly doubt they make this move without speaking to an agent of a FA about the parameters of a deal (such as Eric Fisher or whoever else is out there). I expect a signing in the next 24-48 hours.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
If there's a worse LT option available, leave it to the Bears to sign him...lol.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Thinking about it, I highly doubt they make this move without speaking to an agent of a FA about the parameters of a deal (such as Eric Fisher or whoever else is out there). I expect a signing in the next 24-48 hours.
I'm thinking the same. They either really believe in T.Jenkins ability to play LT and i'm sure have already spoken to him about it to see how comfortable he is there or have already spoken to free agent tackles which there are like 4 good options in free agency. Maybe they have word of a cut getting ready to be made or will be made.