Leno. HE GONE

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
The more I watch Jenkins the more I think he can play LT on a high level. He kills people so it’s easy to overlook the fact that he has real technical savvy. In fact his bully persona seems to be something he added to his game just like any other technique one might learn.

He’s very smart, he’s quick off the ball, and he’s athletic enough to hang with smaller speed guys.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Fisher or Okung or Villanueva or even 38 year old Jason Peters for a year. Can Mitchell Schwartz play LT or has he always played just RT?
I wouldn't be surprised if it's Okung. There was an article in February that had the Bears connected to him. I would prefer Fisher long term but honestly that's a hard injury to come back from for such a big dude. Demarcus Cousins in the NBA is a shell of himself. I know its a different sport, but Fisher is bigger than Cousins, obviosly not as tall. It might be too much to ask for a guy to return that fast and protect the blind side.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I was of the opinion Leno's time here was coming to an end, but I thought it would be after this season, not before. I guess the cap crunch sped things up. Either way it was coming time to give someone else an opportunity on the Left side, regardless if it is between a rookie and free agent off the street. Leno was always healthy, but seems the staff wants to get a bit more meaner on the OL....plus we save 6 mil

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
only on this board of intellects i tell you
people are actually sad about this move ?
Leno should have been gone years ago
jmarcus webb 2.0
Leno is miles better than Webb, get that out of your head. Sad part is Webb always had more potential.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to Spotrac, the Bears are No. 32 with a -$16,941,810 cap deficit.
Even after cutting Leno, they would still be minus $10729, 810.

OK, give Pace credit for the Fields deal (although it wouldn't have happened if he had hit on Trubisky). But blame Pace for incompetence and mismanagement putting the team in cap space Hell.
You almost have to cut Graham, which is sad because he is a solid Red zone threat. Just not worth 10 million.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Hi Leomaz / Slick Willy. Your act is old and having said that, I am a therapist and could help you. No more antagonizing your pathetic little self. Reach out, I'm here for you.
Fuck you, you pathetic piece of shit. Not sure why you are so paranoid but you need help.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuck you, you pathetic piece of shit. Not sure why you are so paranoid but you need help.
Most therapists become interested in their craft to try and help or rationalized their own id.

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Leno is miles better than Webb, get that out of your head. Sad part is Webb always had more potential.
Thinking back to Webb makes me think back to Big Cat. Boy, I miss him.

Reactions: DC

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think we are completely overanalyzing these moves. This offseason was the first offseason that Massie and Leno became expendable, cap-wise, and they both got the axe.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think we are completely overanalyzing these moves. This offseason was the first offseason that Massie and Leno became expendable, cap-wise, and they both got the axe.
Exactly. We've all been ready to upgrade at tackle for the last couple of years but it had to be the right time to replace those two for the team and the business side of it.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Just read in Hoge's latest article that apparently Jenkins was supposed to be the starting LT for Oklahoma St for all of this past season. However, their RT got injured and their next man up only really felt comfortable on the left side, so Jenkins was moved to RT.

If nothing else, I think that shows the positional flexibility that he has. But it does make me feel a little bit better knowing that their original plan was for him to be their LT and only other injuries messed that up - not his play at LT.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The more I watch Jenkins the more I think he can play LT on a high level. He kills people so it’s easy to overlook the fact that he has real technical savvy. In fact his bully persona seems to be something he added to his game just like any other technique one might learn.

He’s very smart, he’s quick off the ball, and he’s athletic enough to hang with smaller speed guys.

The only thing to keep in mind with Jenkins, is that what makes him so good is that he can physically man-handle guys on the college level via the initial shove/punch with his hands, then redirect his man.

What's going to happen on the NFL level when that doesn't immediately work because he's not stronger than everyone else? Remember that he has extremely short arms and wasn't particularly effective if a player got past his initial shove and closed the distance body-to-body. It took him multiple years at the college level to even become an effective tackle because of this.

Like so many talented young players, he's going to need to adjust on the pro level. He's not going to instantly come in and dominate, and to expect that on the left end right off the bat is dangerous (not that I'm saying you're expecting that).

Last edited:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Most things I've read projected

Jenkins as a RT
Borom as a fringe RG

The possible position swap may work....but It would be very Bearsy to put a rookie franchise qb behind an oline with rookies at the tackle spots; where the rest of the league didn't think they were suited for.

There is a genius or two at Halas Hall so what do I know.

If they are both as nasty as noted, they shouldn't have any problems. Borom has tyrannosaurus rex arms though so he may be a better guard.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
33.5' arms are not 'extremely short" even for a LT.