My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Gould was a bad move.

Kwit was one i didn't like but I understood. Danny T is a leader in the locker room and a vet presence.

Literally, the majority of this board wanted floyd gone, they got their wish. The bears then paid another DE more money and he's sucked more than floyd ever has while floyd is having a career year.

It's beautiful to watch, tbh.
Gould was a horrible move, Kwit was a questionable move, Floyd was the right move. He wasn't getting better under Fangio and didn't step up for us last year, so he was destined for FA.

But what I take issue with is bitching about the Quinn signing. At the time, it was a good move. Just because it hasn't panned out for us doesn't mean it was a bad decision to sign Quinn.

People can lament the money we paid and the lost opportunities for other players all they want. Doesn't change the fact that dropping Floyd and paying Quinn was seen as the right move at the time.

coolio

Liked Posts:
I didn't want us to pick up his option but I thought it was Special person that we gave robert quinn 5 years 70m considering all we gave up and paid for mack.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I didn't want us to pick up his option but I thought it was Special person that we gave robert quinn 5 years 70m considering all we gave up and paid for mack.

and quinn was already the age of 30 when pace went that direction. Pace is just so bad with the cap. He has tough decisions next year. Akiem Hicks is definitely gone.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Gould was a bad move.

Kwit was one i didn't like but I understood. Danny T is a leader in the locker room and a vet presence.

Literally, the majority of this board wanted floyd gone, they got their wish. The bears then paid another DE more money and he's sucked more than floyd ever has while floyd is having a career year.

It's beautiful to watch, tbh.

The Ryan Pace special! His days are numbered.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good for Floyd. He still was a bust for the Bears and I am glad he is gone.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But what I take issue with is bitching about the Quinn signing. At the time, it was a good move. Just because it hasn't panned out for us doesn't mean it was a bad decision to sign Quinn.

People can lament the money we paid and the lost opportunities for other players all they want. Doesn't change the fact that dropping Floyd and paying Quinn was seen as the right move at the time.

That is debatable. Not dumping Floyd which I think was correct but we could have spent that Quinn money on the OL and there was not dire need to spend a ton of money on a 2nd pass rusher. Going into the offseason, I don't think anyone on CCS predicted we would spend big money on pass rusher over OL.

On balance this was a disaster of an offseason as Pace and Nagy completely got it wrong in terms of priorities. For the money we gave Graham and Quinn we probably could have signed 2 pretty good OL. Then to top it off Pace and Nagy draft a CB and TE in the draft ignoring the OL again.

Graham is useless outside of the RZ, Quinn is a luxury we didn't need, Kmet is not playing enough and while Johnson has been good, I still don't think he adds as much value as an actual OL.

Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:
Gould was a horrible move, Kwit was a questionable move, Floyd was the right move. He wasn't getting better under Fangio and didn't step up for us last year, so he was destined for FA.

30 year old end to a multi year deal no thanks. the quinn contract is going to be a key ingredient why Akiem Hicks will be a cap casualty next year.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
He was a solid nfl starter that was a draft pick and i dont care what round he was in. Everyone wants their top pick to be an all pro but even if they are a role player it is just one less area to worry about. How we let him go and keep massie or leno is beyond me.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Based on stats he is outperforming Mack this season.

Hes on pace to have a very solid season. Around 35 or so pressures, which would make him a solid edge rusher.

I'm happy for him, hopefully its not just one year and he continues playing well. Just wish it wasn't for another NFC contender.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He was a solid nfl starter that was a draft pick and i dont care what round he was in. Everyone wants their top pick to be an all pro but even if they are a role player it is just one less area to worry about. How we let him go and keep massie or leno is beyond me.

Because we gave leno and massie extensions, lol.

Dont worry, both those guys will be gone soon enough.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Gould was kicking at a league low accuracy rate when he was cut-- over 2 years that is. It was the right time to move on from him. Problem was they replaced him with the wrong guys n

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hes on pace to have a very solid season. Around 35 or so pressures, which would make him a solid edge rusher.

I'm happy for him, hopefully its not just one year and he continues playing well. Just wish it wasn't for another NFC contender.

It's a one year thing.