Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Gould was kicking at a league low accuracy rate when he was cut-- over 2 years that is. It was the right time to move on from him. Problem was they replaced him with the wrong guys n

Why this is hard for SO MANY to grasp I will never understand.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why this is hard for SO MANY to grasp I will never understand.

Remember the 2015 Niners game? He missed 2 easy FG's to win that game. Just more CCS revisionist history here

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Revisionist history at its finest
Its not being a revisionist, I don't disagree with us letting him go....just sad that Quinn who was always producing with a pass rush, is now Floyd without run stopping ability.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Its not being a revisionist, I don't disagree with us letting him go....just sad that Quinn who was always producing with a pass rush, is now Floyd without run stopping ability.
I was more so talking about the posts implying or even saying this was a bad move. Saying that this money could have been spent better elsewhere but saying that he wasn’t a clear upgrade at the time is simply false.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Floyd sucked for the Bears. Glad he's doing well elsewhere. But fuck em.

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Gould was a bad move.

Kwit was one i didn't like but I understood. Danny T is a leader in the locker room and a vet presence.

Literally, the majority of this board wanted floyd gone, they got their wish. The bears then paid another DE more money and he's sucked more than floyd ever has while floyd is having a career year.

It's beautiful to watch, tbh.
To be fair, Gould had just completed two years of below standard play (Below Gould is Gold Standard, that is) and the move was made. Robbie himself said the move was justified and helped to revive his Career. Also, his over all desire to play the game. Complacency was a Problem with those Teams.

I was also a peeved that they let Kwiatkowski walk, because he had performed well in replacement of Danny T. He had just not to the date shown every down capability. I still thinki the Raiders over paid for an unproven player. Danny was/is a lockerroom leader, but I think the deal was still a bad one. Two much money for past performances.

Floyd was an athlete. He was also a disappointment. Again, not his fault that the Bears took him to high. Not the first Player the Bears have taken too high and not been happy with the results. Just look at their last 20 years of 1st rounders.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Are you CCS or are you above it?

Msadows is above it, so am I. He is one of the few knowledgeable posters on here. I come here for entertainment value only, to laugh at the shit posted. I go to other places to have actual knowledgeable football discussions.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Heath would have had a THIRD pick if Kwit didn't sky that throw. What a play

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder where are all the people that said we shouldn't sign Kwia. I was banging the table for him all overseason and the argument went from he isn't really that good to he will cost a lot more than DT to well we signed DT because of his verteran presence.

I know I definitely thought Kwiatkowski was going to be much more expensive than Trevathan in free agency. It was very surprising to me that the Bears let Kwiatkowski go only to give Trevathan basically the same amount of money.