Leslie Frazier

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're a logical dumpster fire. That's what I'm saying.

Better than whining about hypotheticals that can never be proven. Easy to cry about something when we will never know what the alternative would be.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I am aware. However you are pretending playing tighter means they win. It doesnt.
How do you know? If they play a little tighter, it doesn’t mean they will lose. Frazier should have gotten creative to defend Hill/Kelce and he didn’t. He gave it right to them

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t necessarily agree to kick it to the corner, but you can squib kick it down the middle to kill a few seconds off the clock.

Bears lost to Falcons in 2008 trying that. Falcons ended up with the ball at 44 and 6 seconds. Got a 26 yard completion with 1 second left.

Bears fans complained about why they squibbed it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How do you know? If they play a little tighter, it doesn’t mean they will lose. Frazier should have gotten creative to defend Hill/Kelce and he didn’t. He gave it right to them

It also doesnt mean they win so just mental masturbation.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Better than whining about hypotheticals that can never be proven. Easy to cry about something when we will never know what the alternative would be.
I just came here becuase I thought your position was badly inconsistent. But I also think people second guess coaching decisions here all the time and that's usually not automatically whining and crying.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just came here becuase I thought your position was badly inconsistent. But I also think people second guess coaching decisions here all the time and that's usually not automatically whining and crying.
No what makes it whining and crying is not admitting it is not a given.

Could end up losing like this. There is no clear cut answer here. It is just a question of preference.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Could end up losing like this.
Nobody in this thread did that though. You just came in saying Mahomes is god and it wouldn't have mattered what Leslie Frazier did.

That Falcons game was the worst.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
It's laughably stupid to absolve Leslie Frazier of any blame for the Bills 4th quarter and OT defense.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

Could end up losing like this. There is no clear cut answer here. It is just a question of preference.
What you have to do is pop it up over all the upmen but 10-15 yards short of the goal line. Yes, you run the risk of the return… but I take that chance over Mahomes having 2 plays to get in FG range. I rather take the chance that they stop them around the 25-30 but eat 5 seconds and thus leaving Mahomes with 1 play to get 35 yards or a Hail Mary.

Also, you gotta jam Kelse at the line. Break up the rhythm there. Bracket Hill with double obviously.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Bears in 2008 was a terribly executed squib kick btw. I prefer kicking short and high, but almost all squib kicks are able to be placed between the upmen. Just a terrible kick there.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nobody in this thread did that though. You just came in saying Mahomes is god and it wouldn't have mattered what Leslie Frazier did.

That Falcons game was the worst.

It was certainly implied.

Totally agree. Don’t even have to squib it, just kick it higher and short of the goal line, like to the 5 or 10. They eat 5 seconds minimum, leaving only 8… Ugh. Feel for Josh Allen and Bills fans.

This guy is presuming he knows they would run out of time.

Don’t be ridiculous. You kick to the corner around the 5 and make them eat clock. Kicking into the end zone with 13 seconds is idiotic.

This guy is claiming kicking to the end zome is idiotic with 13 seconds left hence why I posted the Bears losing a game after they squibbed with 11 seconds.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Ok that was not the up man like I remembered but he fields the ball at the 30-35 yard line. That ball has to get to the 10-15 yard line.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears in 2008 was a terribly executed squib kick btw. I prefer kicking short and high, but almost all squib kicks are able to be placed between the upmen. Just a terrible kick there.

Sure it was which is the point. There are no guarantees. I just remember that example but probably others where a guy gets a good return. Also examples where it works. Just as there are examples where you succeed or fail kicking long.

Unless you have data over success and failure rates it is just speculation.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It was certainly implied.

This guy is presuming he knows they would run out of time.

This guy is claiming kicking to the end zome is idiotic with 13 seconds left hence why I posted the Bears losing a game after they squibbed with 11 seconds.
Neither of those are whining - and they are pretty obviously indicating better odds, not certainty. And you implied that nothing could have been done to stop Mahomes several times before either of those posts. Is that whining and crying?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Honestly, why not just intentionally hold Kelce? It’s a 5 yard penalty but they lose the time.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Neither of those are whining - and they are pretty obviously indicating better odds, not certainty. And you implied that nothing could have been done to stop Mahomes several times before either of those posts. Is that whining and crying?

Yes and neither of us have any data to prove our points. Did they present data to prove better odds? No.

If they had actually presented data to prove their "odds" then I would not respond. Calling something idiotic when you have no data is whining in my book. Or is he allowed to claim something is idiotic without proof but I can't say he is whining because of it?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Sure it was which is the point. There are no guarantees. I just remember that example but probably others where a guy gets a good return. Also examples where it works. Just as there are examples where you succeed or fail kicking long.

Unless you have data over success and failure rates it is just speculation.
I think we can agree though that the chances of a bad kick or good return is lower than the chances of Mahomes making 2 great 20 yard plays. I mean it’s not like they are giving the ball to Jonathan Quinn back there.

Canth

Liked Posts:
IMO, Frazier and Bills got burned because I don't think they thought Mahomes could really do it. They figured 13 seconds was too short of time to really get into reasonable FG range. So, he called a protection against a big play TD. No pressure at the line, soft coverage. I swear he thought he was defending a hail mary.