Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
McDermott kicking it through the endzone... possible career defining stupid move.

Leslie Frazier's cowardly defense with 13 seconds left...hopefully potential Bears HC ending stupid move.

[/end]

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Frazier definitely screwed up by calling that soft "prevent" defense with 13 seconds left. I don't know what he was thinking, but Mahomes made him pay.

BTW...KC's receivers were open all the time. Mahomes had to make a few tough throws, but for the most part, those receivers knew just where to go to get separation.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
McDermott kicking it through the endzone... possible career defining stupid move.

Leslie Frazier's cowardly defense with 13 seconds left...hopefully potential Bears HC ending stupid move.

[/end]
Honestly, kicking it through the end zone wasn’t a bad call sheesh. We all saw how STs can impact the game this weekend, I wouldn’t have risked a kick off return personally.

It was the present defense

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It's kind of simple.

If you would ask Mahomes what defense would you like to see with the goal of gaining 40+ yards in 13 seconds with 2 time outs left:

A) Soft prevent
B) Anything else.

Does he ever answer anything other than A?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Honestly, kicking it through the end zone wasn’t a bad call sheesh. We all saw how STs can impact the game this weekend, I wouldn’t have risked a kick off return personally.

It was the present defense
It was a bad call sheesh.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
Lol at triple coverage. If you think Mahomes would not hesitate to throw to Hardman you are not paying attention.

The Chiefs were at the 40 and ran one play for 20+ yards in 5 seconds. So as I said if you kick it short and they still end up at the 40 with 6 or 7 seconds it changes nothing. They can run the same play they did.

The point still stands. You cant guarantee they still dont end up at the 40 or so with 6 or 7 seconds. It is a crap shoot.

Of course he may eventually look to Hardman and get him the ball, the point is time and getting him to do something he doesn't want to do. Kelce and Hill had 22 targets in the game, Hardman just 1 target (and the other WRs combined for 8), so no surprise he looked there first and the Bills were giving him what he wanted.

On the special teams, the Chiefs average 23 yards per return, and returns take 5-7 seconds to play out, so if you kick it to the 5, you're expecting to give them the ball around the 30 with 6-8 seconds which is time for 1 play and maybe a second or two left for a FG attempt or a hail mary.

It's also the only chance to burn clock without giving Mahomes and Reid a say in what's happening.

And no, obviously you can't guarantee anything with that, and it's possible they have a bigger return, or he still finds Kelce or Hill for a 25-35 yard gain with their one play, but it's about giving yourself the best chance to win and limiting the other team's options. Instead, the Bills said, "Here, Chiefs, you decide how these 13 seconds are used."

Last edited:

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
You don't hire Leslie Frazier regardless of the stupidity he showed last night.

You have to build around Fields. Meaning the HC/OC/QB coach have to be in alignment. They're vision, system, etc. have to all be focused on building him up.

It's an offensive league. It's extremely hard to shut down any dynamic offense in today's game based on the rules that are in place. You have to take full advantage of the state of today's game by getting an offensive guru. Miss me with Frazier or Bowles and Eberflus. Light the fucking scoreboard up.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It was 11 seconds left when Lovie got burned on the squib kick not 35 seconds. So 2 seconds less than what Mahomes had.

So your "proof" that the kick should not have been put in play at the 5-10 yard line by pooch kick is a 13 yard kick return on a Bears squib kick that took 5 seconds off the clock.

Hmm, As a defense I take Mahomes at the 23-30 with 8 seconds left ( one play and a fg kick/hail mary) or even at the 45 with 5 seconds left ( hail mary) over him with 13 seconds from the 25 (3 plays) every day of the week.

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:
Tyreek Hill may be the only guy in the league you don't squib kick to, unfortunate.
Too bad he was standing on the sidelines during that kickoff.

Stop defending insanity....squib it..run 3-7 seconds off the clock....commit intentional defensive holding penalties (like fouls to give in basketball) and end the game with them needing a 70 yard hail mary

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Of course he may eventually look to Hardman and get him the ball, the point is time and getting him to do something he doesn't want to do. Kelce and Hill had 22 targets in the game, Hardman just 1 target (and the other WRs combined for 8), so no surprise he looked there first and the Bills were giving him what he wanted.

On the special teams, the Chiefs average 23 yards per return, and returns take 5-7 seconds to play out, so if you kick it to the 5, you're expecting to give them the ball around the 30 with 6-8 seconds which is time for 1 play and maybe a second or two left for a FG attempt or a hail mary.

It's also the only chance to burn clock without giving Mahomes and Reid a say in what's happening.

And no, obviously you can't guarantee anything with that, and it's possible they have a bigger return, or he still finds Kelce or Hill for a 25-35 yard gain with their one play, but it's about giving yourself the best chance to win and limiting the other team's options. Instead, the Bills said, "Here, Chiefs, you decide how these 13 seconds are used."

You think that maybe Mahomes reads the D pre snap and that if you triple cover a guy he will quickly move to another target?

You run the risk of the kick still going into the end zone or instead of it going to the 5, it goes to the 15 instead as an example.

Again this isnt Madden. It isnt as simple as kick it to the 5.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Too bad he was standing on the sidelines during that kickoff.

Stop defending insanity....squib it..run 3-7 seconds off the clock....commit intentional defensive holding penalties (like fouls to give in basketball) and end the game with them needing a 70 yard hail mary

Yeah this sounds like a great idea given Mahomes and Hill a free play?

So just so I understand. You going to somehow tackle all 5 WRs or if not you are fine with given Mahomes a few play to chuck it up to one of the speed demons on the field and possible get a completion or get PI?

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tyreek Hill may be the only guy in the league you don't squib kick to, unfortunate.
Agreed, and as much of a Hester fan I am, I think Hill is faster on the field. Guy has blinding speed

greg23

Liked Posts:
Yeah this sounds like a great idea given Mahomes and Hill a free play?

So just so I understand. You going to somehow tackle all 5 WRs or if not you are fine with given Mahomes a few play to chuck it up to one of the speed demons on the field and possible get a completion or get PI?
Yes...you hold and /or tackle them all at the line of scrimmage at the snaps and don't let go.

The play happens, the clock runs and all the wr are being tied up....5 yard penalty and 5-8 seconds off the clock

Its not fucking hard....its actually really simple to eliminate 13 seconds

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The whining comment was in relation to the kicking it long. Frazier does not make that decision. Try to follow along.
Sorry, but I don’t sit here 24/7 and follow along with everything that is said. However I simply stated that you’re rare whining about Frazier. Keep up.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would have just wanted to keep the kick in play, take off half the time. Leave them with 1 play. Or even if they manage to get a second play in, time would expire during that play. Wouldn't have dropped into prevent either. You give too much open space to a team built on speed. Have faith in your D and don't be a scared bitch.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes...you hold and /or tackle them all at the line of scrimmage at the snaps and don't let go.

The play happens, the clock runs and all the wr are being tied up....5 yard penalty and 5-8 seconds off the clock

Its not fucking hard....its actually really simple to eliminate 13 seconds

Ok and of one of the WRs breaks free and is now wide open? You do realize guys can beat the press?

Why so you think no NFL team has ever tried this? Is it perhaps because it is a stupid suggestion?