Leslie Frazier

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wrote 3 deep man, 2 deep man, or several other coverages. Even in two deep seems like it took the saftoed forever to ome up and make the play on Kelce.

Hard to say on that last point, we don't really know what the outside guy was supposed to do there. Coming out of a timeout you'd expect a starting CB to understand a basic underneath zone coverage though. At the very many of the players looked pretty unprepared on both of those plays.

Seems like maybe there were things that BUF could have done to slow down MAHOMESGOD, they just didn't do them.

They were in 2 deep 92% of the time and Mahomes and Hill eviscerated them. This was actually the first full game he did not attempt a pass over 20 yards. So 3 deep just leaves more space underneath for Mahomes to exploit. Something he used to not do because he liked to go deep but he basically took what the D gave him this game.

So again I think you switch to 3 deep and you just gave up even more space underneath which Mahomes was happy to take.

At some point it becomes less about scheme and more about the players making plays. The Bills didnt have anyone on the pass rush or coverage units that stepped up.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

They were in 2 deep 92% of the time and Mahomes and Hill eviscerated them. This was actually the first full game he did not attempt a pass over 20 yards. So 3 deep just leaves more space underneath for Mahomes to exploit. Something he used to not do because he liked to go deep but he basically took what the D gave him this game.

So again I think you switch to 3 deep and you just gave up even more space underneath which Mahomes was happy to take.

At some point it becomes less about scheme and more about the players making plays. The Bills didnt have anyone on the pass rush or coverage units that stepped up.
So he stuck with 2 deep repeatedly even though they were getting eviscerated all night. And you think that is a good thing?

Cover 3 also doesn't mean the safeties are further back or that there is more room underneath.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So he stuck with 2 deep repeatedly even though they were getting eviscerated all night. And you think that is a good thing?

Cover 3 also doesn't mean the safeties are further back or that there is more room underneath.

Dont think it is a good or bad thing. He was afraid of Hill going deep and that is a reasonable fear as that has been how the KC O has been a success the entire time Mahomes has been there. Now that he is throwing underneath then there is no good way to defend him when he is on.

3 deep means only 4 guys underneath. Just as 2 deep means 5 guys underneath. So a 3 deep look means more space for Kelce to fit into not less.

You also cant play man with 3 deep unless you rushing 3 as that would leave 1 guy uncovered and free to roam after the catch.

It was in fact Cover 2 that Mahomes struggled against early this year but he has figured it out. The only way to really have success against him is for the 4 man rush to get there like Tampa's did in the SB last year.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Dont think it is a good or bad thing. He was afraid of Hill going deep and that is a reasonable fear as that has been how the KC O has been a success the entire time Mahomes has been there. Now that he is throwing underneath then there is no good way to defend him when he is on.

3 deep means only 4 guys underneath. Just as 2 deep means 5 guys underneath. So a 3 deep look means more space for Kelce to fit into not less.

You also cant play man with 3 deep unless you rushing 3 as that would leave 1 guy uncovered and free to roam after the catch.

It was in fact Cover 2 that Mahomes struggled against early this year but he has figured it out. The only way to really have success against him is for the 4 man rush to get there like Tampa's did in the SB last year.
Rushing three seems like a good idea in that situation. Obviously you can't go cover 3 man and rush four. There are tons of other things as well. Bracketing for example. Seems like Frazier didn't really try much to slow them down.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Because you responded to a comment about the long kick talking about Frazier. So by definition you were ignorant to the fact the comment you responded to was not about Frazier. You then explained your ignorance as to what that post was about by saying you dont read all my posts.

So again it helps to read the posts before you respond. No idea why you responded to a post about the long kick talking about Frazier.
Im so sorry mom. It won’t ever happen again. I’ll use you as an example, because I know you have never been ignorant on here…..

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Im so sorry mom. It won’t ever happen again. I’ll use you as an example, because I know you have never been ignorant on here…..

I just made a mistake in thinking Marinnelli took over as DC in 2021 and not 2020 and when my ignorance was pointed out I said my bad. I certainly did not get pissy because I got it wrong.

You were mistaken about the topic of the post you responded to. Shit happens. I have no idea why you are getting so pissy about it. It seems you thought I claimed you were whining when I did not. I said the people calling the long kick idiotic were whining.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
After last night you all can get off Fraizer's nuts

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rushing three seems like a good idea in that situation. Obviously you can't go cover 3 man and rush four. There are tons of other things as well. Bracketing for example. Seems like Frazier didn't really try much to slow them down.

Maybe but then he can pull a Dak and run for 15-20 yards with defenders backs turned and unlike Dak with timeouts to be called. It would take him about 2.5-3 seconds or so given his 40 time. Let's tack on another 3 seconds just to be safe and that is still time to call a TO and then lick the FG.

Look there are any number of other things they could have done. I am just saying that with a guy that dialed in it is hard to say Mahomes would not have had an answer for it. To me you need a guy on D to make a spectacular play. No one showed up to do that.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I just made a mistake in thinking Marinnelli took over as DC in 2021 and not 2020 and when my ignorance was pointed out I said my bad. I certainly did not get pissy because I got it wrong.

You were mistaken about the topic of the post you responded to. Shit happens. I have no idea why you are getting so pissy about it. It seems you thought I claimed you were whining when I did not. I said the people calling the long kick idiotic were whining.
I didn’t know I was pissy. Again, I’m sorry mom. The thread is about Leslie Frazier. So I guess it was ignorant of me to think that’s what was being discussed.

The long kick was idiotic. And you were whining during the Leslie Frazier discussions.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didn’t know I was pissy. Again, I’m sorry mom. The thread is about Leslie Frazier. So I guess it was ignorant of me to think that’s what was being discussed.

The long kick was idiotic. And you were whining during the Leslie Frazier discussions.

Post 8 in the thread referenced the kick. Feel free to let that poster know it was a thread about Frazier instead of whining about the fact I responded to him and you did not realize it.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Post 8 in the thread referenced the kick. Feel free to let that poster know it was a thread about Frazier instead of whining about the fact I responded to him and you did not realize it.
Yeah I didn’t read it, nor do I care. Stop your whining already.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That’s very childish. I don’t think I am whining. Im just copying your tone on here.

Lol if I am whining and you are copying my tone then you are whinimg too. SMH at not understanding the implications of your own words.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Lol if I am whining and you are copying my tone then you are whinimg too. SMH at not understanding the implications of your own words.
You are truly whining. I’m just making fun of you. Big difference.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are truly whining. I’m just making fun of you. Big difference.

You have been whining about me talking about defending Frazier for pages now when in fact I was talking about the kickoff.

You cant even whine properly by responding to the correct post.

RumourBoy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
9 page thread for Frazier after a loss, clearly the guy is HC material, haters gonna hate.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
At least Frazier could disguise coverages or use zone blitzes. Something Mahomes hasn't seen yet. Fangio was a master at it.

RumourBoy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Frazier granting 2nd interview to Giants. Bears going to miss out on a special coach in favor of Josh Caldwell.