Lester signs with Nationals

garapp

Liked Posts:
1 year deal. I see Jon and Schwarber leading Washington to the East Division crown.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
What happened? Did Ricketts cheap out and not offer him anything? I thought he was supposed to take $5 mill and continue on here?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
What happened? Did Ricketts cheap out and not offer him anything? I thought he was supposed to take $5 mill and continue on here?

only if you listen to certain people in this forum that just spout shit to spout shit. Anyone with any reasoning could see the writing on the wall for Jon. He helped get a ring, and I wish him well in Washington. He’s done, though

garapp

Liked Posts:
Maybe yes maybe no. 3 and 3 record era over 5 last year. Hes definitely on a downhill slope. But maybe for 1 more year on a team with a decent offense he might have a year left in the tank

CSF77

Liked Posts:
only if you listen to certain people in this forum that just spout shit to spout shit. Anyone with any reasoning could see the writing on the wall for Jon. He helped get a ring, and I wish him well in Washington. He’s done, though

You must be getting therapy now. I'm really glad to hear that and I hope it works out for you.

Hugs bro.

Steve_A

Liked Posts:
I think you all are missing the point here.
Team’s going to tank anyway.
Why not let Lester have his 200 wins here?
Don’t know if people will be in their seats next year but,
talk about the lack of promotional effort to draw the fans in.
He could have been the one promotional savior in this messed up rebuild.

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Yep. Wasn't worth bringing back, IMO. If you're going to tear it down (Which I think they are), then do it. See what ya got in pitching prospects.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe the money saved by the Ricketts(a family named after a disease)will allow them to acquire the rest of Wrigleyville or send massive money to more political candidates. They got their way on everything from the city and are now admittedly cost cutting.
Rebuild? I guess so if so many say it but the team just won their division by three games(an achievement unthought of in my youth)but blow it up they will or at least BLOW.
One can only hope cub fans realize what's goin' on when they're allowed back in.
Fan support of Chicago sports teams refusing to pay their best players is what led to the 23 title-less seasons I had the misfortune to live through and 2021 brings five straight...........103 more to go guys but we taught those greedy players a lesson.......am I right?

Last edited: