Let the Rumors Fly Watson Trade Theory

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
The Bears don't have a low enough pick to entice HOU with a deal. If they opt to rebuild, I don't think trading Watson for the 20th overall pick + future picks is what they'll have in mind. That's why a team like the Jets or especially the Dolphins makes a lot more sense.

I still think HOU will make amends with Watson, and he'll end up sticking around—especially if they hire Eric Bienemy.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Since 1986......

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
so he put up over 70% completion, almost 5000yards 33TD and only 7INT and is under contract until 2025.. in what world do you trade that away? I dont care how "unhappy" he is or how much he wants to be traded I would never trade him this coming year.. You have the most important piece to the puzzle locked up for the next 5 years then you figure out how to make him happy not figure out how to trade him away..

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Bears don't have a low enough pick to entice HOU with a deal. If they opt to rebuild, I don't think trading Watson for the 20th overall pick + future picks is what they'll have in mind. That's why a team like the Jets or especially the Dolphins makes a lot more sense.

I still think HOU will make amends with Watson, and he'll end up sticking around—especially if they hire Eric Bienemy.
Exactly - if there are two teams in the hunt for Watson it would be the Jags/Jets.

Houston is not trading a franchise guy with no way of acquiring another franchise guy in this draft.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

You would have to start with asking the Texans what has to be involved if they want to trade DeShaun.

we can’t just give away everything to them and get just him in return. They have to be smart....if possible, about this.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Damn it's hard to listen to that clown talk but i'm in 100%. Go get Watson.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
vp/ - Pokémon » Thread #28603008

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
so he put up over 70% completion, almost 5000yards 33TD and only 7INT and is under contract until 2025.. in what world do you trade that away? I dont care how "unhappy" he is or how much he wants to be traded I would never trade him this coming year.. You have the most important piece to the puzzle locked up for the next 5 years then you figure out how to make him happy not figure out how to trade him away..
If you could guarantee that that would be nice. But it not his averages in the last 3 years

4280 yds
28 tds
7 ints

it would be a very welcomed change from the last 100 years or 100 quarterbacks

Last edited:

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
What if his agent tells him not to play?

shoez90

Liked Posts:
max kellerman is a clown for ignoring how unrealistic this truly is. we had our shot, and our idiot GM blew it.
this right here. we LITERALLY had the best QB in football right now and this guy a top 10 to me in OUR lap and we fuked ourselves. We deserve to watch them have success on another squad but I wouldn't mind trying to get him anyway. PM and DW came thru Halas Hall and we said meh, so typical bears. Great defenses quality skill players at times but QB evaluation just dumber than dirt.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
max kellerman is a clown for ignoring how unrealistic this truly is. we had our shot, and our idiot GM blew it.
Actually it’s very realistic. There are a few obstacles though and the hardest one in the no trade clause

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He would have a huge market in Chicago, hell even if he is just a good quarterback his persona would be Jordan-esque.

If Pace can make this happen all sins will be forgiven. Nagy can still go fuck himself. Watson should be able to hand pick his next coach, fuck it.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
What if his agent tells him not to play?

thats exactly what his agent would tell him to do to try and force a trade.. problem is he is not on the tail end of his deal so he really doesn't have much leverage unless he wants to give up millions of dollars.. for several years.

And considering Mitch played like complete crap against good teams maybe Mitch should of listened to his "agent" as well? but stop being a fucktard and try and stay on topic here... you want to talk about Mitch go ahead and bump that thread..

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
thats exactly what his agent would tell him to do to try and force a trade.. problem is he is not on the tail end of his deal so he really doesn't have much leverage unless he wants to give up millions of dollars.. for several years.

And considering Mitch played like complete crap against good teams maybe Mitch should of listened to his "agent" as well? but stop being a fucktard and try and stay on topic here... you want to talk about Mitch go ahead and bump that thread..
He got a $27M signing bonus / $73M guaranteed, highly doubt he's concerned at the moment

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He got a $27M signing bonus / $73M guaranteed, highly doubt he's concerned at the moment
Sure, but if they have him locked up for the next 5 years why would they want to trade him vs trying to work it out? It's a pipe dream that's fun to think about but will never happen

msadows

Liked Posts:
Sure, but if they have him locked up for the next 5 years why would they want to trade him vs trying to work it out? It's a pipe dream that's fun to think about but will never happen

Its all what watson wants.

If he's willing to sit out a year to get traded and play hardball, then he's getting traded. If he isn't willing to go that far....then he has zero leverage.

I seriously doubt they trade him.