Let the Rumors Fly Watson Trade Theory

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson is not being traded.

The Bears wouldn't be able to put the best package together for him.

Watson is not coming to save this cluster F. Time to look at more realistic options.
Absolutely agree. Not happening. At least not to the Bears.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Want to try that again in english?
I’m sure you are smart enough to put “is” where “I’d” is.....right?

I do it all the time with others.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Its all what watson wants.

If he's willing to sit out a year to get traded and play hardball, then he's getting traded. If he isn't willing to go that far....then he has zero leverage.

I seriously doubt they trade him.
ok he sits out a year.. Now what? He still has 4 more years left.. is he going to do it again? How many years of sitting is he willing to do? There is no rush for them to trade him away because time in on there side. If he was at the tail end of a deal then yes he would have some leverage but he has way to much time left on his deal so his leverage is pretty slim.

But that is not the point. the point is why the hell would they trade him in the first place? If you where the GM would you trade him? Good QBs are pretty rare.. great ones even more so.. You have years to try and make him happy. No way he gets traded anytime soon

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Meh,

The Jags are actually a very intriguing team right now. 11 draft picks, including the #1 overall and another first rounder, and a shitload of cap space, in a year in which many teams are going to be completely out of the FA market.
Who the coach is makes a huge difference. Can the make the right the decision? Can the get the right guy who can bring in the right people?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
ok he sits out a year.. Now what? He still has 4 more years left.. is he going to do it again? How many years of sitting is he willing to do? There is no rush for them to trade him away because time in on there side. If he was at the tail end of a deal then yes he would have some leverage but he has way to much time left on his deal so his leverage is pretty slim.

But that is not the point. the point is why the hell would they trade him in the first place? If you where the GM would you trade him? Good QBs are pretty rare.. great ones even more so.. You have years to try and make him happy. No way he gets traded anytime soon
Texans wouldn't let him sit for a year. They would need to trade him. That kind of thing would sabotage the team. If he is willing to sit out even one season, the texans will need to move on.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The goal of trades like this is to get young players on cheap contracts and a boatload of picks. They wouldn't take on a mack, fuller or eddie jackson.
In your opinion. Kyle Fuller is 28 and is relatively cheap.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Wouldn't cost anything if they cut him and the bears just signed him.
I kinda don’t think the Lions are going to just cut Stafford.

idont know this as fact but it would make zero sense..in my opinion

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Texans wouldn't let him sit for a year. They would need to trade him. That kind of thing would sabotage the team. If he is willing to sit out even one season, the texans will need to move on.
why not? Teams are willing to give up a kings ransom for great QBs but waiting a year or more to try and work out something with one you already have locked up is to much to do? No chance they give up on him so fast.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Harden traded to Nets. He forced the trade.

Let's hope Watson forces a trade as well and the Bears make the best offer.

Liked Posts:
There is one way the bears can get Watson....build a time machine to travel back to the 2017 draft, tell Pace to quit being an idiot racist and go with a proven winner full of potential.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Houston gets the 3rd pick from Miami, then Bears should inquire about Tua if Houston wants to go with a rookie QB at #3

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
If you were the jets, why wouldn't you offer both firsts this year and a first next year with Sam Darnold? That would probably get it done.