Let's be real about Fields

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
No I am saying you are making up a number and pretending it is real. 90% is not a real number. It is just a number you made up to support your argument. I have watched the all 22 of all the games. Fields fails to throw to open guys or with anticipation a lot. I won't make up a number like you did but your number isn't remotely accurate.
Fields is a rookie. No shit he fails to throw with anticipation, he has been getting reps with these guys for four weeks. Again, these types of plays are completely normal for rookies, the difference is that other rookies are not getting pressure in their face nearly every snap AND have to deal with receivers not getting open. Usually it is one or the other, not both.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
His awareness is pretty low right now, he looks lost. Of course, the OL and Nagy isn’t doing him any favors.

You can’t be too down on him though, he’s a smart kid, with the right scheme, improved OL and general experience he will get it together.
We had another quarterback I made these very same reasons for his failure and many here hammered me for it
The fact I we won't ever know wtf we actually have behind center until Nagy and his clown show are ran outta town

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fields is a rookie. No shit he fails to throw with anticipation, he has been getting reps with these guys for four weeks. Again, these types of plays are completely normal for rookies, the difference is that other rookies are not getting pressure in their face nearly every snap AND have to deal with receivers not getting open. Usually it is one or the other, not both.

His being a rookie is why I think he will improve. It does not change the fact he has played poorly at times indepedent of the problems around him.

And no other rookies like Lawrence and Wilson have the same problems. You are full of shit if you are telling me you watched enough of their games to know they habe good OLs or have guys wide open.

Let's be real here. You made excuses for Nagy for a time. You made excuses for Trubisky for a time. You never see any issues until it slaps you in the face. You are a homer and an apologist which I aimt mad at you. But you will never acknowledge any issues until it is too late.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
His being a rookie is why I think he will improve. It does not change the fact he has played poorly at times indepedent of the problems around him.

And no other rookies like Lawrence and Wilson have the same problems. You are full of shit if you are telling me you watched enough of their games to know they habe good OLs or have guys wide open.

Let's be real here. You made excuses for Nagy for a time. You made excuses for Trubisky for a time. You never see any issues until it slaps you in the face. You are a homer and an apologist which I aimt mad at you. But you will never acknowledge any issues until it is too late.
Where did I say these issues don’t exist? Nice way to put words in my mouth to prop up your half baked argument. Nobody is disputing Fields is leaving plays on the field. He’s a rookie and that’s part of developing, you simply choose to focus on them a disproportionate amount.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
The issue was you were claiming it was not a mistake when in fact it was. I think Fields is going to be fine but let's stop denying when he fucked up. He fucked up here. Plain and simple.
I didnt say he didnt do anything wrong. I clearly said he made a mistake.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well I would not say 90% because he is kept clean 68% of the time but sure. He doesn't have the luxury of fucking up because the rest of the team is also fucking up.
Just because he is “kept clean” doesn’t mean that a receiver is open.

On these kept clean plays, let’s say he has an amazing throw in a tight window to a receiver who drops it. You would count that against him because the completion percentage would drop, correct? So, my question is on these kept clean plays how many of them have good throws and how many or bad throws?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
So we are going to judge a rookie making rookie mistakes over a guy whos given us 4 years of failing offense? Ok. Sure. Makes sense if you dont think about it.
Why not judge both of them? When Nagy does something completely stupid then lets call him out for it..

But if the play that is called actually works and there are multiple WR that are open then how can you blame the HC/OC for that?

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Why not judge both of them? When Nagy does something completely stupid then lets call him out for it..

But if the play that is called actually works and there are multiple WR that are open then how can you blame the HC/OC for that?
:obama:its like your 5 years old.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Where did I say these issues don’t exist? Nice way to put words in my mouth to prop up your half baked argument. Nobody is disputing Fields is leaving plays on the field. He’s a rookie and that’s part of developing, you simply choose to focus on them a disproportionate amount.

Where did I claim you dad they dont exist? My claim is your are fabricating how prevalent the other issues are. You hace made up a 90% statistic and now you are claiming he is facong things other rookies are not without any means to prove either assertion.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didnt say he didnt do anything wrong. I clearly said he made a mistake.

No you asked how we can judge him which implies he should not be faulted. I responded we can judge him on his fuckups.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
:obama:its like your 5 years old.

I'm sorry but what?

In what world is saying we should judge the hc when he does something stupid but also judge Fields when everything works but he is the reason for the failed play acting like a 5 year old?

Did you quote the wrong person? Because your reply is really dumb

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just because he is “kept clean” doesn’t mean that a receiver is open.

On these kept clean plays, let’s say he has an amazing throw in a tight window to a receiver who drops it. You would count that against him because the completion percentage would drop, correct? So, my question is on these kept clean plays how many of them have good throws and how many or bad throws?

No the metrics track adjusted comp %. His actual comp % when kept clean is 63.9%. His adjusted is 70.5%. The biggest issue is he only had 1 TD and 3 Ints.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chris Simms "what I see from Justin Fields is a kid who holds the ball too long, can't recognize the hot reads, and only reacts to the blitzer when he is almost on top of him. Fields should scare anyone at the NFL level . . ."

Simms got hammered for this back in the day during his pre-draft assessment of Fields but once bear fans see him in action on sundays . . . Simms called it like a mofo!
Well if your going to quote Simms as gospel...well then:

Simms touched on a subject many have mentioned already.​

Nothing about the Bears’ offensive scheme seems challenging for an opposing defense. It is so bland and rigid in many ways. Whenever a team is able to bottle it up, Nagy too often lacks the ability to adjust. Even though the Bears have made a greater commitment to running the ball and even changed play callers, the system remains largely the same. Especially from a passing perspective.

Too many five-man protections. Not recognizing when a blocker is overmatched. Receivers not being able to get open. Not enough play action despite running the ball well. It just feels like so much of this offense lacks common sense at times. Never a great sign when you’re trying to develop a young QB and not get him killed.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well if your going to quote Simms as gospel...well then:

Simms touched on a subject many have mentioned already.​

Nothing about the Bears’ offensive scheme seems challenging for an opposing defense. It is so bland and rigid in many ways. Whenever a team is able to bottle it up, Nagy too often lacks the ability to adjust. Even though the Bears have made a greater commitment to running the ball and even changed play callers, the system remains largely the same. Especially from a passing perspective.

Too many five-man protections. Not recognizing when a blocker is overmatched. Receivers not being able to get open. Not enough play action despite running the ball well. It just feels like so much of this offense lacks common sense at times. Never a great sign when you’re trying to develop a young QB and not get him killed.

Simms is right about Fields and he is right about Nagy. Time will tell if Fields figured it out or not.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best answer I can give you is a combination of what Sage Rosenfels said while commentating a game back in 2018, what 2 chiefs players who were caught saying about Nagy on the sideline of a game in 2019, and what one of the commentors for the Rams game this year said.

Sage said that Nagy's offense isn't cohesive - that it just looks like a collection of plays with no real offensive identity.

The 2 chiefs players were talking about how the chief's offense was a lot more simplified since Nagy left and that he had a tendency to really overcomplicate things...

The commentator from this year said that most NFL teams have 8-12 substitution packages on offense (where players come on and off the field). The Bears have 32 such packages.

Infer from that what you will.

LINK?

Oh wait, you are just pulling snippets from your memory and we are supposed to Vash the MJY

OK

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
again, every rookie has plays like this. the difference is the 90% of other plays when the line fucks up or nobody is open. You are missing the forest for the trees with this.
I read that Fields has the lowest rating if any NFL QB this year when the pocket is clean. So he’s fucking up when the line is doing their job too.

also that 90% number is straight from your ass.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
No, I don't think so.

Mitchell doesn't seem to process information quickly enough at the NFL level to be successful. If he doesn't possess the correct mixture of gray matter to do so, no amount of coaching can't change that.

I think he'll be a decent backup quarterback in the NFL, which is what he currently is. If he ever demonstrates the ability to play at a level justifying the number two overall pick in the draft, then I will be more than happy to issue a full and unconditional apology.

I won't be holding my breath, however.
I think people are forgetting that 32 NFL teams had a chance to sign Mitch Trubisky to compete for a starting quarterback job, and they all said, “Nah, man.”

Every single team looked at another free agent or what they currently had—many of whom are mediocre-to-bad—and they chose those options instead of Trubisky.

Free agency is the ultimate in showing exactly how valued players are in the league.