Let's get something straight about Mitch

Jeremy2020

Liked Posts:
I’m still trying to figure out the logic here.

Nagy and Trubisky suck. But Trubisky can’t get credit for playing well because Nagy sucks?

I do think Buffalo was inspired to stick it to Chicago for Trubisky. Im sure they were actually trying in a way the Bears weren’t. Optically it still looks really bad though. It was a beat down.

Trubisky is probably a low level starter. Chicago was better off moving on. Saturday had me worried tbh. I’m really worried the Bears may be a real dumpster fire this year. Not this BS from the last few years where fans act like a .500 team is the Lions or something. I mean actually really being like the Lions this year. Like 4-13. I don’t care about it being preseason. Even in preseason teams can look respectable and still be sorta going through the motions. That was embarrassing. i mean yeah, Buffalo was trying to shove it down the Bears throat for Trubisky. Chicago was sitting a lot of guys too, IDK though. They look like crap.

You're telling me in like 3 months that Trubisky has been able to inspire such loyalty in his teammates in Buffalo that they're willing to go out and stomp the Bears in pre-season for him? We let this guy get away?

Reactions: Myk

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When the Bills signed him, McDermott did give an interview on NFL Network radio that had a vibe like the Bears had somehow mistreated Mitch. Maybe I’m wrong but it had that feel. Anyway, I do think Sean came into to Saturday with a little of that let’s really stick it to this team and coach for Mitchell.

They seemed awfully inspired for a pre-season tilt. Also, he challenged a call late while they were kicking the shit out of the Bears and it seemed a bit much too. I think the only reason Nagy challenged after that was a bit of a fuck you back. Although like usual, his coach assigned to replay challenges is kind of challenged. He might actually be blind. Kudos to the Bears for hiring the handicapped.

So McDermott went into this game with this agenda and started 6 out of 22 starters who played a short bit?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Uhhh, because Trubisky has just spent 3 years looking bad with Nagy???
We've heard how bad Trubisky is constantly. Suddenly no Nagy and Trubisky can score 30+ points in a half. Preseason vanilla or not, have you ever seen anything from the Nagy/Trubisky duo that would make you think he would have the time to score 30 points in a half, let alone the first half?

We saw what Nagy still is, you're lucky to get a 1st down in the 1st half.

You seem confused. And there are bits of truth here that I think seems purely incidental to your thought process.

Yes, Nagy did and could get Trubisky to look very good against TB in '18, every damn time vs. Patricia's confused stubbornness to man up with Mitch reading under center.

Also against DAL, MIN once or twice I think,

if you did a re-analysis of top 10 Mitch games in CHI he would look better statistically than most any QB in the top 10 that year.

(Film would reveal that it would only be due to quick reads/easy routes and a failure for the opposing DC to adjust at a level that any average DC should be able to adjust to).

So yes, we have seen some things from the Nagy/Mitch duo that would suggest they could put up points and yards very quickly indeed.

But of course that is very limited to a small amount of defenses and teams and moments and not at all sustainable due to both of their prodigious weaknesses.

Leading you to the very correct conclusion that when Nagy is unprepared, his offenses will struggle to even get first downs and that happens far too often in every year than any NFL head coach should ever have it happen too.

So, kudos to your conclusion. Cheers!

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
So McDermott went into this game with this agenda and started 6 out of 22 starters who played a short bit?

Eh, possibly. That one fact does not necessarily contradict the hypothetical premise. The DC called blitzes at a far higher rate than usual from my memory.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Uhhh, because Trubisky has just spent 3 years looking bad with Nagy???
We've heard how bad Trubisky is constantly. Suddenly no Nagy and Trubisky can score 30+ points in a half. Preseason vanilla or not, have you ever seen anything from the Nagy/Trubisky duo that would make you think he would have the time to score 30 points in a half, let alone the first half?

We saw what Nagy still is, you're lucky to get a 1st down in the 1st half.
Yeah he scored 38 in a half against TB...your argument is super weak

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eh, possibly. That one fact does not necessarily contradict the hypothetical premise. The DC called blitzes at a far higher rate than usual from my memory.

Well then God bless him, he obviously is a very gifted coach with an incredible staff with a team that is flying high.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Its weird how the posters that usually say "get over Mitch" have had no issue talking about his good pre-season performance the past few days.

Next time someone says "get over Mitch" or "stop talking about Mitch" I'm going to read it as "I don't like what you have to say, so stop posting.".

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Its weird how the posters that usually say "get over Mitch" have had no issue talking about his good pre-season performance the past few days.

Next time someone says "get over Mitch" or "stop talking about Mitch" I'm going to read it as "I don't like what you have to say, so stop posting.".
I think @Myk Has amnesia. He doesn't seem to remember what mitch did with the bears. I guess that's why he keeps asking if he did things with the bears that he did do

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think @Myk Has amnesia. He doesn't seem to remember what mitch did with the bears. I guess that's why he keeps asking if he did things with the bears that he did do
These guys think it was Mitch's first good half of football. Mitch has put together 2-3 good games in a row vs dogshit teams.

1 half of pre-season football vs a defense everyone is now shitting on. Is this impressive or not? i cant keep up.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I'm legitimately happy for Mitch Trubisky. Good for him. Any game he can play well is a good game that he should be proud of. I have no doubt about his work ethic and his sincerity at helping the team and being the best version of himself he can be on and off the field.

But he has nothing to be salty about. I'm seeing a lot of white-knighting from fans for Trubisky. This was not a "revenge game."...."Revenge" would necessitate him having been wronged in some way by the Bears and now taking it back out on them.

The Bears will go down as literally the only team in the NFL to give Mitch a starting quarterback job---a job that they gave him four long years to continue earning. He did not deliver.

We could argue to the moon and back about whether that's Nagy's fault or not, but the fact is, free agency was a referendum on Mitch Trubisky. 32 teams in the NFL all looked at Trubisky and decided they did not want him to even compete for a starting job.

Instead, he landed as a backup at a place with a young star quarterback.

It feels good to be wanted. I get that. But neither the fans nor Trubisky should get it crooked---The Bills want him as a backup and a backup only. Literally no team wants him as a starter, including his own team. And the only team who will ever give him a chance as a starter was the team he just squared off against in a "revenge game".
Mitch did nothing special. He hit a bunch of passes that were on his first read. Good for him he hit the same passes he's been able to hit his entire career.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Mitch did nothing special. He hit a bunch of passes that were on his first read. Good for him he hit the same passes he's been able to hit his entire career.
True. It's not like he's never had good games in a Bears uniform. People are acting like Sean McDermott unlocked something in Trubisky that Nagy couldn't unlock. It actually looked like the same Trubisky to me: Able to carve up bad-to-mediocre man-to-man defenses and hit guys on first read when it's open, while being unable to throw anything beyond 10 yards.

He had a good game, absolutely---But Bills Mitch is still Prototypical Mitch.

Jeremy2020

Liked Posts:

So McDermott who's defense blitzes at one of the lowest rates in the league called something that isn't his normal defense (that generally rates top 5 in the league) and that shows he was serious? I am confused. Wouldn't you do what you're good at if you were serious?

90sBullsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Kansas City Royals
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Kansas City Chiefs
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Northern Iowa Panthers
I think Bears' fans reactions to Trubisky's performance against the Bears has less to do with thinking the Bears missed out or shouldn't have moved on and way more to do with understanding just how inadequate the Bears' coaching staff is at getting the most out of players.

• Love

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Bears' fans reactions to Trubisky's performance against the Bears has less to do with thinking the Bears missed out or shouldn't have moved on and way more to do with understanding just how inadequate the Bears' coaching staff is at getting the most out of players.
This guy gets it

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Pointing out that a player looks better under a different coaching staff is not being a white knight. I am not saying we should have kept him.

I just said this makes Nagy looks worse.. which it does. Trubisky looked better with Lazor calling plays and he looked better (albeit in one half) in Buffalo's system. So i have seen him in 3 systems, and he looked the worst under Nagy.

Denying that fact that Trubisky looked better on Saturday is white knighting for Nagy's system.
Seems like those with irrational hate for Trubiskyare having a much harder time letting things go than those that are/were called a myriad of terms for rooting for him as a Bear.

First it was, "can't wait for Mack to light him up" and "all they need to do is play a basic zone and he will shit the bed."

Then it was...
"the starters hardly played" (which is false)
" his one deep ball was bad"
"he threw to his first read" ( isn't that what you do when your first read is open? hence the name)
and my personal favorite,
" the schemed it up to make Trubisky look good against his old team."

I have no words for how stupid that is.

As you said, Trubisky looked good, Nagy's bad offense looked it's all too familiar inept self.
It's preseason so not a lot to be drawn from it, but it certainly is a trend that I would have hoped was not so.
But mention Trubisky in any positive light and the flys come swarming to make the world right again.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

There you go. It's not that Trubisky is much better than he was here. It's that Nagy could rarely get that out of him, and absolutely quit trying to get it out of him multiple times, from not letting him run to benching him with a winning record. And here we have Nagy with yet another vet QB still unable to move the ball.
Meanwhile a QB that spend years unable to get 1st downs with Nagy was able to march down the field to match a high scoring Nagy game in just 1 half.
How many more QBs do we have to go through before we figure out Nagy is the bigger issue?

Yep, agreed. It doesn't have to be one or the other. They both can suck.

It's funny how Bears fans can only focus on one problem like there can't be multiple issues.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, the fact you felt the need to post this only shows how badly you want Mitch to fail just to feel vindicated. The classic psycho ex-girlfriend sports fan. Fucking get over it already.