Let's hope Jaylon Johnson continues the tradition of Bears db's drafted in 1st or 2nd rd.-since'89-of being Pro Bowlers or All-Pro...

Applefan

Liked Posts:
He'd be following in the footsteps of Donnell Woolford, Mark Carrier, Walt Harris*,Tony Parrish*, Charles Tillman, Danieal Manning^, Devin Hester€, Kyle Fuller.

*Harris and Parrish became Pro Bowlers with the Niners
^Manning made Pro Football Focus' All Pro team as a kick returner in '08
€Hester was drafted in rd.2 as a cb in '06, but only played the position for that season, along with punt and kick returner.

It's eerie that that Db position that the Bears have drafted in the 1st 2 rounds over the last 30 years that haven't had flops.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I know I'll get accused of being "halfempy" but here's why I have doubts.

He's got 7 career INTs and if you look at his scant highlight reel, many of them were gifts from the QB.

The 4 INTs in his sophmore year may very well have been inflated simply because he was gifted an INT by the QB.

- As far as physical appearance he looks a bit skinny for an NFL CB especially in his legs.

jjohnson.PNG

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Ints, meh. They come and go, especially in college where the QB tends to go away from a stud CB. Look at his average yards given up. QB rating against, percent completion given up. It's a consistent story of locking down the opposing #1 WR.

Does that translate the NFL? No one knows for sure, but there is nothing about his stats that indicates this was a bad pick.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
ain’t no gift ints in the nfl son

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Ints, meh. They come and go, especially in college where the QB tends to go away from a stud CB. Look at his average yards given up. QB rating against, percent completion given up. It's a consistent story of locking down the opposing #1 WR.

Does that translate the NFL? No one knows for sure, but there is nothing about his stats that indicates this was a bad pick.

That may be true, but I have serious doubts about the claim he's a 1st round CB that slipped to the 2nd round.

- We will see...

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That may be true, but I have serious doubts about the claim he's a 1st round CB that slipped to the 2nd round.

- We will see...

That's a different question. Also he had more ints than any CB picked in front of him.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
That's a different question. Also he had more ints than any CB picked in front of him.

You just said: "Ints, meh. They come and go, especially in college where the QB tends to go away from a stud CB."

Pick a lane.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You just said: "Ints, meh. They come and go, especially in college where the QB tends to go away from a stud CB."

Pick a lane.

It was your stat, and laughably wrong. I'm just showing you that you have literally no clue what you're talking about, you don't even watch CFB, and you just have a hunch about him. Which is fine, jut say that: "I'm a pessimist, so despite all all evidence to the contrary, this is what I think."

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Most of the top college db's have ridiculously low career interception totals. Okudah has 3 over 3 years. Jaylon, with 7, has more int's over the last 3 years than every drafted in the 1st round this year.

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:

He's got 7 career INTs and if you look at his scant highlight reel, many of them were gifts from the QB.

The 4 INTs in his sophmore year may very well have been inflated simply because he was gifted an INT by the QB.

- As far as physical appearance he looks a bit skinny for an NFL CB especially in his legs.

View attachment 5343

Jalen Ramsey had 3 ints his entire college career. Bouye had 6. Patrick Peterson had the exact same year by year INT stats in college as JJ. Not a very good barometer for estimating a CB’s success at the next level and scouts know this, hence why there are corners in every draft that finish with more INTs than corners that are considered and often turn out to be better prospects.

He also finished with just a 54 passer rating against for his college career, despite starting as a true freshman. That’s a bigger reason why he was considered a 1st rd talent than his # of INTs

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
It was your stat, and laughably wrong. I'm just showing you that you have literally no clue what you're talking about, you don't even watch CFB, and you just have a hunch about him. Which is fine, jut say that: "I'm a pessimist, so despite all all evidence to the contrary, this is what I think."

What was laughable was you trying to defend Leonard Floyd at the beginning of last year and then getting really quiet about it as the year went on...lol.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
What was laughable was you trying to defend Leonard Floyd at the beginning of last year and then getting really quiet about it as the year went on...lol.
Ha ha, literally everyone on this board who actually watches other teams thinks he was a solid player who couldn't pass rush well enough and was miscast. The NFL agrees, busts don't get $10mil/year contracts.

It's alright to have such little knowledge of football. Just don't snowflake so hard when people call you out on it.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Ha ha, literally everyone on this board who actually watches other teams thinks he was a solid player who couldn't pass rush well enough and was miscast. The NFL agrees, busts don't get $10mil/year contracts.

It's alright to have such little knowledge of football. Just don't snowflake so hard when people call you out on it.

I don't have much in-depth knowledge of football - I admit it.

What's funny is how often you try to argue with me and end up being wrong....and I have pedestrian knowledge. You might want to reevaluate your knowledge. It's comical you take so much pride in it and lose arguments to a total rube on the regular.

I don't know why you keep coming back for more.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I don't have much in-depth knowledge of football - I admit it.

What's funny is how often you try to argue with me and end up being wrong....and I have pedestrian knowledge. You might want to reevaluate your knowledge. It's comical you take so much pride in it and lose arguments to a total rube on the regular.

I don't know why you keep coming back for more.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unsubstantiated victory-claiming from butthurt guy.

Tried and true internet formula. Winner.

msadows

Liked Posts:

View attachment 5343

If you look at eddie jackson, he had 2 interceptions last year....dissapointing? No?

Then you look at his passer rating against, and its a 57.6. On 43 targets. He played in the slot quite a bit. Thats unreal.

Interception numbers don't always tell the tale. To put this in perspective for you, the probowl FS last year was Minkah, and he had 5 interceptions, but had a 93.0 passer rating against.

Minkah did that on 32 targets. Eddie got targeted more, and denied that opposing qb the satisfaction of winning.

Passer rating against is a much more clear indication of how elite a DB is.

He might have only had 7 interceptions, but he only gave up 3 TD's, from what I'm aware.

There are certain lions DB's who give that up in one game.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Just an FYI, Kyle fuller had 6 interceptions in his college career.

He's 4th in the NFL in interceptions for cornerbacks since his entrance into the NFL.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Unsubstantiated victory-claiming from butthurt guy.

Tried and true internet formula. Winner.

I'm not clamming a victory. I'm saying you argue with me a lot and end up being wrong. Maybe you don't have the great football mind you think you do. It's worth consideration.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'm not clamming a victory. I'm saying you argue with me a lot and end up being wrong. Maybe you don't have the great football mind you think you do. It's worth consideration.
Wrong about what?

Floyd is not, nor never was, a bust. I've said at every juncture he's dosappointing for a #9 pick. But if he was drafted in round two or three, solid value.

Jaylon Johnson had a lot of ints and also has as good of advanced stats as you will find.

Kyler Murray had a terrible QBR through the first three quarters of his first game.

What else was I wrong about in an argument with you?

That said, my football mind isn't great by any means. Even the pros are guessing most of the time, especially about prospects. But I at least make an effort.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Even the pros are guessing most of the time, especially about prospects. But I at least make an effort.

Well, thank you. It's guessing. And for now I do not see reason to get excited about Jaylon. I have my doubts.
Maybe you think he's going to be good. IDK.

Like I said earlier...we'll see.