Let's say Bears trade down with Colts to #6. One of the big 3 qb's* is on the board and the Saints call Poles...

Applefan

Liked Posts:
*Young,Stroud or Levis is on the at #6 in round 1. The Bears have acquired from Colts this years #1(#6), 2nd(#37) and 2nd and 3rd round picks next year.

Okay, so Poles gets a call from Mickey Loomis of the Saints offering this year's 2nd(#40), WR Michael Thomas TE/QB Taysom Hill and 1st round pick next year for Bears 1st(#6) and 5th(#129). Should Poles hang up the phone in a laughing fit or consider this. Hill, while 33 in August still runs about 4.4 and could be used all over the field. Thomas, has been injured often and isn't an explosive receiver, but he's consistent. It would probably mean taking on between $25 million or more combined in salary, but does this upgrade Fields weapons?

Bort

Liked Posts:
Both of those trades are bad. You're trading down from #2 to #6 and not getting an additional first rounder in compensation, then you're trading #6 away for aging veterans, a mid second round pick, and a first round pick next year that might not even be in the top half of the first round.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Both of those trades are bad. You're trading down from #2 to #6 and not getting an additional first rounder in compensation, then you're trading #6 away for aging veterans, a mid second round pick, and a first round pick next year that might not even be in the top half of the first round.

Too much thought went into this. Much too much.

However, I love the idea and target zones.

Yes sir, trade down twice if that happens.

If we bump for a QB at #2, and the #3 QB is still available at #6…

Fucking hell yeah that’s how championship foundations are laid. You take your Hershel Walker deal and start churning compensatory picks.

Next thing you know you got 53 studs and trade partners keep calling.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Too much thought went into this. Much too much.

However, I love the idea and target zones.

Yes sir, trade down twice if that happens.

If we bump for a QB at #2, and the #3 QB is still available at #6…

Fucking hell yeah that’s how championship foundations are laid. You take your Hershel Walker deal and start churning compensatory picks.

Next thing you know you got 53 studs and trade partners keep calling.

I agree that trading down to a team desperate to trade up for a QB is good. It's just that those specific trades OP proposed didn't have adequate compensation for the picks.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I would be open to something similar to this, but not for Hill and Thomas.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree that trading down to a team desperate to trade up for a QB is good. It's just that those specific trades OP proposed didn't have adequate compensation for the picks.
Agreed.

Some real brain addled shit there.

Despite that it was a decent conversation foundation and had some vision and like this guy really thought about this and the structure of how this goes down.

Like you I’m expecting 4 firsts in that parlay as the foundation with other goodies, and the players he mentioned would be like a favor to them to throw in.

Michael Thomas can no longer outplay Harry and Claypool

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
*Young,Stroud or Levis is on the at #6 in round 1. The Bears have acquired from Colts this years #1(#6), 2nd(#37) and 2nd and 3rd round picks next year.

Okay, so Poles gets a call from Mickey Loomis of the Saints offering this year's 2nd(#40), WR Michael Thomas TE/QB Taysom Hill and 1st round pick next year for Bears 1st(#6) and 5th(#129). Should Poles hang up the phone in a laughing fit or consider this. Hill, while 33 in August still runs about 4.4 and could be used all over the field. Thomas, has been injured often and isn't an explosive receiver, but he's consistent. It would probably mean taking on between $25 million or more combined in salary, but does this upgrade Fields weapons?
No. Tell them to fuck off and keep fucking off.

Thomas is a volume receiver. He isn’t what we need since he is always fucking injured. No way.

Taysom? We need a true Move TE. He’s like a gadget.

If they call, put your picks on the table or get the fuck out. This year’s first, next years, and they’re 2nd and 3rd for me to keep listening. They can keep their Syphilis.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol…at lightning and Thunder at the QB position though.

I just don’t get why Tebow wouldn’t allow himself to be treated like Taysom Hill to stay in the league.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

Uh, no.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Who the fuck would want Mr. Injured and a guy that can’t play TE not play QB? Did you think this thru??

Now would be a good time to delete this post and just apologize to everyone that had to read this. When you have the #2 pick in a QB draft and don’t come out of it with multiple 1st rounders bet yet somehow take on 2 very bad contracts, you should be thrown off of a building (not really).

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
First of all Poles is getting fucked if he doesn’t get at least a 1st rounder next year or Buckner from the Colts with that package you are suggesting. Second why get no 1st rounder this year?

I would rather trade with Seattle and get 2 1sts this year.