Let's say we get a Top Ten pick next year.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
I guess the question is who should we take if we can't for some unforeseen reason can't get Kizer, Kaaya, Watson, Garrett?

Trade back a little bit and try to get Luke Falk under any circumstance if we can't get the aforementioned(Or just outright take him). Gotta love the pinpoint accuracy and no nonsense attitude. It would be a refreshing take after having Jay as the QB for so long.

The sociopath we need, and deserve at QB

[video=youtube;McVo7HXb6OU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McVo7HXb6OU[/video]

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
You can all get excited about a early pick until they take an undersized project and waste another draft

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
even if we get the QB we all want...what confidence do we have in this front office to make good with that pick.... so far there is very little. I was all in on PACE but its quickly starting to fade.

I say we give him once chance SANS Cutler and see if it starts to look up..... as we know Jay has been the one constant in this overall train wreck of a past 7 years for the Bears. Its come time to just get that guy off our roster and start moving this team in a different direction.

czman

Liked Posts:
One player, no matter who it is, will not turn this around. People who think the QB of the future is walking into this mess and turning this around are diluting themselves. There are systemic problems on this team, and until those are dealt with, the Bears are going to be garbage. They may ruin a QB in the process.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
deshone-kizer-and-deshaun-watson__807127_.jpg

Anyone who says anything other than QB should be assaulted.

Amen Windy.
But being Bear fans you know something will have to mess up this grand plan. We simply are not this lucky.
Bears probably pull out a needless win this weekend vs the crappy Lions. Then rally for a rare road W vs the not so good Dolts. Then come home and grab another one vs the Jags. 3 - 3 with a big colorfest vs GB. This board goes psycho talking playoffs before finishing with 4 or 5 W's....putting us out of reach for the 2 QB's. Pace won't pay the price needed to move up and all the nuthuggers here rejoice when we draft a middle rounder to appease the crowd that believes we will find the next Prescott.
This is a big weekend for the Kinzer/Watson hopefulls.

Liked Posts:
One player, no matter who it is, will not turn this around. People who think the QB of the future is walking into this mess and turning this around are diluting themselves. There are systemic problems on this team, and until those are dealt with, the Bears are going to be garbage. They may ruin a QB in the process.

No one said one player would change everything, the question was "who should we take?"

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess the question is who should we take if we can't for some unforeseen reason can't get Kizer, Kaaya, Watson, Garrett?

If by some miracle Jesus floats down from the heavens and grants Hoyer a few fluke wins knocking us out of the top 2 then Pace needs to do whatever it takes to get the fuck back in position to get Kizer or Watson.

I'm so sick of the let's just take whoever falls to us or trade down bullshit. No. If your scouting tells you Kizer is going to be a great franchise QB then move the fuck up and get your guy. Stop waiting and hoping for people to fall into your lap. This isn't the time to be settling for left overs. If you're truly serious about rebuilding then you need to do whatever it takes to get the guy you want, period.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
If by some miracle Jesus floats down from the heavens and grants Hoyer a few fluke wins knocking us out of the top 2 then Pace needs to do whatever it takes to get the fuck back in position to get Kizer or Watson.

I'm so sick of the let's just take whoever falls to us or trade down bullshit. No. If your scouting tells you Kizer is going to be a great franchise QB then move the fuck up and get your guy. Stop waiting and hoping for people to fall into your lap. This isn't the time to be settling for left overs. If you're truly serious about rebuilding then you need to do whatever it takes to get the guy you want, period.

How they gonna trade up if Cleveland(Kizer), San Francisco(Watson), New Orleans(Myles Garrett), and some other QB needy team(Buffalo or Washington) ended up ahead of us in the draft and took Kaaya? What if they actually said Eff off to a trade? The thread title clearly says Top 10 so I'd like to explore the scenarios that aren't exactly perfect too.

Rise

Liked Posts:
How they gonna trade up if Cleveland(Kizer), San Francisco(Watson), New Orleans(Myles Garrett), and some other QB needy team(Buffalo or Washington) ended up ahead of us in the draft and took Kaaya? What if they actually said Eff off to a trade? The thread title clearly says Top 10 so I'd like to explore the scenarios that aren't exactly perfect too.

Fine say F it and take Myles Garrett.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

what if he ....ahem....cough...cough...trades down for extra picks

AussieBear

want a top qb... shhiiiii..

better get you some tackles that can passpro first... or its gonna be a wasted pick regardless of if hes a bust or not...

Harbaugh and L.Jackson in 18... Garrett, Chubbs two tackles in 17... well thats my wish

Monster

Liked Posts:
If I was GM... I know half of you will shit on this.

1. Garrett
2. Falk
3. Best available OT
Rest. Best available player

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
doesnt matter, the bears will find a way to fuck up fucking up and end up somewhere closer to .500.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
even if we get the QB we all want...what confidence do we have in this front office to make good with that pick.... so far there is very little. I was all in on PACE but its quickly starting to fade.

I say we give him once chance SANS Cutler and see if it starts to look up..... as we know Jay has been the one constant in this overall train wreck of a past 7 years for the Bears. Its come time to just get that guy off our roster and start moving this team in a different direction.

Unless they're a moron (going against all conventional wisdom like with Tannehill) picking the #1 QB should be a no brainer. It may come down to a 1vs2 crap shoot but not really something anyone should screw up.

If we're picking under #10 and trying to get a starter getting a good QB becomes more questionable, but only because the obvious have been taken.

I'd say the bigger problem comes in training that top 3 QB draftee. Give that the Bears through many coaches and players still fail at basic fundamentals few other teams display (not being able to get open, not being able to cover, not tackling, not blocking) I question whether there's not some "Bears Football" training manual, the ownership requires this to be followed and that method doesn't fit with modern football.

Trying to defend "Anyone But Cutler" when Cutler is expected to retire sooner rather than later is idiocy. Yes we get that you hate him, that has no bearing on reality. Reality is we need his replacement now. We don't need more scrub QB's that should be sitting on a couch not a bench.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
what if he ....ahem....cough...cough...trades down for extra picks

Depends, where's he trading down from and to where?

Is he trading down slightly and taking a guy like Jabrill Peppers or Fournette? If so then I can live with that provided it was some outrageous deal they just couldn't say no to. But in that scenario Pace better be willing to do whatever it takes to get whatever QB he's in love with. If that's moving back up into the first so be it.

Basically as long as he doesn't end up drafting Chad Kelly I'll be cool with just about any scenario that doesn't involve the Bears ignoring the QB position for a 3rd straight year. Kizer, Watson, Kayaa, this fucking Luke Falk kid if you think he's the next Brady, I don't care... just address this mess so this franchise can actually start moving forward.