LG Cody Whitehair (right knee) to return from injured reserve

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Interesting... Where will he play, if he can actually play, this weekend??? LG, or Center?

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Schofield hasn't been bad, but always good to get linemen back.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Interesting... Where will he play, if he can actually play, this weekend??? LG, or Center?

I'd like Patrick at Center and Cody at LG but who knows who the Bears put out there.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am gravely worried this might disrupt the cohesion the Bears OLine has established.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Whitehair was playing great before the injury, good news.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Good news

ideally they get Leatherwood up to speed and shows he's the answer at LG heading into the off season

LT continued development from Jones
LG Leatherwood
C FA/Draft
RG Jenkins
RT FA/Draft

Would prefer higher end FA vets at those spots as the other three are young

Backups could be

T Borom
G Carter
C/G Patrick

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't look now...

Mustipher is graded as the 11th overall C by PFF (67.5). He's 8th overall in run blocking (73.8) and 33rd overall in pass blocking (45.3).

I'm still in the cap of "Mustipher isn't very good and I'd rather have someone else play C...", but he's making the most of his opportunities and will be our C the rest of this season.

Patrick hasn't shown me ANYTHING this year to disrupt whatever chemistry our OL is able to establish the rest of this season.

chuck3671

Liked Posts:
Don't look now...

Mustipher is graded as the 11th overall C by PFF (67.5). He's 8th overall in run blocking (73.8) and 33rd overall in pass blocking (45.3).

I'm still in the cap of "Mustipher isn't very good and I'd rather have someone else play C...", but he's making the most of his opportunities and will be our C the rest of this season.

Patrick hasn't shown me ANYTHING this year to disrupt whatever chemistry our OL is able to establish the rest of this season.
I would put Whitehair back at center and leave LG alone for now. Getting rig of Mustipher is needed

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good news

ideally they get Leatherwood up to speed and shows he's the answer at LG heading into the off season

LT continued development from Jones
LG Leatherwood
C FA/Draft
RG Jenkins
RT FA/Draft

Would prefer higher end FA vets at those spots as the other three are young

Backups could be

T Borom
G Carter
C/G Patrick
I'm interested in what the thought process is from Poles and his staff are at this point. My guess is there is still so much this season to evaluate that they're not leaning one way or the other.

However, its fun to project.

I'm a Braxton Jones guy and feel he's our LT of the future unless he show signs of digression...he's had a good year. For a rookie to be rated 30th overall by PFF and he graded out very well in pass pro against Dallas- I think Braxton has it all.

If Whitehair can finish the season healthy and pick up where he left off- I think he'll have a very good chance to be the starting LG heading into camp. I do think Leatherwood is a guy they like and could be his eventual successor at some point in '23, but I think Whitehair is back.

At C...I'd like to Patrick to be future endeavor'd. He's had bad luck with health, but wow....he hasn't shown anything after being handed everything by this staff. If Mustipher is still cheap...why not just bring him back for next to nothing? Maybe even give him a 2 year deal for next to nothing so he's in the building.

If Cleveland lets Pocic hit FA...Bears should be willing to make him one of the highest paid Cs ever. They have the cap room and he's an elite C who makes our interior better immediately.

Everyone loves Teven Jenkins and they should, but its clear this regime tolerates him more than anything. I think his potential at G is huge, but who knows if he even likes playing there. I'm also curious to seeing how his back holds up. I wouldn't be surprised seeing Leatherwood push him here or seeing the Bears take another G they like in the middle rounds.

I still think Borom will be in their plans at RT, but if there is a guy they love in the 2nd Round to come in and eventually beat Borom out- I could totally see that happen.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would put Whitehair back at center and leave LG alone for now. Getting rig of Mustipher is needed
We've already seen Whitehair at C. He can't snap in the shotgun...no thanks.

Whitehair's best position is clearly LG and thats where he should play.