Lightfoot trying to get the Bears to stay??

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Why rent when a team can own stadium and surrounding land for big $$$$. Also Bears’ having own stadium will double their worth.

Lightfoot is only fooling herself. This is a done deal.

Bust

Liked Posts:
no chance

bears far too late in the game to switch sides

it's ovah for duh lake front

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If they really want to keep the bears there they should sell soldier field and surrounding land to them for a dollar on contingency they put the new stadium there.

But if I lived in Chicago I wouldn’t want to be taxed extra to make the rich richer.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
no chance

bears far too late in the game to switch sides

it's ovah for duh lake front
The AH deal isn't suppose to close until next year (IIRC) I believe so this is the City's last ditch effort to try and keep the Bears there. Could the Bears just be using the AH deal as leverage?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

I’ve seen rumors on twitter of the City trying to put offers out there to remain at SF. Surprised I haven’t seen a thread. I’ve even heard them suggest adding a dome which I know @Leomaz is a fan of
The Bears: "You are a selfish, mean , abusive, egocentric asshat. I have met a rich, hot, and caring millionaire and I am leaving you ."
Mayor Lightfoot: " I hear what you are saying. How about a 10 minute backrub and you come back and finish that blowjob?"

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The AH deal isn't suppose to close until next year (IIRC) I believe so this is the City's last ditch effort to try and keep the Bears there. Could the Bears just be using the AH deal as leverage?

no one wants to be the mayor that lost the bears on their watch

political but its all just to say "we tried"

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
no one wants to be the mayor that lost the bears on their watch

political but its all just to say "we tried"
Yeah, like she's going to say 'We tried everything we could and the Bears were selfish' lol.

Anyone who looks at those 'renderings' knows that's a half as attempt at a venue.

I like @BEARZOMBIE 's idea. Sell the stadium to the Bears and let them develop the area as they wish while consulting the City to meet their needs as well. That's the only way I see them staying at this point

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Only a 45 min drive from Chicago.

The Arlington Heights Bears should be a fun team. Good luck with that.

View attachment 20801
Maybe the Bears can ship in some of the unsodomized sheep that Green Bay has left over after gamedays. Unsodomized farm animals in Green Bay? Oh,what was I thinking?

Last edited:

Speed

Liked Posts:
Bears to Arlington Heights is a done deal. They'd have to get the offer of a lifetime to stay. They can't offer them their own onsite gambling, and the rest of the stuff the Bears will set up in AH, so it's just a matter of when.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
If she put in an actual effort when the Bears were pursing Arlington Heights, then I would care. But she acted like a petulant child who thought they had the leverage when they did not. She should get all the blame for the Bears leaving. Now that the purchase has gone through and all the plans of what this new stadium could bring has settled in, the Bears probably wont give this new proposal the time of day.

But I do wonder if the rumors of the NFL expanding and Chicago being considered for a second team has anything to do with this. I do wonder if there is any agreement that could be proposed that would guarantee Chicago will never bring in a second NFL team.. That may hold some weight in the conversation...otherwise, I think this is a longshot.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Awww look, another butthurt Bears fan that is pretending he isn't upset the new stadium will not be in Chicago, will be nearly a hour away.

I almost feel bad I triggered him....almost?

View attachment 20806
I'm actually looking very forward to a new stadium

Wrong again. This what you do with your free time, loser?

?