Lightfoot wants to block Bears from the use of the name 'Chicago'

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that’s what you wanna do: sound desperate as hell to get another team so some billionaire owner can come in here and fuck the city over for more taxpayer dollars. These assholes don’t need public money and if the market is there for another team let them come up with their own plan. I mean, who really gives a flying fuck if both teams are in the burbs, everyones still gonna go to the city to party.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
If anyone believes that if the Bears move to Arlington Heights and won’t still be called the Chicago Bears they’re as stupid as the OP.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
Bitch should just concentrate on doing what she does best, letting criminals out on the street.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
They can call themselves the Boston Bears or Atlanta Bears if they want to.

There are "New York Pizza" places and "California Kitchens" and "Chicago Dog" places all over. And, of course, multiple examples in the NFL as pointed out repeatedly.

She's a nut job. She's desperate because there is no real, valid reason for the Bears to remain in the city of Chicago.

Maybe the city should have not taken them for granted for half a century.
The Bears have a trademark on "Chicago Bears" they can call themselves whatever they want regardless of what Lightfoot says!

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Lightfoot has made herself look ridiculous throughout this whole process. When she actually had a chance to keep the Bears in Chicago before they explored other options, she acted like a bully...as if she had all the leverage. This is all on her hands. She couldn't have failed more miserably.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I cannot wait until the Bears move to Arlington Heights and have actual control over their own stadium.

Tom Paris

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Sporting Kansas City
  1. Boston Celtics
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
Lightfoot has recently been polling in 4th for mayor's election next month. This is a desperate attempt at getting any kind of vote.
I'm a Democrat and Lightfoot is an absolute clown. Totally out of touch. Hopefully she's voted out. Probably a sure thing because nobody likes her.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they are going to tax fuck Chicago for Jaguars Khan should have to give 49% of majority stake to the citizens of Chicago and the Chicago Wind can be like their northern rival at least as far as practical.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Chicago Chimeras. Mascot could be a half human half pig half spider hybrid that weaves bullet proof webs

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
In order to add another NFL team, all the existing NFL owners must approve!
Won't happen since the Bears wouldn't approve.

mecha

Liked Posts:
If anyone believes that if the Bears move to Arlington Heights and won’t still be called the Chicago Bears they’re as stupid as the OP.
CCS was proposing calling them the Arlington Heights Bears first. I still defer to the New York Giants/Jets playing in New Jersey principle, but yes Lightfoot is just being a desperate fool on this one.