Lightfoot wants to block Bears from the use of the name 'Chicago'

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That is exactly what I was thinking, if Chicago had a second team, they would be wise to play in a brand new stadium that was not controlled by the City.

She is desperate and clueless and her legacy is going to be that she drove away the Chicago Bears, because she was going to make the Chicago Bears "live up to their lease".
The Bears are not leaving because of the current administration alone. It's been a long time coming. I am not fan of Lightfoot's, but I wouldn't blame her for them leaving now.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
madam lightfoot....if you block the Bears from calling themselves chicag o....yuo have my vote......

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It will never happen but the Bears could always go the Patriots or Panthers route and use the name of the region… Great Lakes Bears… or the Cardinals and hockey Panthers and Coyotes route and become the Illinois Bears.
Or make it personal and call themselves "The Lightfoot's Regret-a-Bears".

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
In order to add another NFL team, all the existing NFL owners must approve!
Won't happen since the Bears wouldn't approve.
If they could force the other team to play in their new stadium and pay them tons of money to play there, they might consider it.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Khan grew up a bears fan so I can see him moving the team to chicago.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Every new Mayor I think "Oh maybe this one."

Then they do stuff and I go "Nope, not this one either."

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
She won’t be mayor soon enough. Not that the new mayor will be able to change anything due to the limited options there are to deal with the pension crisis outside of filing bankruptcy.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm fascinated by this train of thought:

"Bears are moving out of the city. Fans will want a team in the city to follow."

"The Jaguars may move and become Chicago's second team."

"They should play in the Bears' stadium in Arlington Heights."

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'm fascinated by this train of thought:

"Bears are moving out of the city. Fans will want a team in the city to follow."

"The Jaguars may move and become Chicago's second team."

"They should play in the Bears' stadium in Arlington Heights."
You missed one, "The Bears hold all of the cards, so it is they who will decide if the Chicagoland area, or let's just call it Chicago, ends up with another team and where that team will play. Seeing how the Chargers are stuck paying the Rams to play home games in the Rams stadium, the Bears may consider that to make even more money for themselves. If another team doesn't like it, they can find a home in another city."

Fans can go pound sand in the Bears mind. Fans will not have a say in what happens because they do not have a vote on whether another team comes to Chicago and where they would play if a new team would come. The McCaskeys do. What is best for the McCaskeys? Either the Bears remain the only team to play in Chicago (the Chicagoland area) or the McCaskeys get something for it which would be a renter (the Jags?) in their new stadium.

I could see the Bears financing the new stadium and Khan financing everything else that is to go in the new stadium area (housing, shopping and entertainment).

One thing that could happen is the Bears voting (allowing) the Jags to move to Chicago while Khan gives them an amazing financial deal to allow the Bears to comfortably build their new stadium.

Either way, no team will get to move to Chicago unless that team sweetens the pot for the Bears to want to make a deal.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's why you always have to have something on the side.
Been down that road in my life. Trust me when I tell you it doesn't end well. Sooner or later the truth comes out and there's a whole lot of heartbreak (and money) spent. P*y is never free- there's always a price. Eventually that side-piece is going to start asking questions like, "Well, why am I the one that's on the side?", etc. LOL Ask me how I know.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Been down that road in my life. Trust me when I tell you it doesn't end well. Sooner or later the truth comes out and there's a whole lot of heartbreak (and money) spent. P*y is never free- there's always a price. Eventually that side-piece is going to start asking questions like, "Well, why am I the one that's on the side?", etc. LOL Ask me how I know.
How do you know…… ?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How do you know…… ?
I paid many prices, for my past woman vices, and I hurt a lot people along the way.
I learned that what matters ain't new p*y on a platter,
It's the lives you impact every day.

When its just you and God watching scenes from your life
and he asks you what did with what you got..
You betta come correct aint no lies to deflect,
and your deeds won't ever be forgot.

Cabbage King

Liked Posts:
You know the old saying - all pussy gets old.